GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really tempting to get a new XB1 and maybe a new PS4. Maybe I can use that GS credit to get eBay credit and then end up with BB credit for a Forza bundle and an Uncharted bundle. Hmm...

This is really tempting to get a new XB1 and maybe a new PS4. Maybe I can use that GS credit to get eBay credit and then end up with BB credit for a Forza bundle and an Uncharted bundle. Hmm...
giphy.gif

I didn't even think of that. Now hopefully my GS still allows GC purchases with credit...

Negatory. They told me they would do it for smaller items, but not for consoles. And it figures that the Best Buy down the road has the Forza in stock too. Ugh, I refuse to drive 4 hours round trip for this console...
Oh really...here is some research you should do before you make that decision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GvdQlxOvQ

Trading list says Xbox one and PS4 are $250, so can I just trade it in without buying an Xbox One? I hate the hassle of buying and returning because they are starting to get strict about promotional credit.

I already have the Forza Xbox One and so worth paying extra for. The system is pretty sexy looking. 

Trading list says Xbox one and PS4 are $250, so can I just trade it in without buying an Xbox One? I hate the hassle of buying and returning because they are starting to get strict about promotional credit.

I already have the Forza Xbox One and so worth paying extra for. The system is pretty sexy looking.
Shouldn't have to buy anything as the trade in value is 250 outright.

I know this came up with the coupons for earlier in the month, but has anyone had any luck stacking PUR $off w/ the $40 Until Dawn one?

gamestop issued me a 10 code once when A WIS order took 4 months to arrive and the code never even worked tried like 5 times on different things
Same here. I got a $20 code for a mess up a while back and couldn't get it to work on anything at all.
same here. I emailed them and they replied with a new code. I want to say there was still some kind of restriction on it, but I can't remember what that was.

$250 for my launch X1 seems like a good deal, especially if I don't need to buy another one and can wait to see what deals show up for BF.

Well, my local GS carries eBay cards and still allows trade credit to be used on them.  Looks like I'm going to be running out first thing in the morning to trade in my Day One plus a few other things for some eBay creds.  Is there a particular BBY card on eBay that I should be looking for?

Negatory. They told me they would do it for smaller items, but not for consoles. And it figures that the Best Buy down the road has the Forza in stock too. Ugh, I refuse to drive 4 hours round trip for this console...
I would talk to another store or a different employee/manager to get them to check because they definitely can request a system to be store transferred as long as there is another store in their district that has it. I know this because I literally just had one of the Fargo, ND stores get this Forza 6 System Bundle for me last week from a store that was in their district and had several of them on hand. I know they even had at least 2 of the systems transferred so they could sell them (which they did within a couple of days) and that they came from over 100 miles away. The distance is not important, only whether another store in the same district has it. They were nice enough to take my name and number and call me when they got it in. I initially called them to inquire about the store transfer on Wed 10/21 and after a short wait on the phone they told me they could have it transferred and were expecting to get it in on Monday 10/26. They actually got it in early on Friday 10/23 and called me that afternoon.

Interesting that GS is offering $30 guaranteed TIV for a $40 game (LoZ:  Triforce Heroes) with all the $60 games (AC Syndicate & Halo 5).

NIntendo first party games hold their value for a long-time unless the game just totally tanks like Code Name Steam or something.
True, but that's like a razor thin margin for them to make money on the game, or at least thinner than I would think the normal used new release would offer.

god i wish gamestop do 50 prcent trade in bonus,we have holidays comeing up.

i been holding onto games,they keep going up n down in value.

second i get rid them theyll do massive promo,trust me it has happened.

Everytime i got tired waiting.

Wow when did they dropped the value on the ps2 i thought they were worth 15 bucks now they value is 5 bucks,i got a couple from the local thrift shop guess ill keep them.

True, but that's like a razor thin margin for them to make money on the game, or at least thinner than I would think the normal used new release would offer.
Thinner yes, but definitely not razor thin. They probably do this to increase foot traffic. It's possible that somebody that purchases a used Nintendo game will likely be interested in other collectibles that they wouldn't mind paying a premium for.

What a fuck ing pain in the ass today has been. Screw you guys for pushing me to try to get a Forza console.

I set out at lunchtime to trade in my Day One Xbox, my broken 250GB PS3 Super Slim and a few other games.  

Gamestop #1: I managed to trade in the games.  They tested the PS3 and were okay with it and confirmed the bonus (and a meager $16 refurb fee).  But when they went to test the Xbox One, no video was coming up.  The fuck ing thing was working this morning, so I know it's fine.  This store has an old TV with an HDMI -> RCA adapter, which ended up being the problem.  However, they couldn't get it to work in-store, so I had to pass on trading that (and consequently the PS3 as I didn't want to pay anything out of pocket.  The guys were cool, and I know it was out of their hands that they were provided with crap equipment.

