GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldnt find any info in the OP about this, so i figured i'd ask here (sorry if it was recently answered). I know that Skylander figures can be traded in now, but what about Skylander "Games", and "Portals"? I was in a store about 2 days ago and noticed a few portals (bagged in the accessory section) and some used copies of Skylanders games. i have a ton of games and portals ive picked up in past Kmart clearance sales i dont intend on using. Thx.

I couldnt find any info in the OP about this, so i figured i'd ask here (sorry if it was recently answered). I know that Skylander figures can be traded in now, but what about Skylander "Games", and "Portals"? I was in a store about 2 days ago and noticed a few portals (bagged in the accessory section) and some used copies of Skylanders games. i have a ton of games and portals ive picked up in past Kmart clearance sales i dont intend on using. Thx.
I don't know about the games but they at least took the portals. I don't know the value though and they were 1 cent when they were promoting it originally and giving you the Pop Fizz figure for trading. Probably going to have to ask in store.

I don't know about the games but they at least took the portals. I don't know the value though and they were 1 cent when they were promoting it originally and giving you the Pop Fizz figure for trading. Probably going to have to ask in store.
Games are now listed on the website.

:3ds: Swap Force portal is $1 last I knew.

DOUBLE POST, this thread is pretty dead compared to what these used to be like years ago. What a shame Gamestop.

That being said I definitely was suckered into the new 3DSXL haha. I really like the guys at the one store and the manager is super nice. He actually set up his own display right next to the registered and was working on it when I got there for the 3DS and he is like, wanna check it out? And damn. It feels so much nicer and that little c-nub actually works pretty well. Nothing for crazy precision but for basic camera and other functionality I really like it. I scoured some old DS games and other things then and counting the 3DS XL trade in I would be looking at spending ~ $75 to upgrade and I am really tempted.

That being said though, do you guys know if they take the Circle Pad Pro for trade in? It isn't on their site as a possibility so I would imagine probably not but didn't know if any of you had any further info. Thanks : )

*EDIT*

Just checked the OP, which I should have done first I know I know, and it looks like almost 2 years ago the Circle Pad Pro was bringing in a whopping $1.50 .... damn. : /
The Circle Pad pro was only used on like 5 games, I think. I am pretty sure it still sells for around $15 on eBay if you wanted to go that route. When it was new, I had a hard-on to get it, because I have all of the games that can use it. It was hard to find, and I think they eventually dropped support.

I saw some PS3 Skylanders game last time I was there. Didn't look at it, just know they sell it.

Would I have any problems trading in a refurbished Xbox One I bought from Microsoft? I got it in the Thanksgiving deal from Microsoft Store and already traded in the Kinect on Amazon for $130, so $200 for the console doesn't seem like a bad deal considering what I paid for it.

Would I have any problems trading in a refurbished Xbox One I bought from Microsoft? I got it in the Thanksgiving deal from Microsoft Store and already traded in the Kinect on Amazon for $130, so $200 for the console doesn't seem like a bad deal considering what I paid for it.
Just walk in and say "I want to trade this."

They will check it, ring it up, and you will get money.

My fee for that advice is 10%.

(No, they don't give 2 craps where you got it)

what have you guys been buying at GS, i made like $800 over the summer trading stuff around and have spent like $30 of that in the past 3 months on some minor zelda stuff. almost all my money has been going to BBY (MM 3ds XL + game, Claptrap Borderlands edition, ton of new games, etc). I guess maybe if you buy Amiibo's?

i don't buy ps3/360/wii/ds games anymore though so maybe thats the difference too.

Flips to BBY and Amazon.
This. A lot of flips to both lately. Some requiring heavy investment (like 2 Wii's last month)

This was posted in another thread:

Did you know that the new(?) GS policy is to not include any cases for games $5 or less? I realized it yesterday when I asked for a case and the lady said - "your game is only $4.xx so we can't give you a case, sorry".
Can anyone comment if this is becoming actual policy or just a crappy store?

This was posted in another thread:

I bought Wii Fit today, and they said nothing of the sort. Got the case, which luckily had the CN code unused.

However, I did come here to give some completely unrelated bad news that will make those of you who like using the multiple coupon glitch (where you use the 20/15/10/5 off coupon, and only the highest value disappears from your active offers) sad. My chatty employee today said that they're getting rid of the old operating systems, and every register is going to be replaced with their new ones by next Wednesday. People have reported that the glitch doesn't work on the new registers, and that it's only the old registers that it works with. Might want to take advantage of those coupons now before you can't anymore. While I don't know if every Gamestop will make that switch next week, it definitely seems like you can expect that change to come sooner rather then later.

I bought Wii Fit today, and they said nothing of the sort. Got the case, which luckily had the CN code unused.

However, I did come here to give some completely unrelated bad news that will make those of you who like using the multiple coupon glitch (where you use the 20/15/10/5 off coupon, and only the highest value disappears from your active offers) sad. My chatty employee today said that they're getting rid of the old operating systems, and every register is going to be replaced with their new ones by next Wednesday. People have reported that the glitch doesn't work on the new registers, and that it's only the old registers that it works with. Might want to take advantage of those coupons now before you can't anymore. While I don't know if every Gamestop will make that switch next week, it definitely seems like you can expect that change to come sooner rather then later.
Yes, that has been reported prior to the new year from those of us that have been using that exploit. I used my last set of coupons back then just in case. I was hoping my main store holds out until 2/13. They still have one POS still under the old system so if that's still around by the time the MM stuff comes out, I'm going to grab a $50, $25 and $15 and use them accordingly.

