GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
MM legacy with gold amiibo is limited. 4 per store on average. There is no limit on the Twilight Princess bundle from what ive seen. Also yes im sure its 22-23 and 24th seems to require a coupon.

Does anyone know when the Xbox One and PS4 trade in promo ends?  For some reason, I'm blind and cant' find it on the site.  I thought I read the 17th.  I called and the guy said the 21st, but his voice didn't sound so sure lol.  So just wondering if anyone can confirm.  TIA.

Does anyone know when the Xbox One and PS4 trade in promo ends? For some reason, I'm blind and cant' find it on the site. I thought I read the 17th. I called and the guy said the 21st, but his voice didn't sound so sure lol. So just wondering if anyone can confirm. TIA.
I thought it was tomorrow the 15th. Their promotions usually end on a Sunday. And I think their new one, an extra $50 trade in for an X1 or PS4 starts Monday the 16th. But this is off the top of my head.

Been doing some thinking and not even sure if it is worth trading in my xbox one to get a new one like I originally wanted (unless I wanted to spend the extra to get an elite, or just a 1 tb system). Just got my refurbished unit in yesterday, and it came with warranty that will last until the summer (and a 1 month xbox live card). The extra games just don't seem to make it much of an incentive to me if some of them may be GwG in the future or just become cheap to buy (especially some being cheap on Black Friday like Gears of War Ultimate).

Does anybody know how much will they reduce my trade in value for an XBOX One with the disk loading problem if I'm upfront about it with them? It works normally as long as you hold the disk a bit when you insert it into the loading slot. If you don't do that the system will not recognize the disk. I really want to trade it for the Halo edition or even just a 1TB one that doesn't have the loading issue...

Does anybody know how much will they reduce my trade in value for an XBOX One with the disk loading problem if I'm upfront about it with them? It works normally as long as you hold the disk a bit when you insert it into the loading slot. If you don't do that the system will not recognize the disk. I really want to trade it for the Halo edition or even just a 1TB one that doesn't have the loading issue...
Not sure if it varies but I was told it was $50 for the defect fee for my wireless controllers not syncing ($250->$200). I wouldn't volunteer the information unless they say something about it, you don't have to do a trade in if it isn't what you are expecting to get. Being too honest in life hasn't paid off for me (though I am honest with things too much, and see dishonest people getting further along in life).

Any of the stores (GS or BB) still doing that "get a free controller and game(s)" promo or is that over? Tired of having a full HDD on my Day1 edition (and don't want to do an external)

50 Bones. If they don't test it and don't find it, that is on them though. Factory reset it and cross your fingers. It could have broken after you traded it in. PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY.

Not sure if it varies but I was told it was $50 for the defect fee for my wireless controllers not syncing ($250->$200). I wouldn't volunteer the information unless they say something about it, you don't have to do a trade in if it isn't what you are expecting to get. Being too honest in life hasn't paid off for me (though I am honest with things too much, and see dishonest people getting further along in life).
50 Bones. If they don't test it and find it, that is on them though. Factory reset it and cross your fingers. It could have broken after you traded it in. PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY.
Thanks guys, for $50 I'll just be sincere about it and not be stressing that they'll call me out on trying to trick them. Plus I would feel bad for whoever buys it. I'm also going to trade my Xbox 360 for $100. Now I just have to decide if I want the Halo Edition (I would also trade my physical disk of halo for $30) or the regular 1TB console (maybe the Tomb raider one unless there is a better deal right now other than those bundles)

Don't factory reset it before bringing it in, that just makes the process take longer. Make them factory reset it when finished.

Don't factory reset it before bringing it in, that just makes the process take longer. Make them factory reset it when finished.
Good to know! I was just about to copy my downloaded games to an external drive and reset it... I'm assuming all save files are on the cloud, right? I really hope they only drop the price 50 bucks...

Good to know! I was just about to copy my downloaded games to an external drive and reset it... I'm assuming all save files are on the cloud, right? I really hope they only drop the price 50 bucks...
I believe it copies both game and saves over to external, just got my xbox one back yesterday so been a few weeks since I done it. Only thing I couldn't copy over were any video captures or screen shots, guess you can only upload those. I didn't bother, just something to remember if you have any video captures or screenshots.

Still wondering what the extra $50 bonus is all about that starts Monday ($250->$300? or lower).

