GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought an eBay gc with my newly acquired gift cards lol manager was reluctant and told me that it wouldn't work. I assured him that it would and it did.

Deader or no658, do you see anything on the horizon for last gen console sales? I picked up a 360 for $60 for a co-worker before the holidays, and now another is looking for one.

I see there is the 4gb "S" for $100 with 5 free games...that actually might work. Just thought I'd check to see what you know. Thanks!
That's all that is going on right now. I don't think many big sales will happen now because the holidays are over.

I was getting annoyed that 4 gamestops near me didn't have ebay gc at all but some had amazon. Either there are a lot of cags or slickdealers around or they just decided to remove em. One gamestop had about 10 though

I was getting annoyed that 4 gamestops near me didn't have ebay gc at all but some had amazon. Either there are a lot of cags or slickdealers around or they just decided to remove em. One gamestop had about 10 though
I noticed that some gamestops only had a few left. I hope they keep restocking them. Plenty of AMZ and Shell cards though

[quote name="chuckywang" post="13138569" timestamp="1451981525"]Where are you seeing $30 gamestop GCs for $25?[/quote]
This was on eBay yesterday around midday. It sold out quick since the allotment was small and people were able to buy up to four.

I missed out sadly.

I asked this in the b2g1 thread but GameStop experts here may have a better answer for me : P

Can I use the b2g1 active rewards offer plus a $15 off pre-owned cert? And if so is it even worth it? Will the $15 be taken off a random item, the lowest or most expensive? For example, could I get a $20, $30 and $50 used games and then use both coupons. Would it knock the $50 to $35 and still keep the $20 game free?

I asked this in the b2g1 thread but GameStop experts here may have a better answer for me : P

Can I use the b2g1 active rewards offer plus a $15 off pre-owned cert? And if so is it even worth it? Will the $15 be taken off a random item, the lowest or most expensive? For example, could I get a $20, $30 and $50 used games and then use both coupons. Would it knock the $50 to $35 and still keep the $20 game free?
If this were a standard B2G1 promo that didn't require a "coupon", then it would work as in your last question ($50 reduced to $35), but I'm not sure if the rewards-offer B2G1 functions differently.

Yes. Possibly. The third option. Yes. Yes. Hope that helps.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only time it messes up is if your coupon makes the highest item the free one. Like if you had a $50, $45, and $45, the $50 drops to $35, becomes free, and you end up paying $90.

So Gamestop.com doesn't have a "price drop" section anymore? It was there well before the holidays and I used to check it every Wednesday

I noticed employees trying to burn me with my trade ins not long ago, to where they would pick one of the games I'm trading in and put it in the computer twice (so two trade ins of the same game title), when I really was trading ANOTHER game, which is the same trade in value. Just another thing to watch out for during your transactions. waits for employees to come to their defense... "derrr we make mistakes"

I noticed employees trying to burn me with my trade ins not long ago, to where they would pick one of the games I'm trading in and put it in the computer twice (so two trade ins of the same game title), when I really was trading ANOTHER game, which is the same trade in value. Just another thing to watch out for during your transactions.
I also had this happen twice before. I just brought it up to them in the middle of the transaction and then commented about it on the TellGamestop survey. Got a call from the DM a couple of days later and that shit cut out right quick.

Is it possible for employees to adjust trade in prices? During one of the most wanted trade ins a couple months ago I took a Splatoon in and the employee quoted me around $10 less store credit than the ap showed. I asked him jokingly if he needed to update his system. A manager overheard and spoke up and said that they "would honor the ap" it was a little awkward. It felt like it was an intentional attempt to swindle me. I have never before or after had a different trade in amount offered than was published on the ap.

Is it possible for employees to adjust trade in prices? During one of the most wanted trade ins a couple months ago I took a Splatoon in and the employee quoted me around $10 less store credit than the ap showed. I asked him jokingly if he needed to update his system. A manager overheard and spoke up and said that they "would honor the ap" it was a little awkward. It felt like it was an intentional attempt to swindle me. I have never before or after had a different trade in amount offered than was published on the ap.
it's possible but very unlikely as it would show up in a report and would have to have a good reason for messing with values.

it's possible but very unlikely as it would show up in a report and would have to have a good reason for messing with values.
I did it once during the $10 bonus when you buy a new game offer, the system gave the wrong promotion at $6, instead of $10.

Guaranteed $30 credit on select games

Valid Games Include:

Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, FIFA 16, Forza 6, Grand Theft Auto V, Halo 5 Guardians, Hyrule Warriors, Just Cause 3, Madden NFL 16, Mario Kart 8, NBA 2K16, Need For Speed, NHL 16, Pikmin 3, Rainbow Six Siege, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Splatoon, Star Wars Battlefront, Super Mario Maker, Super Smash Brothers, Tales of Zestiria, Until Dawn, WWE 2K16, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Yoshi's Woolly World. 

Offer valid while new equivalent game is priced at $39.99 or greater. $30 must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new game. Not valid toward cash trades. List subject to to change at any time. Valid through 1/24/16.

