GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question about pre owned returns. Sometimes they ask me for ID sometimes they don't I got ID'd for returning 3 games. Now, I'm guessing they track your returns by ID and not by powerup card? I thought that purchasing games without PUR card would be good a way to abuse the 7 day return policy but I guess not if they track you with ID instead
Did they scan or put any info from the ID in the system.

ymmv but there was a PS4 event at a GS I stopped at today, Sony Rep had MLB 15 available to play and was giving out PS4 tote bags, lanyards, and pens.

I haven't done this in a while, but if I wanted to use the Bday coupon and a $10 off used coupon, what comes off first? Does it matter what order you give the cashier the coupons?

Was it confirmed whether the $5 bonus towards MKX is on all games traded in that transaction (as long as they're ps4 or xb1 versions) or just one 1 game? I'm sure it's on all, but I want to ask.

Thanks! cant believe how low ps4 value has dropped ;~;
Not at all surprising when there are pretty regular deals for new systems with $50 gift cards and/or $50 in bundled stuff (PS+, Silver headset, extra games). And GameStop is selling returns for $330. If anything, I'm surprised they're willing to pay so much. Leaves them less than their usual margin. They must be making it up with accessory and pre-owned game sales when they sell the preowned PS4's.

If you live in NYC or Birmingham you can trade in and buy retro consoles starting April 25th.

"The systems and accessories that you will be able to trade-in and purchase include the NES, Super NES, SEGA Genesis, PlayStation, N64, and SEGA Dreamcast"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/15/gamestop-to-offer-classic-consoles-and-games
I'll give gamestop credit they are willing to adapt considering games will soon be digital only. Personally, I prefer physical games, but once Sony and Microsoft (and probably Nintendo) decide it's digital only, it will be digital only. People will still buy games if they want to play games.

The only issue they will have is I don't believe the demand is there for retro systems and games like it is for new games. I know in my area the people who want retro games is probably a couple hundred as opposed to the people that buy new games which is in the thousands or more. In addition to that, the shelf space and storage space that these games take up is huge. I just don't see it working that well, but I guess that's why they are only rolling it out in a couple markets. Good for them for testing the waters on it.

Is it possible to cancel an order I placed on the in-store kiosk? I'm wondering if a knowledgeable Gamestop employee know how to do it in the store if I give them the order number or will I need to go through the 30 to 40 minute phone ordeal that is known as Gamestop Customer Service department? Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I paid with trade credit on my PUR membership card.

Is it possible to cancel an order I placed on the in-store kiosk? I'm wondering if a knowledgeable Gamestop employee know how to do it in the store if I give them the order number or will I need to go through the 30 to 40 minute phone ordeal that is known as Gamestop Customer Service department? Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I paid with trade credit on my PUR membership card.
Never heard of a Kiosk......inside Gamestop?

Never heard of a Kiosk......inside Gamestop?
Yep. It was very easy to place an order. It's nice because they don't charge shipping from the kiosk. But the order isn't anywhere in my account to cancel. I'll find out this weekend and hope I run into a knowledgable employee. I would assume it would be easy to refund because I paid with Gamestop credit, but who knows.

I see they now take in PS2 systems. 

Has anyone traded in a PS2 recently. At this point in time most PS2s that I come across have some type of issue with reading one of more of the formats (CD,DVD or Dual layer DVD discs)  Do they test for all 3 formats? 

Has anyone traded in a PS2 recently. At this point in time most PS2s that I come across have some type of issue with reading one of more of the formats (CD,DVD or Dual layer DVD discs) Do they test for all 3 formats?
They don't care if it works or not. Seriously.

Has anyone traded in a PS2 recently. At this point in time most PS2s that I come across have some type of issue with reading one of more of the formats (CD,DVD or Dual layer DVD discs) Do they test for all 3 formats?
I traded mine in a week or so ago. They didn't check it all. One of the girls working there was about check it and the guy reminded her that they didn't need to check PS2s.

