GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmmmm i think i may be able to pull off birthday+10 dollars off. if not i think i'll just go with the 10
Make sure the Bday coupon isn't worth close to $10 on the item.

I usually just ask if they stack, and say "well, if it doesn't stack, it's cool, I'm not gonna use it on anything else anyways."

Remember the Bday is multiple use and you have a birthday every month, and the $10 one is once only.

Picked up some Okami, The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, and Super Mario Galaxy for Wii at Goodwill yesterday. They were $4 each and I them flipped at GS today and got $16 and some change after the $2.00 refurb fee. Used the credit and picked up CoD: Black Ops, Batman: Arkham Asylum and, Batman: Arkham City for PS3. Paid around $6.50 in difference for the games, not too shaby at all.

Just wanting to check but does gamestop take a system that has the serial # missing?  I have a extra dsi i was going to trade in but the serial # is pretty much gone.

Just got denied on price matching Drive Club at BB. Anybody know of a quick BB to GS flip where I can move $15 - $20 of credit? I am sitting on a lot of BB credit and no GS credit.

Even up is ok with me.

Just wanting to check but does gamestop take a system that has the serial # missing? I have a extra dsi i was going to trade in but the serial # is pretty much gone.
YMMV I was able to trade in a flame red 3DS without the serial sticker...it started peeling off from the edges and one day my son just pulled it off. I did include the box, which had another serial number sticker on it though

Hi, sorry for the quick question, but I'm technically a noob at Gamestop.

Can you buy PC download games in store? As in, bring something to trade, and use the credit to buy a game, and get a receipt with the code? I seem to have a game that's worth $7 and would like to use it to buy a downloadable game, but I can't buy it where I am because I'm not in the US. :p

Hi, sorry for the quick question, but I'm technically a noob at Gamestop.

Can you buy PC download games in store? As in, bring something to trade, and use the credit to buy a game, and get a receipt with the code? I seem to have a game that's worth $7 and would like to use it to buy a downloadable game, but I can't buy it where I am because I'm not in the US. :p
Yes you can! You pretty much answered it yourself "bring something to trade, and use the credit to buy a game, and get a receipt with the code" That is how it works. The code will print off on the receipt and you only pay the difference minus the trade credit.

Yes you can! You pretty much answered it yourself "bring something to trade, and use the credit to buy a game, and get a receipt with the code" That is how it works. The code will print off on the receipt and you only pay the difference minus the trade credit.
Cool, thank you. I'd heard this was possible, but couldn't confirm this (I got a lot of hits for related stuff on Google.) Since I'm not a console player, and my local store's PC selection was pretty crappy, I haven't really been in there in a while. (And the last time I did, they wouldn't sell me a PC game because it showed up as being "pennied out", when it wasn't. Blergh.) :p

Cool, thank you. I'd heard this was possible, but couldn't confirm this (I got a lot of hits for related stuff on Google.) Since I'm not a console player, and my local store's PC selection was pretty crappy, I haven't really been in there in a while. (And the last time I did, they wouldn't sell me a PC game because it showed up as being "pennied out", when it wasn't. Blergh.) :p
What was the PC game?

[quote name="Helldweller87" post="12620087" timestamp="1428166542"]Just wanting to check but does gamestop take a system that has the serial # missing? I have a extra dsi i was going to trade in but the serial # is pretty much gone.[/quote]
Those may also have a serial number under the battery so if your given a hard time then show GameStop that one and if necessary peel and place on the outside. With my 3ds I replaced the bottom cover with a Nyko extended battery so the label does not get damaged along with scratches.

[quote name="Helldweller87" post="12620087" timestamp="1428166542"]Just wanting to check but does gamestop take a system that has the serial # missing? I have a extra dsi i was going to trade in but the serial # is pretty much gone.[/quote]
Those may also have a serial number under the battery so if your given a hard time then show GameStop that one and if necessary peel and place on the outside. With my 3ds I replaced the bottom cover with a Nyko extended battery so the label does not get damaged along with scratches.