Valid Games Include:

Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, FIFA 16, Forza 6, Grand Theft Auto V, Halo 5 Guardians, Hyrule Warriors, Just Cause 3, Madden NFL 16, Mario Kart 8, NBA 2K16, Need For Speed, NHL 16, Pikmin 3, Rainbow Six Siege, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Splatoon, Star Wars Battlefront, Super Mario Maker, Super Smash Brothers, Tales of Zestiria, Until Dawn, WWE 2K16, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Yoshi's Woolly World.

Offer valid while new equivalent game is priced at $39.99 or greater. $30 must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new game. Not valid toward cash trades. List subject to to change at any time. Valid through 1/24/16.
Not bad

Valid Games Include:

Not bad for some titles, can you trade 2 titles in for $30 each on one $39.99 or above game? Or will you have to buy 2 different games

Not bad for some titles, can you trade 2 titles in for $30 each on one $39.99 or above game? Or will you have to buy 2 different games
Offer valid while new equivalent game is priced at $39.99 or greater.
I don't think this means you have to purchase a $39.99+ game to trigger the trade in promotion. It's just there so GameStop can remove certain games from the list if they happen to sell the (New) version for less than $39.99.

Just pre-order a game for $5 if you don't want to purchase a game. You can move them around or cancel the deposit later.

I think GS has been more strict about requiring the full trade amount to be applied towards a preorder instead of just the $5.  

Also, GS has BO3 on sale so if you have the B2G1 coupon still you can essentially backflip three with some legwork.  Would be extra inconvenient with more work though if you're required to apply the trade towards something.

If you buy 2 copies of black ops in two separate transactions to apply $25 off pre owned coupons on each copy, and try to return and rebuy to get a free game, they won't be able to refund you the coupon by putting it on a trade card right? Plus I don't think they'd allow you to buy 3 copies of the same game at least not my local gamestop

If you buy 2 copies of black ops in two separate transactions to apply $25 off pre owned coupons on each copy, and try to return and rebuy to get a free game, they won't be able to refund you the coupon by putting it on a trade card right? Plus I don't think they'd allow you to buy 3 copies of the same game at least not my local gamestop
Points will be lost if you return it. You have to call them for it back.

If you put trade credit toward a pre-order then cancel it later do you get that credit back?

Valid Games Include:

Damn. When did this become effective? Today? I traded in some of these games on Monday/Tuesday. Anyway, can I get the difference somehow?

Also, can you do returns/refunds at any Gamestop or only the one where you purchased the game?

If you put trade credit toward a pre-order then cancel it later do you get that credit back?
yes you'll get the credit back. I used to do this quite often when they did trade in bonuses toward pre ordering a certain game I knew I would never play (usually call of duty). Put the credit towards that game and go in the next day and cancel the preorder, they'll put the credit you put on that game onto a gift card and you're good to go.

yes you'll get the credit back. I used to do this quite often when they did trade in bonuses toward pre ordering a certain game I knew I would never play (usually call of duty). Put the credit towards that game and go in the next day and cancel the preorder, they'll put the credit you put on that game onto a gift card and you're good to go.
Scam Gamestop 101

It's been a little while since I've been in this thread, so I apologize if this has been asked lately, but does anyone know of any credit movers Gamestop --> Best Buy?  Thanks!

It's been a little while since I've been in this thread, so I apologize if this has been asked lately, but does anyone know of any credit movers Gamestop --> Best Buy? Thanks!
If you can,

Gamestop Credit to eBay Gift Card to Best Buy Gift Card.

Some GS sell eBay gift card, however, some locations are not allowing the purchasing of gift cards with trade credit. If you can buy the eBay gift card, use the link below to convert that eBay gift card to a Best Buy gift card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262075905712

If you can,

Gamestop Credit to eBay Gift Card to Best Buy Gift Card.

Some GS sell eBay gift card, however, some locations are not allowing the purchasing of gift cards with trade credit. If you can buy the eBay gift card, use the link below to convert that eBay gift card to a Best Buy gift card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262075905712
I'll try this, thanks. Unless there's a game that'll trade into best buy for what I pay for it (with trade credit) at Gamestop.

I'll try this, thanks. Unless there's a game that'll trade into best buy for what I pay for it (with trade credit) at Gamestop.
No problem. I have been able to do this at my usual gamestop numerous time. However, as I said, some GS are cracking down on this type of transaction so consider it YMMV.

Good luck.

Related note: If you can convert it, the eBay gift card activation could take a couple of hours after purchasing. I have had it active usually within 2-3 hours but once as long as 4 hours. After purchasing the Best Buy gift card from eBay, that gift card typically arrives within 1-2 hours via email.

Just letting you know so that you don't think something is wrong.

Darn it. Somebody want to be a guinea pig?
tumblr_m1kn4vbKV11qbpbbro1_500.gif

Said no one from CAG lol

This might be a silly question but do you have to purchase a game with the trade-in to get the bonus? That saying if it is still active. I was thinking about trading in for a Vita.

This might be a silly question but do you have to purchase a game with the trade-in to get the bonus? That saying if it is still active. I was thinking about trading in for a Vita.
Check the red text in htz's post:

Valid Games Include:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back