GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the story behind that chick?
He tipped over several magazine racks and said some very hurtful things to several junior detectives.

Wrath was felt. Words were spoken in anger. Feelings were hurt. Mistakes were made.

Ah, I see now.  Ok I read that name wrong.  On mobile so I couldn't read the name as carefully.  Anyway, pretty bizarre.  Blue colored Sonic arms wasn't exactly on the top of my list as to guessing what would have led to a Gamestop ban.  So Chris is basically IATCG - except he's gone statewide now.

Never thought I'd see Chris-Chan mentioned on CAG. If anyone wants to be freaked out by more info on this individual, there is a wiki dedicated to this person.

long story short, Chris Chan is a social experiment conducted and followed by the anons in 4chan.

9MDmNM3.jpg

So, it's been a very long time since I traded into GS (my Pro membership has certainly expired), so I'm a little off on the timing and use of the credit. Would this week be any good to trade in Wii/Wii U games, or is a promotion expected by the end of the year? Also, what are some popular uses of the credit if I didn't want to flip or buy games from GS? Do they still offer Amazon GCs? Did they ever offer Best Buy GCs? Do you still get a year of Game Informer with a Pro membership?

Clerk at my store said that there was gonna be a PRO coupon coming up next month that he thought I was really gonna like.

I'm intrigued, yet skeptical.

I guess there are worse things than trade bans:

QiYPBmg.jpg
I guess there are worse things than trade bans:

QiYPBmg.jpg
Actually if the new no gift card for gift card policies happen everywhere I'll feel like old Chu. As what will be the point of going into a Gamestop. Also if that letter is real why would it only be state wide? Are they banking on him being stuck to riding the bus.

UPDATE:

As I mentioned, sent in complaints to Oregon Department of Justice and Fort Worth's BBB (where GS is). Complaint similar in both, just pasted the gift card information from GameStop's own website as well as provided manager name/details and my receipt info.

On 12/10 I got a response via BBB (I was asking for desired resolution of PUR PRO membership refunded):

Dear Mike,

On behalf of Gamestop, we apologize for this poor experience in association with our company.

We have notified the district manager of the store in which this issue has taken place. You will be contacted by them shortly.

If you have additional questions, I am here for you.

Shilo Holifield | Customer Care Support Associate | GameStop | Service Matters
I guess I forgot I also gave bad marks on the TELLGAMESTOP thing, because moments after getting the above email I got a call from GameStop. I was excited that things were moving so quickly, but unfortunately it was just the dude who shot me down originally.

I have had a couple of UNKNOWN CALLER calls, but I have not spoken with a DM.

Today I rejected this "offer" via the BBB and reiterated my desire for GS corp to cut a check for $14.99 and I will go away forever ...

Not sure where things are with the OR AG, but they emailed me last week

We sent your complaint to the other party.

They may contact you directly, or may respond to us.

If you hear from them, please let us know as soon as you can.

If we hear from them first, we'll let you know within 2 business days.

We'll send them a second letter if we don't hear from them in 30 days.
Not sure where it will go, but filed complaints with State AG office and Ft. Worth's BBB office which relayed my experience along with

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Gift_Cards.aspx

Gift Cards Help
Gift Cards, Digital Gift Certificates, Trade Credit and PowerUp Rewards™ Cards containing store credit can be used to purchase products at GameStop US stores, GameStop.com, EBgames.com and Impulsedriven.com.

Gift Cards are sold on GameStop.com, EBgames.com, and in US GameStop stores. If ordered from GameStop.com, physical gift cards are delivered via First Class U.S. Mail within one to two weeks and can include an optional gift message.

Digital Gift Certificates are sold on GameStop.com and can be redeemed online at GameStop.com, EBgames.com, or Impulsedriven.com or redeemed in U.S stores. Digital Gift Certificates are delivered via email within 48 hours of processing (excluding major holidays) and can also include a gift message.

Gift Cards and Digital Gift Certificates are available in several pre-set amounts, or you can order a custom amount up to $500.

Trade Credit and PowerUp Rewards™ Cards can be loaded with stored-value by trading in used games at any GameStop store. They can be redeemed online at GameStop.com, EBgames.com, or Impulsedriven.com or redeemed in U.S stores.

Redeeming a Gift Card, Digital Gift Certificate, Trade Credit or PowerUp Rewards Card Online
Enter the card or account number and PIN on the payment page during the checkout process. To use your Gift Card, Trade Credit, or PowerUp Rewards Card™ online, it must have a scratch-off PIN. This PIN is located on the back of eligible Gift Cards. If your Gift Card does not have an four-digit PIN along with the 19-digit Gift Card number, you can only use the Gift Card at a GameStop store location. The Digital Gift Certificate number and PIN can be found in the email sent to the recipient.

Important Information
  • Discounts, coupons and other offers do not apply to the purchase of Gift Cards or Digital Gift Certificates.
  • The total amount of Gift Card orders may not exceed $500.
  • Credit card verification may occasionally delay order processing.
  • Except where prohibited by law, Gift Cards or Digital Gift Certificates may not be returned, redeemed for cash, or applied as payment on any account and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.

The BBB doesn't really have any pull, so I'd doubt you'd get anywhere.  Some people think the BBB is a government agency but it's really just a for profit company that businesses can pay to up their BBB rating

props to you trying to get (what i'm assuming is) your rightful money back.

sure it's a process.. but fuck. it's your damn money.

im at 2+ months waiting for a $9 refund on a gift card.
:pray:

fuck you GS

Imagine instead of wasting your time fighting for measly $9 or $15 from GS, you wasted the same time during GS boomerang specials and triple or quadruple your money at GS.

I remember trying to fight GameStop once, many brain cells were lost. An hour later, I was begging for mercy lol.

Stupid Fedex returned one of my packages to Gamestop because they were too lazy to walk around the apartment complex. So today in the mail I got a 24 cent gift card from Gamestop in the mail. Oh joy! A Christmas Miracle.

Stupid Fedex returned one of my packages to Gamestop because they were too lazy to walk around the apartment complex. So today in the mail I got a 24 cent gift card from Gamestop in the mail. Oh joy! A Christmas Miracle.
How did you get it? Was it in the mail?

Also, what?

yup fedex is stupid i was at home yesterday. i was suppose to refuse this package, this fedex guy didn't even ring the bell, he just dropped off the package and left. i knew the package was here because i was checking the tracking id after he left 10 mins ago.

A B2G1 comes when you renew PUR Pro, you probably renewed it in the last few weeks.
Does the B2G1 coupon work on pre-owned game systems? Got the PUR renewal coupon today. Can I use the b'day coupon on the systems as well? Stack both? Would make it a sweeter deal for those xbox360s @ $59.99 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back