GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude that coupon only works when you trade a game in the same transaction. Takes 10% off a game you purchase when you trade. Now stop asking about it

Depends on pawn laws / area. I used to find good stuff all the time in Texas, but California pawn shops are crap.
On a whim I stopped by my "local" pawn store. Anyone interested in a $20 copy of Perfect Dark: Zero in the SteelBook case? :)

A bit too open and friendly, I tend to say way more than I need to at any moment and enjoy striking up a conversation with people on just random things.

I'm sadly the type of person who is regularly told to shut up....
I have a Chatty Cathy in my family! Her name is actually Kathy, so the nickname doesn't work...

$5 coupons plus multiple stores.
As has been mentioned lots before, not everyone has a stack of these cards handed to them...

Dude that coupon only works when you trade a game in the same transaction. Takes 10% off a game you purchase when you trade. Now stop asking about it
?

I picked up AC Syndicate recently, but I think I am going to return it. I might use the $5 and the money from Syndicate to pick up Torment: Tides of Numenera. 

Anyone else find it funny when a store wants to charge a refurb fee on a disc that another store had NO problem selling to you 10 minutes ago?

And since when did GS start charging outrageous prices on disc refurb? I figure they base it on the price of the game (like game protection), but holy shit, $7 refurb on a game they turn around and charge $50 for? GS done lost its mind!
how about then totally refusing to take the game another store sold you a couple weeks back (my experience)

how about then totally refusing to take the game another store sold you a couple weeks back (my experience)
Better yet: charging you a refurb fee on a game that the same store sold you three days prior, that they know they did. (I wasn't being stupid, was just throwing it in with some other stuff I was trading in since the TIV got a bump)

Better yet: charging you a refurb fee on a game that the same store sold you three days prior, that they know they did. (I wasn't being stupid, was just throwing it in with some other stuff I was trading in since the TIV got a bump)
How about charging a refurb fee on a DS game of all things? Clerk said that it looked damaged (it looked and worked fine, nice label). How are they going to refurb a DS game?! I know they at least have disc refurbishing machines, even if they don't actually refurb the discs they slap fees on. But a DS game can't be refurbished...

I have had a time or two where they tried slapping refurb fees on brand new games i had opened earlier in the day. You really have to keep a eye on things when trading in.

I think it was some time last year there was 4 for $20 that generated some boomerangs and I got hit with a lot of refurb fees because most of them were old :360: and :wii: games. The funny thing was I was trading them back and forth between 3 stores over the course of a week and they would sell me the same fucked up discs over and over again and never actually send them back to get refurbed even though they took the fee to do so.

I think it was some time last year there was 4 for $20 that generated some boomerangs and I got hit with a lot of refurb fees because most of them were old :360: and :wii: games. The funny thing was I was trading them back and forth between 3 stores over the course of a week and they would sell me the same fucked up discs over and over again and never actually send them back to get refurbed even though they took the fee to do so.
If so then they are moving product out of defective and into inventory.

I really don't understand this Gamestop flipping game. I looked at that spreadsheet and saw a bunch of negative numbers not positive numbers.

I've still got a small stack of games from a yardsale a few weeks ago to offload but want to maximize my take. I see they are doing extra 30% to Tekken 7?

I really don't understand this Gamestop flipping game. I looked at that spreadsheet and saw a bunch of negative numbers not positive numbers.

I've still got a small stack of games from a yardsale a few weeks ago to offload but want to maximize my take. I see they are doing extra 30% to Tekken 7?
FAQ page 1

This games not for you kid. Ya already done fucked up.

So yeah, never got a reply from the escalations email. Now the people on the phone are saying it's with some account resolution team, and have twice promised a call back within 24 hours with no call.

This is the most ridiculous customer service I've ever heard of.

So yeah, never got a reply from the escalations email. Now the people on the phone are saying it's with some account resolution team, and have twice promised a call back within 24 hours with no call.

This is the most ridiculous customer service I've ever heard of.
Maybe write an email to Kotaku, that seems to get their attention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Might buy a copy of FIFA 17 and hang onto it for the Best Buy Promo. FIFA's on sale for $19.99 new

Edit:
Nvm, the $5 coupon is for pre-owned only

How much do they give with that Best Buy last years -> this years promo?
If I remember correctly a $10 off coupon for the new game (comes off before GCU) and $10 base credit for last gen or $15 base for current gen (So up to $36.50 off plus the typical $10 preorder when stacked with GCU).

Well I ended up talking to a supervisor and cancelling the order and got all the credit on the trade card. Then I went and got an amazon card and bought the racing wheel for $30 less than gamestop, but they didn't have the pedals in stock.

Big thanks to the people in the Xbox deals thread who linked to the Reddit thread showing that Microsoft account balance now works on physical items in the Microsoft store- so I went back in and bought a bunch of Xbox gift cards and then bought the pedals from the Microsoft store.

I'm free, I'm finally free!

Big thanks to the people in the Xbox deals thread who linked to the Reddit thread showing that Microsoft account balance now works on physical items in the Microsoft store- so I went back in and bought a bunch of Xbox gift cards and then bought the pedals from the Microsoft store.

I'm free, I'm finally free!
Wait what? o_O Microsoft balance works on MicrosoftStore purchases now? Microsoft balance is the same thing as Xbox balance right??? Or is that Windows balance ...

I just posted that in the AWD thread.

It's fantastic - going to buy an Xbox Scorpio solely through Amazon no-rush credits ;)
All I'm getting is $5 credits for Amazon pantry. I'm guessing those cannot be used for regular items, correct?

Edit. Ok, I see. It appears the credit is only for Prime now which is not in my area.

Dude! Tell me about it! Their prices suck too! I can drive to Wal-Mart or Publix in 5 minutes and get way better deals.
But you can't buy this:

SirBananas.jpg

the $5 pantry isn't too bad if you do the get 5 specific items, get free shipping. cause it stacks on it so instead of taking $5 for shipping, it'll just take it off the order. if you have multiple, even better.

the $5 pantry isn't too bad if you do the get 5 specific items, get free shipping. cause it stacks on it so instead of taking $5 for shipping, it'll just take it off the order. if you have multiple, even better.
The other day I bought 100 cans of beans... I needed $19 of filler though

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back