I ran home and verified that my Xbox One did indeed work and headed off to a different GS.

Gamestop #2:  This is a small store that was manned by a single person.  It was empty at the time, so I figured I would be in and out in a few minutes.  Nope.  The Xbox tested fine, but he had to do the formatting BS, and in the meantime it had gotten busy so he helped some other customers while we waited.   fuck me, he was so fucking slow and tried upselling everyone at every turn and I'm pretty sure he forgot I was even there.  And then came the testing of the PS3... the problems of which I already told him about he still managed to nitpick and then came an impasse.  

The slider door on the ps3 got stuck halfway when he pressed the button and he didn't know if that was major physical damage or something minor.  He got out the fuck ing employee handbook to look for an answerand when that didn't give him the answer, he went to the online employee help guide.  And when that didn't help, he called no less than three different stores, saying after he got off the phone with one that he didn't trust them and wanted to call another store for a second opinion.  Three or more opinions later(I lost count), I said " fuck it, just do the trade on the Xbox."  I got the trade credit, grabbed my PS3 and left to go back to the first store.

Back at Gamestop #1, they had me in and out in less than five minutes since they had already checked it out and knew what was wrong and didn't need help (both with their job and psychologically).  I was ranting about the other guy and they were both laughing, one guy used to work at that store, so he knew exactly what kind of pain in the ass he was.

So now, I have my stuff traded in, and have credit plus a GOW Xbox One bundle that I now need to return to a third Gamestop, which is the only one around here with eBay cards.  I have a pounding headache and I am about done for today.  I can't take anymore Gamestop douche bag shenanigans today.

What a fuck ing pain in the ass today has been. Screw you guys for pushing me to try to get a Forza console.

I set out at lunchtime to trade in my Day One Xbox, my broken 250GB PS3 Super Slim and a few other games.

Gamestop #1: I managed to trade in the games. They tested the PS3 and were okay with it and confirmed the bonus (and a meager $16 refurb fee). But when they went to test the Xbox One, no video was coming up. The fuck ing thing was working this morning, so I know it's fine. This store has an old TV with an HDMI -> RCA adapter, which ended up being the problem. However, they couldn't get it to work in-store, so I had to pass on trading that (and consequently the PS3 as I didn't want to pay anything out of pocket. The guys were cool, and I know it was out of their hands that they were provided with crap equipment.

I ran home and verified that my Xbox One did indeed work and headed off to a different GS.

Gamestop #2: This is a small store that was manned by a single person. It was empty at the time, so I figured I would be in and out in a few minutes. Nope. The Xbox tested fine, but he had to do the formatting BS, and in the meantime it had gotten busy so he helped some other customers while we waited. fuck me, he was so fucking slow and tried upselling everyone at every turn and I'm pretty sure he forgot I was even there. And then came the testing of the PS3... the problems of which I already told him about he still managed to nitpick and then came an impasse.

The slider door on the ps3 got stuck halfway when he pressed the button and he didn't know if that was major physical damage or something minor. He got out the fuck ing employee handbook to look for an answerand when that didn't give him the answer, he went to the online employee help guide. And when that didn't help, he called no less than three different stores, saying after he got off the phone with one that he didn't trust them and wanted to call another store for a second opinion. Three or more opinions later(I lost count), I said " fuck it, just do the trade on the Xbox." I got the trade credit, grabbed my PS3 and left to go back to the first store.

Back at Gamestop #1, they had me in and out in less than five minutes since they had already checked it out and knew what was wrong and didn't need help (both with their job and psychologically). I was ranting about the other guy and they were both laughing, one guy used to work at that store, so he knew exactly what kind of pain in the ass he was.

So now, I have my stuff traded in, and have credit plus a GOW Xbox One bundle that I now need to return to a third Gamestop, which is the only one around here with eBay cards. I have a pounding headache and I am about done for today. I can't take anymore Gamestop douche bag shenanigans today.
This is my life with gamestop at least I know that I am not the only one!

I have a question seeing the one store I was able to call on break seemed clueless... The trade in bonus towards Halo 5.. is that just $10 extra tacked on the the total trade balance or is it an additional $10 added to each game traded towards Halo 5 with the exception of value under $2 ???   

Thanks

Gamestop #1: I managed to trade in the games. They tested the PS3 and were okay with it and confirmed the bonus (and a meager $16 refurb fee). But when they went to test the Xbox One, no video was coming up. The fuck ing thing was working this morning, so I know it's fine. This store has an old TV with an HDMI -> RCA adapter, which ended up being the problem. However, they couldn't get it to work in-store, so I had to pass on trading that (and consequently the PS3 as I didn't want to pay anything out of pocket. The guys were cool, and I know it was out of their hands that they were provided with crap equipment.

