GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of the same games can you trade in before they ban you? I've got 3 copies of one game and was wondering if the system would ban me for trading all 3 in during the same week ( not all at once, one at a time a differrent store everytime )
4 in a month we believe to be acceptable. its the 5th that gets the ban

Does the extra $2 work when trading in the games with the games that have the trade in before X and get $40, such as GTA5? Or does it just give the base value plus $2?

Does the extra $2 work when trading in the games with the games that have the trade in before X and get $40, such as GTA5? Or does it just give the base value plus $2?
Is this promo still activate? If so how do you activate it?

edit: just saw its an activate offer in app, thanks!

The guaranteed $40 bonus overrides the other promo. So your GTA V would be $35 + $5 (40 bump) + $3.50 (PUR) = $43.50

Those games do not count toward the 5 for $10, so if you take in 15 games and 2 of them are guaranteed, only 10 games will get the $2 bump and 3 non-guaranteed and the 2 guaranteed will not get the $2 bonus. So make sure you have sets of 5 games which are not guaranteed.

Does a $X off coupon from PUR reward stack with the B2G1 coupon or is that a no-go?  I have some credit I want to dump and take to Best Buy for tomorrow.

Edit: nevermind the BB trade in values tanked today... not even sure if worth it now.

Does a $X off coupon from PUR reward stack with the B2G1 coupon or is that a no-go? I have some credit I want to dump and take to Best Buy for tomorrow.

Edit: nevermind the BB trade in values tanked today... not even sure if worth it now.
Nope. I tried yesterday. It takes it off the lowest game. Which made it free for me, then B2G1 just makes the free game free. Complete waste of $x off coupons. Now I have $40 off and NOTHING to use them on at Lamestop.

Nope. I tried yesterday. It takes it off the lowest game. Which made it free for me, then B2G1 just makes the free game free. Complete waste of $x off coupons. Now I have $40 off and NOTHING to use them on at Lamestop.
Lame. I have a decent amount of credit there because of different promotions but their prices are just so awful that I never want to actually spend the points because it feels like spending way too much. I might just convert it all to Amazon money, but I'd rather have BB like most. Also have a 13k in rewards points just sitting there.

Bleh.

Man, just got back from GameStop and  with all the game flipping I do,  it just dawned on me that I pretty much know every employees'work schedule in my 5 closest gamestops.

For those of you who bought Far Cry 4 new, did it come with any codes to unlock content?

For those of you who bought Far Cry 4 new, did it come with any codes to unlock content?
The Limited Edition on PS4 comes with two codes: one for a bonus weapon and 3 single-player missions, the other for allowing 10 people to play without the game disc.

So did anyone hear about this "buy PS4 console get Destiny (disc), NBA 2K15, LBP3, or FarCry 4 (digital) for free" starting tomorrow? Went to grab a BF bundle today and the manager said to come back tomorrow for a free game.

Opened a new PUR account tonight using 15,000 thinking that I had a shot at getting 3 B2G1 coupons (one on the receipt, one since every PUR member got one this month, and one from the glitch.) I got none of them instantly.. bummer. Anyone have success with the glitch when renewing lately?
GameStop is no longer printing out the B2G1 free coupon on the receipt. Going back to the old way.

Not sure if you are trying to be helpful or not, but that link is broken. There is another link in the OP that is supposed to show "Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)", but there aren't any shown there, so I don't know if they moved them, or if there aren't any, hence my question I didn't see the small print on my phone, and mistook the section at the bottom for some other sort of advertisement, my bad. Guaranteed $40 trade values don't generally show as $40 in the search, in my experience, they show their base value (e.g. a game that has a base value of $35 but a guaranteed trade in of $40 will show $35 when looked up on the site, and PUR members would get $43.50 total trade (guaranteed $40 + 10% of base)).

Edit: NVM, I see them at the bottom of the other link in the OP (http://www.gamestop.com/trade/?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-9U3TTM6fp5y5UiCM_XHxqA).

Halo: MCC $40 through 12/10

Assassin's Creed Unity $40 through 12/10

WWE 2K15 $40 through 12/17

Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4/X1) $40 through 12/17

GTAV (PS4/X1) $40 through 12/17

Far Cry 4 (PS4/X1) $40 through 12/17

Super Smash Bros (Wii-U) $40 through 12/20

I only listed the $40 guarantees, there are some $30 and $25 as well.