If you don't factory reset it before you go, they might test a disk before factor resetting it. Reset it but don't do the initial setup on the system, just shut it off when it tells you to press the xbox button

Any of the stores (GS or BB) still doing that "get a free controller and game(s)" promo or is that over? Tired of having a full HDD on my Day1 edition (and don't want to do an external)
Looks like tomorrow there will be another free game offer. Honestly the external drives are awesome, I have a 2tb drive on each of mine and don't even notice them. Takes under a min to install and set it to your install drive.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/350871-buy-any-xbox-one-bundle-get-any-game-free-11-15-11-21/

With the current consolde trade in offers can I trade an XB1 (250) and X360 (100) for a total of 350 towards a new XB1? 

With the current consolde trade in offers can I trade an XB1 (250) and X360 (100) for a total of 350 towards a new XB1?
Yes. The XB1 trade in value is automatic, doesn't have to be used towards a purchase, so it will stack with the xbox 360 trade in promo.

Tomoroow is the last day the value is guaranteed to be 250 though. However the day after, there will be a coupon for an extra $50 for xbox 1 trade ins. The value might not necessarily drop before then.

Is the extra $50 Xbox One PUR trade coupon just a bonus or does it have to go towards a new console?
Bonus. But I can't see them keeping it at $250 especially when the $250 was meant to be towards a new console. $300 console im dumping everything and rebuying Black Friday with coupons

Bonus. But I can't see them keeping it at $250 especially when the $250 was meant to be towards a new console. $300 console im dumping everything and rebuying Black Friday with coupons
Yeah, I can't see $300 either. Maybe the first day of the promo, if that $250 stays, but probably $200. We'd be lucky for $225 before bonuses.

Does anyone know when the Xbox One and PS4 trade in promo ends? For some reason, I'm blind and cant' find it on the site. I thought I read the 17th. I called and the guy said the 21st, but his voice didn't sound so sure lol. So just wondering if anyone can confirm. TIA.
I was told the 21st and the guy that told me sounded sure.

Xbox One/PS4 value didn't drop. I wonder how long that will hold. Maybe both want to sell new systems during the holidays. Get people to re-buy a new system. Means the numbers look better! Brilliant!

Xbox One/PS4 value didn't drop. I wonder how long that will hold. Maybe both want to sell new systems during the holidays. Get people to re-buy a new system. Means the numbers look better! Brilliant!
Still time to drop. They usually do TIV changes later in the night.

I would speculate they will keep the TIV the same tomorrow, and change it for Tuesday.

Yeah wait til the morning guys. Lol. I would love to get rid of mine too. If I wake up tomorrow to take my son to school and it still holds, I'm trading my destiny ps4 

So what's this $50 coupon everyone's talking about and when's it supposed to show up? Hard to find things in here now that the OP isn't constantly updated.

So what's this $50 coupon everyone's talking about and when's it supposed to show up? Hard to find things in here now that the OP isn't constantly updated.
It's a coupon in your PUR account, gives $50 extra credit to ps4/xb1 trade in. Mine is already showing in there.

It's a coupon in your PUR account, gives $50 extra credit to ps4/xb1 trade in. Mine is already showing in thIf I
If I renew my pur account tomorrow can I use it same day? Hoping I can just walk in renew get the coupon and then trade my launch PS4 for the Limited edition Star Wars One

Oh, there it is!

So I wonder if they do drop it that they'll honor my locked in quote? And if they do if the coupon will automatically bump that?
If the values change you'd need an over ride to get the locked in value . The coupon would not stack on an over ride . For this scenario to happen it would take either a very cool or very lenient manager .

Oh, there it is!

So I wonder if they do drop it that they'll honor my locked in quote? And if they do if the coupon will automatically bump that?
I'm expecting that! I was going to hold on to my old :xb1:, but I'll gladly trade it in for that and see if I can get a new one on BF for the same price.

It's not worth trying to get an employee to honor the locked values. Read the fine print, good luck if you do. It's not worth the attention at any stores I frequent

Well all the more reason for me to stay up all night and power through RotR in case it holds.

If the values change you'd need an over ride to get the locked in value . The coupon would not stack on an over ride . For this scenario to happen it would take either a very cool or very lenient manager .
Kind of figured it would be something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back