GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty sure they just scanned the bar code on the back.
Thanks, but that's the first thing they tried and it wouldn't scan. Said it isn't in the system.

So I went back after looking up BB's sheet and asked them to try the sku. It found it, but when the system asked to scan the card to put an amount in, it said it wasn't the right type of card. He tried sliding the card and scanning the barcode of the card. Neither worked.

Is everyone getting actual Amazon giftcards or Kindle cards? My store only has Kindle and they've never carried normal ones in years, if ever. They've only carried Kindle which is the ones I used to buy all the time anyways.

Thanks, but that's the first thing they tried and it wouldn't scan. Said it isn't in the system.

So I went back after looking up BB's sheet and asked them to try the sku. It found it, but when the system asked to scan the card to put an amount in, it said it wasn't the right type of card. He tried sliding the card and scanning the barcode of the card. Neither worked.

Is everyone getting actual Amazon giftcards or Kindle cards? My store only has Kindle and they've never carried normal ones in years, if ever. They've only carried Kindle which is the ones I used to buy all the time anyways.
It sounds like you were trying to buy one of the old cards they used to sell. These do not work at all when scanned.

The new ones are blue or black with "a" amazon branding. Not kindle

sounds like old cards

I got an amazon gift card, haven't herd kindle mentioned at all.

Why would he do that? Did he give you the credit back?
Yeah on the card. As I leaned over to swipe it, he looked me in the eye and told me that I wouldn't be getting the trade bonus anymore. It was awkward. This was the store that insisted that I fully pay off preorders for the bonus to work.

Yeah on the card. As I leaned over to swipe it, he looked me in the eye and told me that I wouldn't be getting the trade bonus anymore. It was awkward. This was the store that insisted that I fully pay off preorders for the bonus to work.
LMAO... sounds like you got punked. Did he whisper that to you?

On a serious note... how can that happen? Did they give you back the games you traded for those two?

LMAO... sounds like you got punked. Did he whisper that to you?

On a serious note... how can that happen? Did they give you back the games you traded for those two?
Yeah. He whispered it to me. I don't think they would have given back the games that I trade in for those two preorders. It was a lot. Idk he was in a bad mood. He was there when the manager told me that LP can track when I use the promo and then return the games. I already sold two of the new games that I got with the promo that I was thinking of returning. I called ahead and knew it would been a bad idea to bring the Yooka Laylee copy that he sold to me with the promo.

Man I'm so glad I'm not into pop figures. Amiibos are enough of a money pit for me
At least with Amiibo there is some limit to how many they will make, even with the crazy amount of variations. They make pop figures for EVERYTHING. It would be a nightmare to get into them.

I'll tap out of the amiibo game when they start doing Pokemon amiibo for every Pokemon.

Yeah. He whispered it to me. I don't think they would have given back the games that I trade in for those two preorders. It was a lot. Idk he was in a bad mood. He was there when the manager told me that LP can track when I use the promo and then return the games. I already sold two of the new games that I got with the promo that I was thinking of returning. I called ahead and knew it would been a bad idea to bring the Yooka Laylee copy that he sold to me with the promo.
No joke you should just cross that store off your list. You got an employee in a bad mood and every single thing in your transaction hurt his COL score.

Or you can keep pushing your luck and get that eventual LP ban ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i would have a hard time keeping a straight face if someone at gamestop leaned in, looked me in the eyes and whispered anything like "you are never getting the bonus again". i would absolutely lose it.

At least with Amiibo there is some limit to how many they will make, even with the crazy amount of variations. They make pop figures for EVERYTHING. It would be a nightmare to get into them.

I'll tap out of the amiibo game when they start doing Pokemon amiibo for every Pokemon.
Pfft, there's Link a dozen Link amiibo. Nintendo doesn't know limits.

It sounds like you were trying to buy one of the old cards they used to sell. These do not work at all when scanned.

The new ones are blue or black with "a" amazon branding. Not kindle
sounds like old cards

I got an amazon gift card, haven't herd kindle mentioned at all.
Thank you both. That's so odd because they stopped carrying Kindle cards for a while. Then they finally bring these new ones today and they look very different than the old Kindle cards. So I thought it was the same. It doesn't make sense why they have these out on the rack, that have a brand new design, in the first place then.

I just responded with ok when he said that. I wasn't expecting it. I thought it was going to be okay since I didn't return the bonus trade in games.

Exactly, I have every Amiibo figure and it's not too bad. Only like 130ish. Pops... I would imagine there have to be well over 1000 by now

I would certainly hope they make the eventual Pokémon ones into cards rather than figures >_> otherwise yeah I'm out at that point lol

Exactly, I have every Amiibo figure and it's not too bad. Only like 130ish. Pops... I would imagine there have to be well over 1000 by now

I would certainly hope they make the eventual Pokémon ones into cards rather than figures >_> otherwise yeah I'm out at that point lol
In Feb 2016 there were 1676. I couldn't find a more updated number, so saying there's over 2000 now probably isn't inaccurate. For reference, I think we're at about 800 or so Nendoroids.

Bought a Amazon GC but was blocked from buying another one.
I never understood why people post tthings like this and provide no details at all.

1. Blocked how? DId the system blocked you? Were you using your Power Up Rewards account? What did the employee tell you? Had you purchased giftcards earlier in the week? If so, did you use your power up account then?

Provide as much detail as possible. No detail is too small. This is how we stay one step ahead.