Thanks for the coupon, I need to hit up Gamestop today / tmrw.  In fact, I decided since the promo is coming to an end, maybe I'd just play "Coupon Wizard to the randoms" and just drop these throughout their Used Game selections for whoever comes across them to use.  I wonder if people will tell the clerk they found it mixed among the games or if they'll be afraid to use it or something.   Oh well, just trying to help and was printing them anyway.  Here's a quick sheet you can print out if you want to play along in your city! 

Backstory - I used to work at a CD store (when they existed) and you'd get nutjobs dropping religious pamphlets in like the metal and rap sections.   That was my inspiration, but I figured I'd help people save money instead of telling them they're going to hell for how they live their life!

[attachment=13848:20150417_041601-1.jpg]

[attachment=13849:Gamestop20BdayCouponShare.jpg]

^Are you trying to get the coupon killed off a month earlier? :lol:
lol ok good point ... OK, I will NOT distribute these if you guys can tell me good flips from Gamestop to Best Buy or Amazon that I can use them to buy for myself instead...

just kidding, but I wouldn't hate if anyone had some flips to share LOL

lol ok good point ... OK, I will NOT distribute these if you guys can tell me good flips from Gamestop to Best Buy or Amazon that I can use them to buy for myself instead...

just kidding, but I wouldn't hate if anyone had some flips to share LOL

Why do you seem like one of those nutjobs

Just a heads up for PUR members. Check active offers for a coupon for $10 off Lego Batman 3.I think it expires 4/19. Excludes Vita and 3DS. Not a huge deal but I've been waiting for a $20 copy for PS3. I would get it for PS4 but I haven't got a second controller yet, and co-op is why I like the Lego games. Doesn't seem like a big difference in quality between PS3 and PS4 either.

Will the employees be skeptical of these print outs? Lately the gamestops I have been to, the employees aren't as willing in accepting just the code anymore........

received 2 bday coupon, one on my active offers which is one time use only and one via email (same code posted here)

Are the $25/$15 whatever off coupons worth using the Reward Points on? Are there other limited time coupons that come along thats worth saving up Reward Points for?

Are the $25/$15 whatever off coupons worth using the Reward Points on? Are there other limited time coupons that come along thats worth saving up Reward Points for?
There used to be Steal of the Week coupons, but that looks like yet another thing Gamestop killed off.

Test markets are always NYC and some backwater place like Birmingham (yes I know it's the largest city in Alabama but it's still a small city).

I hope it fails. We don't need to give Gamestop any more help surviving. Since they're probably effectively getting rid of the birthday coupon exploit, I hope Gamestop goes under as soon as possible. This is a desperate move in order to get more inventory and sales since consoles are trying to convert to an all-digital market and Gamestop knows what that means for it.

I hope it fails. We don't need to give Gamestop any more help surviving. Since they're probably effectively getting rid of the birthday coupon exploit, I hope Gamestop goes under as soon as possible. This is a desperate move in order to get more inventory and sales since consoles are trying to convert to an all-digital market and Gamestop knows what that means for it.
They are?

Yea now that the b-day coupon is on it's last breathe, I won't really be buying anything from them unless its to to move credit somewhere else. Or for a having to preorder a game from them, looking at you One Piece: PW3 due the exclusive bonus.

Anyways I am in the market where GS is testing the retro game buyback, decided to ask the clerk if he knew how to find the value of these items, since I have a whole box of carts that was found by the dumpster some months ago after a family moved out.

Clerk said no idea, figures and they had flyers posted all over the store.

Bunch of lame idiots

Yea now that the b-day coupon is on it's last breathe, I won't really be buying anything from them unless its to to move credit somewhere else. Or for a having to preorder a game from them, looking at you One Piece: PW3 due the exclusive bonus.
we all know , it was bound to happen, with how the coupons were exploited. that is what happens, when people can't exercise self restraint, but i guess that is human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back