GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, thanks. I have no idea what it's from, but I'm glad to have found it!

E: Any idea if this can be used online? When I go through the checkout process, I don't see an option to apply that value.
You use the 19 digits and PIN on the back of your PUR card at checkout.

So i finally cleaned out some of my backlog at GS.  Also traded in a extra xbox one and DS4 controller.  Picked up a couple of the sports games that were on sale at BB to flip back to GS.  Walked out with around $450 in trade credit and picked up a $100 ebay GC and $100 Amazon.

Also on my way back i stopped a couple of red boxes.

Found MLB 15 PS3 for 8.99

2. Resident Evil Revelations 2 for $5.99  PS4

FF X2 PS4 for $8.99

Did see mine craft but didn't pick it up.

Resident Evil for PS4 trades in for $16 if you can find them at your local red box.

Will be making another stop to GS later.

I read that the ebay cards could take hours to activate?? I haven't tried mine yet though.

Edit: just checked and its not active yet
I guess it's just a matter of luck on how quickly they activate, but I bet you will be able to get BB gift cards before the early access start.

PSA: Don't forget to get the trade back card for trading on Tuesday if need it be. This is what the card looks like if the employees at your store are clueless:

Front:
7L9rG7Z.jpg

Back: (Blacked out part is a barcode with EBC code underneath the barcode).
LT5WdTL.jpg
Where do you obtain this?

I was getting all ready to go on a flipping spree. I checked the Redboxes around me first, and of the four flips I've seen mentioned (Minecraft, FFX2, Resident Evil, MLB), there is ONE Minecraft in my area.

I totally forgot but for Elite and Elite plus members at (Best Buy), starting tomorrow with the early BF sales, they have some of the sports games listed on sale for $29.99 before GCU. I know what i am going to grab to flip back to GS tomorrow.

I totally forgot but for Elite and Elite plus members at (Best Buy), starting tomorrow with the early BF sales, they have some of the sports games listed on sale for $29.99 before GCU. I know what i am going to grab to flip back to GS tomorrow.
Don't the early access prices not ring up in store though?

Don't the early access prices not ring up in store though?
Not sure on that, i was going to do it online for store pick up and have my cart ready for tomorrow morning. But i see now that all the games i added only show for shipping only and no store pickup available.

May not work as i thought.

Traded in couple games and my headset today

Fallout 4 (x1) =                    $40

Ass Creed Syndicate (x1) =$40

Gears of War (x1)                $20.80

X1 wired headset                $8.80

total $109.60 wit PUR  pro card

I thought about that, but can't find the adapter cable that came with mine. Last time I tried to trade it in, they wouldn't take it.
Just happened to me. I had 2 and was clueless about the cord. I'll have to look in the boxes they came in and hopefully they're in there.

Damn, that's discouraging. I haven't done it yet.
Yeah. I had to call. Told me they're having "problems." Which I don't believe since I was able to proceed to checkout with other items. Told me to wait an hour. Hopefully it's taken care of. If not, they told me to call again. Really discouraging since I was trying to save up for BB BF prices tomorrow.

just got shot down for trading in redbox games. Didn't have time to put them in anything else, so tried to trade them as is.
That's bull. That's no reason to take games. The games work fine and the sticker is there -- so effin' what!?

My two GameStops took them with no problems. I sympathize!

just got shot down for trading in redbox games. Didn't have time to put them in anything else, so tried to trade them as is.
That's bull. That's no reason to take games. The games work fine and the sticker is there -- so effin' what!?

My two GameStops took them with no problems. I sympathize!
Well there's plenty of reason if you just walk in with the stickers on the discs and in the Redbox containers. They're supposed to turn away any business they believe involves stolen property and that looks like stolen property on the surface. Using stolen cards to get discs out of machines and then dumping them for whatever they can is a pretty common tactic. Should have taken the time to peel the stickers and just taken them in disc only.

Well there's plenty of reason if you just walk in with the stickers on the discs and in the Redbox containers. They're supposed to turn away any business they believe involves stolen property and that looks like stolen property on the surface. Using stolen cards to get discs out of machines and then dumping them for whatever they can is a pretty common tactic. Should have taken the time to peel the stickers and just taken them in disc only.
I guess it's very YMMV. I went in to GameStop and not only did they take them they kept the redbox cases.
I did have the purchase receipt email ready in case he said something though.

Have you tried to take the stickers off? It's near impossible.

Under normal circumstances I would have but I was under a time crunch. Had a order of flautas waiting at Taco Cabana.
I get it and reasonably they should have taken them. Just saying that it is understandable depending on what they're instructed by the store and district managers and how much crap they have go through that store. In some areas if they have too many issues with theft they can lose their ability to take trades entirely.

I know kindle cards add to you overall Amazon gift card balance, but do the kindle fire 0-500$ ones get added the same way?

Does anyone know what the base trade in value is for Rise of the Tomb Raider? I have searched for it and it never comes up. Transformers and other crap comes up and if I just search Tomb Raider, all the previous games come up. It's very frustrating. UGH.

Ugg, dont know if its been over 30 days since my last trade, worried about the 4 limit, cant remember how to check what you traded in/history of trades at gamestop, can someone please tell me.

Does anyone know what the base trade in value is for Rise of the Tomb Raider? I have searched for it and it never comes up. Transformers and other crap comes up and if I just search Tomb Raider, all the previous games come up. It's very frustrating. UGH.
$25 base. $37.50 w/ 50%. $40 w/ 50% + PUR.

all this credit and i don't know what to do with it.     anyone ever purchased electronics from gamestop.  are they in good condition.  ex. iPads 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back