Hello gang, first time posting.  First off, this is the best thread ever, so thanks for that.  Secondly... I might have bought 4 copies of BotW for Switch and figured I would make sure I'm doing this right.  Any issues trading in 4 of the same game if I do it at 4 different stores?  Also, the plan was to pick up different games for them, probably one of each Puyo Puyo and Yooka for both consoles.  Any major issues with this plan? I have like 10 stores between me and work so spreading this stuff out isn't an issue.  Thanks again, you guys saved me a ton of money this year...

Hello gang, first time posting. First off, this is the best thread ever, so thanks for that. Secondly... I might have bought 4 copies of BotW for Switch and figured I would make sure I'm doing this right. Any issues trading in 4 of the same game if I do it at 4 different stores? Also, the plan was to pick up different games for them, probably one of each Puyo Puyo and Yooka for both consoles. Any major issues with this plan? I have like 10 stores between me and work so spreading this stuff out isn't an issue. Thanks again, you guys saved me a ton of money this year...
Glad youre saving and doing well by this. Now if you would kindly head to the faq on page 1

Icemagician is a moron but gamestop must hire only the most asshole people who look at the customer as their enemy.

You cant force someone to buy a preordered game just becauase they got a bonus.

Icemagician is a moron but gamestop must hire only the most asshole people who look at the customer as their enemy.

You cant force someone to buy a preordered game just becauase they got a bonus.
Reading this post reminded me that I got to keep the free paid DLC and the Vudu movie code that I received from purchasing and returning Resident Evil 7, even though that was an entirely different type of bonus.

Glad youre saving and doing well by this. Now if you would kindly head to the faq on page 1
I did read it over, but I skimmed honestly. The one question that looked related said you shouldn't try trading in multiples in one transaction... but I do recall a 4 item limit somewhere in the FAQ. I will re-read and make sure I got that right. Thanks for the reply!

I did read it over, but I skimmed honestly. The one question that looked related said you shouldn't try trading in multiples in one transaction... but I do recall a 4 item limit somewhere in the FAQ. I will re-read and make sure I got that right. Thanks for the reply!
There's a monthly rolling limit of 4 per item. But GS employees can see your recent transactions so be aware of that.

Reading this post reminded me that I got to keep the free paid DLC and the Vudu movie code that I received from purchasing and returning Resident Evil 7, even though that was an entirely different type of bonus.
I do it all the time with retailer exclusive DLC/preorder bonuses.

A little off topic, but does anyone here have experience applying for Best Buy credit card?  I'm in the market for a 4K TV, just not sure which yet.  Looking to do the 24-month no interest financing, I know I'll be able to pay it off before that time arrives but don't want to pay it all upfront.  Just want to know how honest this credit card is, don't want to deal with any hidden fees.  Any help would be great!

A little off topic, but does anyone here have experience applying for Best Buy credit card? I'm in the market for a 4K TV, just not sure which yet. Looking to do the 24-month no interest financing, I know I'll be able to pay it off before that time arrives but don't want to pay it all upfront. Just want to know how honest this credit card is, don't want to deal with any hidden fees. Any help would be great!
just make sure it's paid off within the 24 months, I don't know the interest rate after the 24 months but it's ridiculously high.

Best Buy I called about the Reinhardt POP that said they didn't have any yesterday, said they sold them this morning. fucking retail. Why lie to customers at all? Unless it was employees buying it then fuck it at that point. I think I'll stay away from POPs for now...amiibos are bad enough.

Best Buy I called about the Reinhardt POP that said they didn't have any yesterday, said they sold them this morning. fucking retail. Why lie to customers at all? Unless it was employees buying it then fuck it at that point. I think I'll stay away from POPs for now...amiibos are bad enough.
you can go in store and place an order threw the warehouse, just give them the sku 5655428, been seeing plenty on reddit getting it done. Seems like most stores only got 2 in, if you want him I'd go place that order asap, I don't think it's gonna last all day.

yesterday was told they had two, I got there about ten min before they opened and was told they only had one, lucked out no one else was waiting :D I'm guessing an employee nabbed one or they just didn't wanna sell me both

A little off topic, but does anyone here have experience applying for Best Buy credit card? I'm in the market for a 4K TV, just not sure which yet. Looking to do the 24-month no interest financing, I know I'll be able to pay it off before that time arrives but don't want to pay it all upfront. Just want to know how honest this credit card is, don't want to deal with any hidden fees. Any help would be great!
The interest is brutal, so be sure to pay every penny off on time. Also, apply for it when you buy your TV. You'll get 10% of your purchase back in reward points.

Well, they somehow still have access to my points. Points posted from an online purchase, and they redeemed them immediately this morning.

If I buy my brother a game with a gift receipt and he returns it, do both of our PUR accounts take a hit?

The interest is brutal, so be sure to pay every penny off on time. Also, apply for it when you buy your TV. You'll get 10% of your purchase back in reward points.

just make sure it's paid off within the 24 months, I don't know the interest rate after the 24 months but it's ridiculously high.
Yea I plan on paying more than the minimum monthly, thanks for the heads up on the extra 10% on rewards! You guys have any 4K recommendations for gaming?

I do it all the time with retailer exclusive DLC/preorder bonuses.
Don't they flag your account for doing this all the time?

Well, they somehow still have access to my points. Points posted from an online purchase, and they redeemed them immediately this morning.
Damn...Where's all that moxie when you need? Lol can't you change your email or password? That sucks big time though

If I buy my brother a game with a gift receipt and he returns it, do both of our OUR accounts take a hit?
Exactly what I'm thinking when I buy a new game...how can I return it? Lol

Just give him a gift card or your trade card and let him choose...unless you're trying to game the system by buying one of those hidden gems

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back