GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from my store. New policy is already being enforced

Amazon/Kindle, Shell/BP Gas, Vanilla Visa, Apple iTunes were the only cards excluded on the list
So Google Play and every other gaming card can still be bought.

Looks like you can still buy ebay cards with trade credit.

A couple things to note. The POS will allow the transaction to go through on any Gift/POSA card from what I was told. So if you get a clueless employee who doesn't care or know of the new policy then you can get whatever you want.

Exclusions seem to vary by store/district. My store wasn't too sure on what should be excluded and only hand a handwritten list of what the manager wrote down from a recent conference call.

If you're looking to cash out, the best time to do it is now! eBay cards seem to be the best bet since it isn't excluded (at least at my store) and you can purchase many other gift cards with it. Gaming/Food POSA cards were not excluded either.

Hopefully others can report back on how their stores are handling the new policy.

A couple things to note. The POS will allow the transaction to go through on any Gift/POSA card from what I was told. So if you get a clueless employee who doesn't care or know of the new policy then you can get whatever you want.
...including Visas (if we can find them)?

Sitting on a little over $100 left from the big trade promo this summer. Question is whether to cash it out for eBay gift card to buy BB gift card or see if something is worth flipping to BB this weekend with the 50% trade in bonus and possibly make a little more. Opinions?

I don't think I've seen any eBay cards here in Phoenix so I'm guessing it is indeed YMMV.

It just hit me........Do any of you buy games to collect/keep from GS? :rofl:
Didn't I ask if I could stack a PUR coupon with the Helldivers thing? I want that for me.

I buy only buy cheapo stuff (like $5 or less) that you can't get elsewhere easily/reasonably and during the $5 Kong fests (and then it's mostly toys and junk).

...including Visas (if we can find them)?
Probably. I wasn't even aware they sold them until I saw it on the exclusion list.

Sitting on a little over $100 left from the big trade promo this summer. Question is whether to cash it out for eBay gift card to buy BB gift card or see if something is worth flipping to BB this weekend with the 50% trade in bonus and possibly make a little more. Opinions?
I would just hold out. Anything $100 or under you can just save for future deals (Black Friday coming up)

If you have $200+, I would definitely cash out now.

I forgot to mention: the formerly exclusive NASCAR 15 is now available at other retailers besides GS.

Saw it for PS3 and 360 at Target the other day.

Man, gamestop seems to be cockblocking a lot lately.

no more birthday coupon

Crappy sales

very few trade in promos

now you can't even use YOUR trade in credit to buy gift cards

its a good thing I abused them over the past few years.  Got my money's worth.

Didn't I ask if I could stack a PUR coupon with the Helldivers thing? I want that for me.

I buy only buy cheapo stuff (like $5 or less) that you can't get elsewhere easily/reasonably and during the $5 Kong fests (and then it's mostly toys and junk).
Haha, and yes as Hubert mentioned, you can stack a PUR coupon with the Helldivers coupon. Just don't do more than three.

I wonder if this will mean no more trade bumps or Kong coupons either...hmm...considering all the em....activity we put on their ledgers...I have a sneaking suspicion that there won't be any more.

A few questions about these eBay GCs:

1. Is there a fee to activate them?
  2. Are they just cards with codes to increase your PayPal balance?

1. Nope.

2. No, you enter the code at eBay checkout in the Promotional Code box. You'll still have to confirm your address via Paypal, but your balance there is untouched.

1) No

2) On the ebay checkout page you put the gift card number in the redemption box. You have to have a US PayPal account to use them. When you buy them it can take a few hours to activate, so it's not instant.

[attachment=17891:Capture150.PNG]

1. Nope, unless you consider the 3-4 hours to activate the code as a fee.

2. Nope, they work as promo codes to an order...at least that's how it works on my account.

Ninja'd by Hubert, AND Vig. Yoinks.

Bought a $25 BB GC with my eBay GC from GS not too long ago

0TzReP7.png

I was able to purchases amazon gc today with no problems. I asked them first to make sure if it was still okay and they said credit is good as cash. I will have to go back and get more gc in case it become standard policy worldwide.

the eBay GS are from $20-500, I bought a $400 one today and it took about 2 hours to activate.  Theres no way to tell its active unless you keep trying on ebay's site to get the balance, it'll report a bad card if its not active yet.

Until end of day today (10/22) eBay is offering 5x ebay bucks on GC purchases for most accounts (go into your ebay account, messages, and it should be in there).  

I bought $400 of Best Buy GCs and it netted me $40 in ebay bucks.  It takes a few hours (up to 24) for ebay to deliver the best buy GCs.