Gamestop #2: This is a small store that was manned by a single person. It was empty at the time, so I figured I would be in and out in a few minutes. Nope. The Xbox tested fine, but he had to do the formatting BS, and in the meantime it had gotten busy so he helped some other customers while we waited. fuck me, he was so fucking slow and tried upselling everyone at every turn and I'm pretty sure he forgot I was even there. And then came the testing of the PS3... the problems of which I already told him about he still managed to nitpick and then came an impasse.

The slider door on the ps3 got stuck halfway when he pressed the button and he didn't know if that was major physical damage or something minor. He got out the fuck ing employee handbook to look for an answerand when that didn't give him the answer, he went to the online employee help guide. And when that didn't help, he called no less than three different stores, saying after he got off the phone with one that he didn't trust them and wanted to call another store for a second opinion. Three or more opinions later(I lost count), I said " fuck it, just do the trade on the Xbox." I got the trade credit, grabbed my PS3 and left to go back to the first store.

Back at Gamestop #1, they had me in and out in less than five minutes since they had already checked it out and knew what was wrong and didn't need help (both with their job and psychologically). I was ranting about the other guy and they were both laughing, one guy used to work at that store, so he knew exactly what kind of pain in the ass he was.

So now, I have my stuff traded in, and have credit plus a GOW Xbox One bundle that I now need to return to a third Gamestop, which is the only one around here with eBay cards. I have a pounding headache and I am about done for today. I can't take anymore Gamestop douche bag shenanigans today.
OMG, too much wordings. Two things:

1. Didn't read, but saw some Shaq-Fu's in there and it needs moar!
  2. Why do you want the Forza bundle? That thing is sh!t anyway.

I have a question seeing the one store I was able to call on break seemed clueless... The trade in bonus towards Halo 5.. is that just $10 extra tacked on the the total trade balance or is it an additional $10 added to each game traded towards Halo 5 with the exception of value under $2 ???

Thanks
You only get the bonus on one game per purchased copy of Halo 5. I plan on testing this by getting a second copy of the game and trading in a second $2+ TIV :xb1: game. But either way, you only get the bonus TIV tacked on to one game per purchase.

You only get the bonus on one game per purchased copy of Halo 5. I plan on testing this by getting a second copy of the game and trading in a second $2+ TIV :xb1: game. But either way, you only get the bonus TIV tacked on to one game per purchase.
P3kRr.gif

Edit: Since spooge is going to come back with "You a very very bad man"...

I saw you guys say that the X1 has a base of 250 at the moment and does not need to be paired with another X1 purchase but everywhere on the website makes it seem like it is dependent on that purchase to activate the promo TIV price. Do we have confirmation that you can just go in with an X1 and get $250 credit?

Also then, how much do they take off for refurb fees or whatever if I do not provide them with a controller?

Another quick question, I see talk of eBay cards and the use of trade credit. Do some stores not allow trade credit to be used on eBay cards? And do not all stores carry them in the first place? I would love to trade in my X1 and get the 250, buy eBay credit and then turn that credit into Best Buy credit where I then can pick up the new Elite bundle with a movers coupon...

*edit*

Just checked the $50 and $25 kindle cards and there are none anywhere in IN apparently.. They have them in IL and OH but literally none in IN. Is there some law as to why there are none here?

I saw you guys say that the X1 has a base of 250 at the moment and does not need to be paired with another X1 purchase but everywhere on the website makes it seem like it is dependent on that purchase to activate the promo TIV price. Do we have confirmation that you can just go in with an X1 and get $250 credit?

Also then, how much do they take off for refurb fees or whatever if I do not provide them with a controller?

Another quick question, I see talk of eBay cards and the use of trade credit. Do some stores not allow trade credit to be used on eBay cards? And do not all stores carry them in the first place? I would love to trade in my X1 and get the 250, buy eBay credit and then turn that credit into Best Buy credit where I then can pick up the new Elite bundle with a movers coupon...
I just got an eBay card with my trade credit; and, in turn bought a best buy GC on eBay. So, yes you can do it. Having said that, there are some store that are doing away with the POSA cards, ebay GC being one of them. It is not system wide yet, so it really depends on what GS you go to.

Side note: Avoid the GS that spooge went to (see above posts)

1407225932091_wps_6_SANTA_MONICA_CA_AUGUST_04.jpg

Yes, just trade in the Xbox One and you'll get $250. No need to buy anything.

Since it's worded that way, possibly YMMV. But I just bought a new overpriced fayncy console so maybe they'll cut me some slack when I go to trade in my old one.

309x260_TSMN_250Credit_Halo3.jpg
All of your logic and self-answered questions in the last paragraph are correct, except for using a mover's coupon on the Elite console. Those coupons don't work on consoles anymore.

Since it's worded that way, possibly YMMV. But I just bought a new overpriced fayncy console so maybe they'll cut me some slack when I go to trade in my old one.

