GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 1000 points from something called a Top Pro Promotion.

Anyone know what that's about?

Not complaining. Just wondering.
The email they referenced on reddit had a subject of "You’re Elfin' Awesome! Here's a few Holiday Bonuses!"

Fine print : *Double point bonus promotion valid 12/7 – 12/31; excludes gift card purchases. Bonus points will be awarded weekly.

I've been getting bonus points every Wednesday. The email also mentioned a mystery gift in January.

Just noticed this via member activity on the app when i was checking how many points i have

Does anyone know what it is or from? it showed up like 3 days ago

Top Pro Promotion xxx points

EDIT: Nevermind check my email after googling it and apparently it for being one of the top 5% or 10% overall of Scoring Pro Members however that calculated

here are the prizes i guess:

3yLftn2.png

3Hid1WH.png

The email they referenced on reddit had a subject of "You’re Elfin' Awesome! Here's a few Holiday Bonuses!"

Fine print : *Double point bonus promotion valid 12/7 – 12/31; excludes gift card purchases. Bonus points will be awarded weekly.

I've been getting bonus points every Wednesday. The email also mentioned a mystery gift in January.
That's a shame. I know I must be in (at least) the top 10% of total PUR points, if not top 5%. I've only gotten about 1200 extra points for the "Top Pro" promotion this month. Would love to know what that mystery gift is for January lol.

That's a shame. I know I must be in (at least) the top 10% of total PUR points, if not top 5%. I've only gotten about 1200 extra points for the "Top Pro" promotion this month. Would love to know what that mystery gift is for January lol.
I got 5600 bonus pts on 12/21 but I have no idea how they got to that number. Nice surprise.

I got a whopping 176 points for top pro. I also got 176 points 2 days prior for a purchase but that may just be a coincidence.

Any idea on TIV for a PS4 Wireless Gold Headset? Not finding it on the site.
I asked about this at my local gamestop with a turtle beach headset and they told me that they only give the price of a standard headset which is like 5 bucks or something, he also said they are testing some markets with actually buying and selling high end used headsets. I guess call your local gamestop and ask, they will probably just give you the standard headset price though.

I asked about this at my local gamestop with a turtle beach headset and they told me that they only give the price of a standard headset which is like 5 bucks or something, he also said they are testing some markets with actually buying and selling high end used headsets. I guess call your local gamestop and ask, they will probably just give you the standard headset price though.
Just called them, $2 credit. Bummer, I'm just better off selling them.

I don't know, I've gotten some really bad "refurbished" ones from them in the past when buying for flips or whatever.
I would understand a plain black, cause you really can't tell how old it is. But the forza one was released in September so it's only 3 months old. If you can find a halo one, that would be nice too those are only 2 months old. At least that's how I see it, less wear.

Less wear, more sp00ge.  If it was pristine it would be worth it, wonder if they would let me open the box first and look at it.

Put the hold in so I can decide but I just realized I traded off my black controllers for Lunar White ones so that complicates things a bit.

Less wear, more sp00ge. If it was pristine it would be worth it, wonder if they would let me open the box first and look at it.

Put the hold in so I can decide but I just realized I traded off my black controllers for Lunar White ones so that complicates things a bit.
The one I picked up looked pretty clean, came in the original box too. You can try to find a cheap controller on Craigslist and trade that one in so you can keep the lunar white.

I have a Forza console on hold in my area. Only one within 100 miles and I can't see why I shouldn't jump on it. I'll go in store and inspect it and see how it is. If it's in the original box, I think it's a sign to jump on it.

$249
- $20 coupon
- $200 Day One Console trade in

If you're good with your local GS employees, ask them if you can check to see if the serial number has been registered. Then you can see if you would have warranty if you decide to do the swap. If you find a Halo or Forza console, most likely it's not registered. 

If you're good with your local GS employees, ask them if you can check to see if the serial number has been registered. Then you can see if you would have warranty if you decide to do the swap. If you find a Halo or Forza console, most likely it's not registered.
I bought one today, how can i check if it was registered or not?

thank you

20 off preowned xbone coupon?
Under active offers for power up rewards members, expires the end of this month - $20 off a Pre-Owned Xbox One or PS4 system Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Expires 12/31/15.

Under active offers for power up rewards members, expires the end of this month - $20 off a Pre-Owned Xbox One or PS4 system Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Expires 12/31/15.
Odd, I don't have the coupon in My Active Offers. I have the other one but not that one.

Flash15, on 27 Dec 2015 - 6:37 PM, said:Flash15, on 27 Dec 2015 - 6:37 PM, said:
I have a Forza console on hold in my area. Only one within 100 miles and I can't see why I shouldn't jump on it. I'll go in store and inspect it and see how it is. If it's in the original box, I think it's a sign to jump on it.

$249
- $20 coupon
- $200 Day One Console trade in
The Forza console I picked up as part of the B2G1 was flawless and came with the correct controller, so it's definitely a keeper. I'd be more worried that someone kept the new blue controller with the grips and substituted a standard black controller since GS doesn't differentiate on trade-ins than I would be worried about the box personally. That happened to me on one of my 2 Halo 5 Consoles. Guy traded it in still in the original packaging (console and all accessories still bagged/tied too) but swapped out controllers like that was the only reason he bought the console (everything else looked New/untouched). So packaging was a nice bonus, but no limited controller hurt more.

Also, when you guys are out hunting Forza/COD AW/etc. consoles, you can have GS employees look up/put on hold the Halo 5 consoles in your area. Since they're not listed online and most people don't know that they're part of the sale, you might be surprised at finding those closer than the other consoles. I was able to snag 2 within 12 miles of me this way. Couple any combo of the Forza/Halo 1TB consoles with the B2G1 and you're getting a sick deal/upgrade from your standard XOne.

New 3ds is just better overall. Nub, processer, some exclusives, built in nfc support, better 3d and more.

So I was wondering how risky it would be buying a PS4 again. I returned one days ago and a X1 months ago. I don't want to be banned from returns not that I make many.

the website keeps taxing me when I use my trade credit, but I live in a state where trade credit isn't taxed, does this happen regardless if trade credit is used or not?

Anyone know if I can combine coupons? I have a 20% off birthday coupon and a $10 preowned reward I bought with points a few weeks ago. I have enough games to play right now but both are about to expire. Hoping I can just burn these and pick up a game for $5 and not waste good coupons.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back