There was a blonde MILF / trophy wife in front of me holding up the line at Gamestop. She was dumb and loaded with cash and was buying everything the Gamestop guy was recommending. It all started with an used 360 and Kinect for her kid. The guy was like: I have one last new 360 bundle with Kinect for $250. She was like yeah sure. Then he recommended the 250GB hard drive, she agreed. Then he recommended a controller. She was like yeah, I will take it. He then suggested a $30 battery charger because "the AA batteries will not last long". She agreed. Then he recommended Lego games for the kid and she was like sure. Finally, he suggested insurance for the games for $10 and she asked why would she need this."will the games break?" She added. The clerk was like: this will cover the games if your kid scratches them. She complied and added this as well.

Overall she got suckered into so much overpriced shit and bought everything the guy threw at her. The life of a MILF with too much $$$ at GameStop.

Back on topic. Lego Marvel Super Heroes for X1 trades for $11 with PUR. Amazon has the game for $15 and is on sale for $5 on Xbox live.

Thank you, thread.

Or fuck you. I don't know which one to go with.

CBzHxdYUsAAhfKc.jpg

ETA: Don't take the bleep you seriously. :p

There was a blonde MILF / trophy wife in front of me holding up the line at Gamestop. She was dumb and loaded with cash and was buying everything the Gamestop guy was recommending. It all started with an used 360 and Kinect for her kid. The guy was like: I have one last new 360 bundle with Kinect for $250. She was like yeah sure. Then he recommended the 250GB hard drive, she agreed. Then he recommended a controller. She was like yeah, I will take it. He then suggested a $30 battery charger because "the AA batteries will not last long". She agreed. Then he recommended Lego games for the kid and she was like sure. Finally, he suggested insurance for the games for $10 and she asked why would she need this."will the games break?" She added. The clerk was like: this will cover the games if your kid scratches them. She complied and added this as well.

Overall she got suckered into so much overpriced shit and bought everything the guy threw at her. The life of a MILF with too much $$$ at GameStop.
She clearly wants the D

You traded in NBA jam for Duck Dynasty? I'm having trouble following your logic.
Well, I'm a PC player and don't own a 360 (all my consoles are much older than that.) I only had that game because it came in a bundle of stuff I bought. I'd been trying to trade that game for months and nobody wanted it, then I heard about the promo, saw that it had a decent trade-in value, so I figured, why not.

And yes, the game is as bad as you think it is. I can't wait until the stealth sections...

Quick question

If I used my points to redeem for a coupon worth $10

and I used it on a item at GS

and now I want to return the item back

So do I get the coupon back to my account or is it non-refundable

The new PUR Pro coupons are loaded into your offers now.

$50 bonus on xb1 or ps4 console trade in. Exp 4/30
$10 off a new copy of Lego batman 3 exp. 4/19

Lock in the console trade in on the app now or print off a copy of the page with the value in case it's nuked in the morning lol

The new PUR Pro coupons are loaded into your offers now.

$50 bonus on xb1 or ps4 console trade in. Exp 4/30
$10 off a new copy of Lego batman 3 exp. 4/19

Lock in the console trade in on the app now or print off a copy of the page with the value in case it's nuked in the morning lol
I could have sworn they nuked values already. The XB1 was giving $230 of store credit just yesterday.

Really? Last time I looked, PS4 was $230 and XB1 was $175. It was nuked during the 50%, but that's the last time it was lower than what it is now.
I could have mixed it up and saw the $230 for the PS4 yesterday, but I thought I was looking at the X1 since I was looking to trade in the system. Right now, the X1 is giving $175 in store credit before any promo so $225 isn't good enough for me as the market value online and even on craigslist for me is notably higher than $225.

I could have mixed it up and saw the $230 for the PS4 yesterday, but I thought I was looking at the X1 since I was looking to trade in the system. Right now, the X1 is giving $175 in store credit before any promo so $225 isn't good enough for me as the market value online and even on craigslist for me is notably higher than $225.
You must have then. But I agree with you, $225 isn't that good. You might get as much I believe at Best Buy, and that's without a controller trade in.

What is the official policy of swapping/returning a game form the b2g1 sale?
Usually I find that when you want to return only one of a buy one get one free, its either A- all or nothing, or B- you get the difference between the cost of the item and the free item, or nothing if you return the free item.

Also, they don't swap. It counts as a return-rebuy, which counts against the 3 return limit.

I learned all this during the 3 for 10 sale. I tried buying sets of 3 to take to another store and swap out one of the three for one i really wanted when that store didnt have two other games i wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back