309x260_TSMN_250Credit_Halo3.jpg
All of your logic and self-answered questions in the last paragraph are correct, except for using a mover's coupon on the Elite console. Those coupons don't work on consoles anymore.
Like I edited my first post, I don't think IN carries the kindle cards anywhere according to the internet.

And when did the Mover's Coupon change to not include systems? I got my PS4 just last year with one.. : (

Like I edited my first post, I don't think IN carries the kindle cards anywhere according to the internet.

And when did the Mover's Coupon change to not include systems? I got my PS4 just last year with one.. : (
Not sure when it changed (a lot can happen in a year), but there's drama splashed all over the place in certain threads about it.

The kindle cards dont always show on their website, but 99% sure you will still find them in stores. The thing to worry about is if they will let you buy them with your credit.

Didn't realize the Elite Bundle was GS and MS timed exclusive. Crap.

I really want that damn Elite Controller and by trading in the X1 it is like I am just spending $100 then to upgrade to the 1tb newer system and refresh my warranty (day one purchase).

What is the deduction of trading in an X1 without a Controller?

Didn't realize the Elite Bundle was GS and MS timed exclusive. Crap.

I really want that damn Elite Controller and by trading in the X1 it is like I am just spending $100 then to upgrade to the 1tb newer system and refresh my warranty (day one purchase).

What is the deduction of trading in an X1 without a Controller?
They are going to make you buy a used one to trade it in at Gamestop.

If you are missing any piece to the system you will have to buy that piece in store. The price of the item will be taken off the trade in total.

If you find the missing part later you can bring that back and return it.

Hold on, someone will call the store for you and ask.
Just keep refreshing the thread until they reply.
Hilarious, glad to see we consistently get so many new lovely people to this website.

They are going to make you buy a used one to trade it in at Gamestop.
If you are missing any piece to the system you will have to buy that piece in store. The price of the item will be taken off the trade in total.

If you find the missing part later you can bring that back and return it.
Thank you guys for the info.

Yikes, I did a quick check on the price of used controllers and they are $55. Crap, that kind of kills the deal : /

I see they have these crappy ones: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-wired-controller/121308 and I assume those would still count?

I guess I should check CL or something for a beat up old controller! Any other suggestions on where to get a cheap one?

It sounds like you had a three hour lunch.

So, question...

One the site, it says $250 if you trade towards a new Xbox One. However, the TiV on the site is generally set to $250, doesn't mention having to buy a console. So, didn't see this asked/answered yet, does anyone know what GS does in these situations? Do they charge some kind of weird fee for not getting the console? If you can get the $250 without buying the console, I'll do it, re-up my PURP, and use the B2G1 to flip credit to Best Buy and get the console for even less.

Yes, just trade in the Xbox One and you'll get $250. No need to buy anything.
So, question...

One the site, it says $250 if you trade towards a new Xbox One. However, the TiV on the site is generally set to $250, doesn't mention having to buy a console. So, didn't see this asked/answered yet, does anyone know what GS does in these situations? Do they charge some kind of weird fee for not getting the console? If you can get the $250 without buying the console, I'll do it, re-up my PURP, and use the B2G1 to flip credit to Best Buy and get the console for even less.
I just asked the same question a page back, answer is above.

It sounds like you had a three hour lunch.
I work from home, one kid was at school and the other was at her grandparents.

And my day just gets fuck ing better. I went over to the third Gamestop to return the Xbox One so I could get eBay credit and wouldn't you believe it - they cannot process the refund. :wall: They suggest I go over to the first store and have them do it.

So, I headed over to store #1 and explain to the guy (one who was working there earlier). He said no problem and started to do the return. And in the same fashion as my day has gone, he can't do the fuck ing return either. What. The. fuck. Is. Going. On???? He told me to come back up tomorrow when the manager is working and he should be able to take care of it.

I quit. I fuck ing quit. I'm going to bed.

I just asked the same question a page back, answer is above.
Well, then I'm an ignoramus who can't process words. Thanks for the reply, gangster as hell. I've gotta find a time to do this trade now, Kind of debating going golfing right after work tomorrow, before the clock change makes it get dark too late to play after work for, like, 5 months.

I work from home, one kid was at school and the other was at her grandparents.

And my day just gets fuck ing better. I went over to the third Gamestop to return the Xbox One so I could get eBay credit and wouldn't you believe it - they cannot process the refund. :wall: They suggest I go over to the first store and have them do it.

So, I headed over to store #1 and explain to the guy (one who was working there earlier). He said no problem and started to do the return. And in the same fashion as my day has gone, he can't do the fuck ing return either. What. The. fuck. Is. Going. On???? He told me to come back up tomorrow when the manager is working and he should be able to take care of it.

I quit. I fuck ing quit. I'm going to bed.
6738b790352e62094c2acd52a481e96355de572c306b4c3fead679b25040e29d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back