GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent placed a web instore in a very longtime, anyone else attest on how long it takes to get points for a web instore order, I bought a switch bundle.

Anyone buy amazon gift cards today? I got denied at my home store, but maybe it was because I cancelled an old Mario kart 8 Deluxe preorder. I didn't buy or trade anything in, so maybe he was on to me. usually the supervisor there is really nice so I didn't make a stink about it.

I bought a used game and a $200 amazon card in the past transaction a few days ago so I guess that's why it wasn't a problem. It also wasn't my home store. Now I need to find something cheap so I can cash out and get another $100 amazon card
did I miss something? GS lets you buy amazon gift cards with Gamestop giftcards? :pray:

How long does it usually take for a new released game go preowned. I want to use my 20% off pre owned coupon to purchase injustice 2 and is there any thing else i can do with my coupon another then just apply it to a single game?

How long does it usually take for a new released game go preowned. I want to use my 20% off pre owned coupon to purchase injustice 2 and is there any thing else i can do with my coupon another then just apply it to a single game?
It could be as soon as the next day, it just depends on when people trade the game in.

depends whether the pawn law is in your area. if someone were to trade it in the following day, we still would have to wait 7 days before it can be sold as preowned.

I'm not so sure. California has a 30 day pawn law, yet I've seen my trade ins on the floor the next day.
I think that's for systems and stuff with a serial number. I have purchased "new" pre-owned games within a couple of days of its actual release date. One time, I even bought back the GTAV I traded in lol I think it had a high TIV & there was a B2G1 going on

This is a little off topic, but this thread probably has the most knowledgeable people about something like this. Does anyone know some kind of backward ass way get GS Amazon giftcards to work on Amazon UK?

Around here, stores are supposed to hold everything traded in or sold for 7 days. Most places will do it for systems, very few do it for games especially games traded in. Not too many thieves steal games just to swap them for different games so stores feel safe putting that stuff out for sale. 

Around here, stores are supposed to hold everything traded in or sold for 7 days. Most places will do it for systems, very few do it for games especially games traded in. Not too many thieves steal games just to swap them for different games so stores feel safe putting that stuff out for sale.
That and games really aren't trackable, unlike consoles which have the serial #s logged when they're traded.

Re-upped my PUR yesterday, hoping to get 2-3 B2G1 coupons like others have been saying. Points from sales yesterday have already posted so that is fixed now. I also noticed when they tried "patching" a security hole I know of the left another new one open LOL.
It couldn't hurt to check your account again. I renewed my account Tuesday, receive just one B2G1 coupon yesterday afternoon. I thought the same thing you did. I just looked again, and they dropped in a second B2G1 coupon sometime after midnight last night. Definitely only one renewal on my end, and I can confirm my account only renewed for one year.

What's the policy on swapping a game that I paid off using a trade promo (ie %50 bonus towards Resident Evil 7) for a game I actually want to play?  Would there be some kind of negative number for the employee and is that something that is frowned on?  Again, not getting a refund or asking for store credit back, just swapping for another title of the same price.  I'm basically just trying to avoid cancelling pre-orders on employees.  So in this scenario, I'd use a trade bonus to fully pay off a pre-order.  PIck up the game, and then return a week or so later to swap it.

What's the policy on swapping a game that I paid off using a trade promo (ie %50 bonus towards Resident Evil 7) for a game I actually want to play? Would there be some kind of negative number for the employee and is that something that is frowned on? Again, not getting a refund or asking for store credit back, just swapping for another title of the same price. I'm basically just trying to avoid cancelling pre-orders on employees. So in this scenario, I'd use a trade bonus to fully pay off a pre-order. PIck up the game, and then return a week or so later to swap it.
They dont know you paid for the game with a promotion, unless you tell them.You are free to do whatever you want with the credit.

What's the policy on swapping a game that I paid off using a trade promo (ie %50 bonus towards Resident Evil 7) for a game I actually want to play? Would there be some kind of negative number for the employee and is that something that is frowned on? Again, not getting a refund or asking for store credit back, just swapping for another title of the same price. I'm basically just trying to avoid cancelling pre-orders on employees. So in this scenario, I'd use a trade bonus to fully pay off a pre-order. PIck up the game, and then return a week or so later to swap it.
I believe it hurts them a little but put some thought into it and think outside the box, for example, in your scenario I'd take it back and let the employee know that I bought it as a gift and they already had it so i came to swap it for what they really want. Boom. Obviously you can't use that excuse over and over on the same employee

I believe it hurts them a little but put some thought into it and think outside the box, for example, in your scenario I'd take it back and let the employee know that I bought it as a gift and they already had it so i came to swap it for what they really want. Boom. Obviously you can't use that excuse over and over on the same employee
The excuse doesn't really matter. A return is a return at the of the day

Hmmm not due for a renewal until October but might make a go for it now cause even one coupon would be worth it if Zelda holds or bounces back end of month.

Another update to the point theft story- talked to the manager at my regular store, and they let me see my recent transaction history, which happened to include a grand theft auto v and NBA 2k17 that I didn't buy... so I called up support to let them know the new info and had the manager on speakerphone with me and they just kept feeding us the line about 3-5 days for investigation.

So the manager told me to come back Monday, and he is going to call the store support line, get them to find the store where the purchase was made and pull the tapes.

Juicy

Could be that someone unknowingly bought the stolen certs off ebay or something, that would suck for the person if anything were to happen to them.

I was actually thinking of preordering Injustice from GS for the Darkside DLC. I don't really want that DLC but I figured some body would pay enough online for it to make up the difference in the price. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another update to the point theft story- talked to the manager at my regular store, and they let me see my recent transaction history, which happened to include a grand theft auto v and NBA 2k17 that I didn't buy... so I called up support to let them know the new info and had the manager on speakerphone with me and they just kept feeding us the line about 3-5 days for investigation.

So the manager told me to come back Monday, and he is going to call the store support line, get them to find the store where the purchase was made and pull the tapes.

Juicy
It could be a rogue employee as well. They can easily redeem points with just your phone number on hand.

I was actually thinking of preordering Injustice from GS for the Darkside DLC. I don't really want that DLC but I figured some body would pay enough online for it to make up the difference in the price. What do you guys think?
If you meant Darkseid, I think it comes with every new copy no matter where you purchase it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back