Regarding this:

Until end of day today (10/22) eBay is offering 5x ebay bucks on GC purchases for most accounts (go into your ebay account, messages, and it should be in there).
remember to go to your inbox and activate the offer before you use your GC.

Haha, and yes as Hubert mentioned, you can stack a PUR coupon with the Helldivers coupon. Just don't do more than three.

I wonder if this will mean no more trade bumps or Kong coupons either...hmm...considering all the em....activity we put on their ledgers...I have a sneaking suspicion that there won't be any more.
Got a $10 PUR coupon and the register wouldn't stack them. It was someone I actually knew from outside GS so they weren't just shitting me. Just used it on an Eevee plush for the kid instead. Those two things plus a $50 Amazon card and a couple random trades cashed me out with 61 cents OOP.

Got a $10 PUR coupon and the register wouldn't stack them. It was someone I actually knew from outside GS so they weren't just shitting me. Just used it on an Eevee plush for the kid instead. Those two things plus a $50 Amazon card and a couple random trades cashed me out with 61 cents OOP.
My bad, sorry.

At least the kid got something

The last Gamestop I went to smell really bad. It hit me right in the face as I opened the door. I thought it was just the rain outside but when I got to the back of the store where the GC are located at, I realized that the whole store just reek. Employee were nice and I plan to leave them a positive survey but will they get in trouble if I mentioned that the store just stunk?

The last Gamestop I went to smell really bad. It hit me right in the face as I opened the door. I thought it was just the rain outside but when I got to the back of the store where the GC are located at, I realized that the whole store just reek. Employee were nice and I plan to leave them a positive survey but will they get in trouble if I mentioned that the store just stunk?
You're going to need to identify the smelly employee by name though.

Sounds like the ghetto stores around here.

Does anyone know if the current deal to trade a PS3/360 towards a PS4/X1 for $100 works for preorders? I'd like to get the Star Wars console rather than a current bundle.

There's a store here that's next to a Korean nail salon or something similar. Doesn't smell outside but inside it's overwhelming and you can smell the chemicals through the wall. Fortunately Iu don't like that store at all and only go there reluctantly when it's the only location to have something.

I went to 4 gamestops around me and bought another $1500 of ebay GCs, just in case all stores stop allowing GC purchases with trade credit.  Especially since you can get back essentially 10% today with eBay bucks, can't beat that deal and way better than visa GCs.  There is a max of $5k in ebay GCs you can buy (a day? a month?) with verified paypal account, but hopefully no one is close to that.  The only bummer is that none of these GCs will count towards Elite+ status.

Still got another $900 in trade credit from summer flipapalooza, but thats a pretty good amount to hoard at gamestop.  

So yeah back to buying all my games at best buy now, woo hoo!

I went to 4 gamestops around me and bought another $1500 of ebay GCs, just in case all stores stop allowing GC purchases with trade credit. Especially since you can get back essentially 10% today with eBay bucks, can't beat that deal and way better than visa GCs. There is a max of $5k in ebay GCs you can buy (a day? a month?) with verified paypal account, but hopefully no one is close to that. The only bummer is that none of these GCs will count towards Elite+ status.

Still got another $900 in trade credit from summer flipapalooza, but thats a pretty good amount to hoard at gamestop.

Im going this weekend to trade in my old XBOX ONE console will be getting 200 bucks in Credit for it..in case best buy has a better black friday xbox one deal, does gamestop sell best buy gift cards or should I just hope that gamestop has a really really good black friday deal

Im going this weekend to trade in my old XBOX ONE console will be getting 200 bucks in Credit for it..in case best buy has a better black friday xbox one deal, does gamestop sell best buy gift cards or should I just hope that gamestop has a really really good black friday deal
I'm pretty sure you can do Gamestop Credit --> ebay gc --> BB GC

<yellow_font>

Yep GS sells Best Buy GCs, in fact Best Buy folks recommend buying them at GS.

</yellow_font>
Great that is what I will do..if I see that best buy has a better black friday deal I will just buy gift cards from gamestop(I assume these can only be bought in store) then I will buy the XBOX ONE from Best Buy

I went to 4 gamestops around me and bought another $1500 of ebay GCs, just in case all stores stop allowing GC purchases with trade credit. Especially since you can get back essentially 10% today with eBay bucks, can't beat that deal and way better than visa GCs. There is a max of $5k in ebay GCs you can buy (a day? a month?) with verified paypal account, but hopefully no one is close to that. The only bummer is that none of these GCs will count towards Elite+ status.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back