It's in your Active Offers already, not coupons available to be purchased via points.
yeah, i called customer service and was told, since i just got pro member a day ago, it was take 24-48 hours for it to appear into my account. That's why i don't see it at the moment. But thanks

Hmmm... that does look the same, but the GS deal said Destiny physical disc instead. GS did not mention a special bundle - he was thinking it would work with any PS4 - including the BF bundle.
No go - they delayed the start of the offer until tomorrow and sent a note out saying the current bundles are excluded. I'm thinking the system would allow it today and they are putting a code change out tomorrow/tonight.

Someone help me out with return fraud here. I got shadow of mordor still brand new and sealed for $20 but not the legion edition. I got the pre owned legion edition of shadow of mordor from gamestop for $40 with bday coupon. Now, I'm pretty sure they have different upc but the pre owned sticker is covering it. So if I switch the artworks, would they still notice that it's different since the pre owned stickers have numbers on them too? (Will they actually see in the system that it's supposed to be the legion edition when they scan the sticker)? And do they even remove the pre owned sticker on the back that covers the upc and scan that upc instead of the sticker? I'm doing this for just that artwork. I know it's lame but I like to have limited editions of games

as soon as I asked about amiibo he told me if I was looking for villager or marth I would not find it there as production has stopped. My store was also out of fox the only other I wanted, so I preordered king dedede as that is the only one I really like

Someone help me out with return fraud here. I got shadow of mordor still brand new and sealed for $20 but not the legion edition. I got the pre owned legion edition of shadow of mordor from gamestop for $40 with bday coupon. Now, I'm pretty sure they have different upc but the pre owned sticker is covering it. So if I switch the artworks, would they still notice that it's different since the pre owned stickers have numbers on them too? (Will they actually see in the system that it's supposed to be the legion edition when they scan the sticker)? And do they even remove the pre owned sticker on the back that covers the upc and scan that upc instead of the sticker? I'm doing this for just that artwork. I know it's lame but I like to have limited editions of games
I see a ban in your future.. :)

Bruh, just print out a cover?

what the hell are you talking about, legion of edition mordor is just a silver sticker on the front and an extra paper insert on the inside. The silver sticker is on the outside too so once you actually open the game its gone, dunno wtf Gamestop put on your pre owned edition. Anyways the PS4 legion UPC is 8-83929-31969-5 I'm 99.99999999% sure it matches the normal PS4 version too.

heck I just confirmed it since when you search that SKU on best buys trade in site it takes you to the normal SOM sku

what the hell are you talking about, legion of edition mordor is just a silver sticker on the front and an extra paper insert on the inside. The silver sticker is on the outside too so once you actually open the game its gone, dunno wtf Gamestop put on your pre owned edition. Anyways the PS4 legion UPC is 8-83929-31969-5 I'm 99.99999999% sure it matches the normal PS4 version too.

heck I just confirmed it since when you search that SKU on best buys trade in site it takes you to the normal SOM sku
I f***in love you bro, thanks!

Edit: bruh

This is the number on the pre owned sticker

(932) 104412 111814AXL106

The regular version was marked as new and had a different number. I tried to look for another regular version but pre owned but couldn't find one sadly.

Edit: On my receipt it shows 104412 932/000 so I think it'll be fine if they don't actually pull out the artwork to see the barcode. I believe they just scan the receipt and/or the pre owned sticker. Correct me if I'm wrong

Double Edit: Wow it actually came with all the dlc unused. Dark ranger pack, rising storm rune, and the ps exclusive. Rich people these days, pre ordering and trading them in

2nd M$ trade in

Sunset Overdrive-26.20

Forza Horizon 2-26.20

KSP Rivals-17.40

Walking Dead PS3-8.87

Beyond 2 souls PS3-6.40

total 85.07 after PUR and $10 for 5 game coupon.

Anybody know if either the Powerpro Coupons for $10 off used games or system would work with the Kinect for the 360? KInd of remember the used Kinect is in their system as a system, not an accessory. Want to use up some of my points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back