That closed loophole doesn't bother me as much as that you can't use these coupons on sale items. That one is hard to swallow and makes points a lot less useful even w/o the glitch.

oh, since we're talking GS and I may have missed it somewhere:  I tried to use that mystery B2G1 PO games (exp 2/28, the one that got pulled at some point in Dec?) yesterday and the code showed up as invalid.  My rep called corporate mentioning it's a PUR coupon and corp just issued a new code for my rep to use right there.

So if you somehow saved or printed a copy of that coupon and that it shows up as invalid, you might be able to get your cashier to call corporate to issue a new code for your purchase.

oh, since we're talking GS and I may have missed it somewhere: I tried to use that mystery B2G1 PO games (exp 2/28, the one that got pulled at some point in Dec?) yesterday and the code showed up as invalid. My rep called corporate mentioning it's a PUR coupon and corp just issued a new code for my rep to use right there.

So if you somehow saved or printed a copy of that coupon and that it shows up as invalid, you might be able to get your cashier to call corporate to issue a new code for your purchase.
I did take a screenshot of that coupon hmm...what games did you buy? I can't imagine any games that are worth getting right now though

Just a heads up, they are already using the new registers at some locations. I got to look at a few screens today. It looks like their inventory system is a lot more accurate.

When the MS Store was giving $10 a game for a promo a few weeks ago, I went to multiple GS stores in SoCal and rounded up $0.99 cent games to trade in. Only grabbed complete copies and there were multiple at every store I went to. Some stores even had a specific "under $5" display with lots of complete copies helping to fill out the stand. I can't imagine throwing out cases has become widespread GS policy. We'd have heard about it from the GS employee peeps by now wouldn't we? (although I know there's less of those around the forums these days too)

I have like $500 worth of credit that I need to move to GS or Amazon, it's useless there. I may trade-in my 3DS XL to get the New 3DS XL but there really isn't anything worth buying at GS

I have like 80,000 worth of points, but don't really game anymore. Is it possible for me to use those points to get the "$50 off any purchase" on an Amazon Giftcard? If not what's the best way to convert my GS points to Amazon giftcards?

I was thinking of using those "$50 off any purchase" on buying a game, then trading it in, and using the trade in credit to buy an amazon giftcard. However, I haven't gamed in so long that I don't even know what games to purchase and trade in to get the highest return.

I have like 80,000 worth of points, but don't really game anymore. Is it possible for me to use those points to get the "$50 off any purchase" on an Amazon Giftcard? If not what's the best way to convert my GS points to Amazon giftcards?

I was thinking of using those "$50 off any purchase" on buying a game, then trading it in, and using the trade in credit to buy an amazon giftcard. However, I haven't gamed in so long that I don't even know what games to purchase and trade in to get the highest return.
Use to be able to get pre-paid cards with them but they shut that down like a year ago.

As far as the second option there really aren't any particularly high TIVs right now. You could buy Dying Light ($60) and trade it to BBY for $39 but that's the best value I can quickly find on a title that's $50-60 to use the coupon on. TIVs are just way down right now.

No you can't use coupons on gift cards anymore. The new Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 both have a base of $35, and GTA V has a base of $30, but the other trade in values are pretty bad.

When the MS Store was giving $10 a game for a promo a few weeks ago, I went to multiple GS stores in SoCal and rounded up $0.99 cent games to trade in. Only grabbed complete copies and there were multiple at every store I went to. Some stores even had a specific "under $5" display with lots of complete copies helping to fill out the stand. I can't imagine throwing out cases has become widespread GS policy. We'd have heard about it from the GS employee peeps by now wouldn't we? (although I know there's less of those around the forums these days too)
my local gamestop has absolutely thrown out the cases for every game under $5. went in for the 3 for $10 and there were only about 10 unique games that had the case, all of them above 5 bucks. everything else was in the dreaded yellow envelopes in a box.

Holy shit, just grabbed a used gears 2 steelbook with unused CE codes(golden lancer) AND an unused midnight launch(golden hammerburst) code!

Went to a store last week that's a bit further away and picked up NFS: Underground Rivals, Midnight Club LA Remix, and Burnout Legends for PSP. The PSP games are b2g1 free. I didn't expect to see MC: LA Remix as that game can be hard to find.

I placed 2 separate holds for a PO copy of Dying Light on :ps4:. One yesterday and one today. Both of my emails (confirm & ready) show it as NEW. 

If you return something in-store that you bought online with Trade Credit is it instantly refunded to your card or does it take awhile?
speaking of would it be worth it or even possible to return rebuy mm 3ds for the 12.xx dollars in tax that gs.com takes if your state doesn't charge tax for in-store purchase.

not sure if this would be possible since it was online only

If I were to trade in a 250GB PS3 and 320GB Xbox 360 towards a PS4, would both yield the $125 value or would it be one at $125 and other at base value?

If I were to trade in a 250GB PS3 and 320GB Xbox 360 towards a PS4, would both yield the $125 value or would it be one at $125 and other at base value?
I don't see anything in the fine print as to whether or not you would get $125 for one or both systems. I guess the best way to find out would be to call a store and ask.

Here's the skinny from the trade values page about it:

* LEGAL - PS3/XBOX 360 TRADE TOWARD NEW PS4

Credit must be applied toward the purchase of a new PS4. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 2/9/15 through 3/1/15

Anyone know if I trade in a 3DS to put the $75 towards a N3DS, can I then take that credit and use it for something else instead? Like with game preorders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back