GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I don't preorder a game, are they not going to accept my trade in? The system should give you the $30 no matter what.
Depends on the employee you get. Some have gotten cool employees that won't abide by it, others have gotten employees who do. Technically, you're supposed to preorder or buy a new game per T&C:

Offer valid while new equivilent game is priced at $39.99 or greater. $30 must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new game. Not valid toward cash trades. List subjecto to change at any time. Valid through 1/24/16.

Went in to return 4 games with two receipts, one had 8 4/$40 games, the other had 4. I was returning 2 from each receipt, and the manager got all butthurt and told me he had to return and resell me all 12. I've never had this happen before, they're always able to return 4 of them at $8.99 and resell 4 as normal but "since they're from two different locations I have to do it this way." I want to call him out, but I'm not sure if something's changed in the POS or the DM wants it done like that.

On top of that, he gave me back the original receipts "for warranty purposes" even though everything has been returned from them.

EDIT: I was exchanging 4 of them for 4 different ones, not returning

Went in to return 4 games with two receipts, one had 8 4/$40 games, the other had 4. I was returning 2 from each receipt, and the manager got all butthurt and told me he had to return and resell me all 12. I've never had this happen before, they're always able to return 4 of them at $8.99 and resell 4 as normal but "since they're from two different locations I have to do it this way." I want to call him out, but I'm not sure if something's changed in the POS or the DM wants it done like that.

On top of that, he gave me back the original receipts "for warranty purposes" even though everything has been returned from them.
I don't mind return rebuys, they stack points.

Gamestop earnings for holiday were pretty abysmal, with software sales dropping 10% year over year. Stock is at 52 week low
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gamestop-shares-plunge-52-week-151940104.html

They'll be forced to shake things up, some of it will undoubtedly be bad for us CAGs (limits on what we can use trade credit for) but there will undoubtedly be opportunities as well, like the old tablet/phone flip periods.

I wonder if there is more to the PR story, like its kind of weird to shut down everything. Either some new laws came in that would make Gamestop liable for stuff they didn't want to be, or they were afraid of lawsuits in the future.
not opening Black Friday night was pro all half of their comp sales loss.

EDIT: I was exchanging 4 of them for 4 different ones, not returning
Well, we got 4 at one store, had an issue, brought 2 back to another store a couple of days later and exchanged for two totally different titles with no problem, nothing had to be re-rung, unless mistaken, just two items returned and two out to us.

Well, we got 4 at one store, had an issue, brought 2 back to another store a couple of days later and exchanged for two totally different titles with no problem, nothing had to be re-rung, unless mistaken, just two items returned and two out to us.
That's how it's usually done, I wasn't sure if he was an idiot or there was some new policy regarding returns on 4/$ specials

Lame the trade 4 get 20 doesnt work for wii u games. Was going to trade wii u party, mario & sonic sochi 2014nintendo land and ninja gaiden 3 wondering if i should wait or trade them in anyways considering their price I could get for games I dont play.

Is there ever deal for wii u games anymore?
At what point do the "next gen" systems start being called current gen systems? Xbox One and PS4 have been out for 2 years now...

Anyone know if instore price is the same on the shirts? OOS online but BB8 and Vault Boy are both available near me. For $2 each I wouldn't mind having them.

Bought several items...I think the Vault 111 pants would be perfect for workouts/gym.  Not expecting much for $2.00.

8 items - 2 shirts, 4 pairs of pantaloons, 2 billed beanies (lol) = $30.00.  

Good deal!

Anyone know if instore price is the same on the shirts? OOS online but BB8 and Vault Boy are both available near me. For $2 each I wouldn't mind having them.
Prices are same in store and online. i saw more stuff marked down in store. I considered the majoras mask watch but I would never wear it.

Bought several items...I think the Vault 111 pants would be perfect for workouts/gym. Not expecting much for $2.00.

8 items - 2 shirts, 4 pairs of pantaloons, 2 billed beanies (lol) = $30.00.

Good deal!
How is the Batman glow in the dark pant? Is it small? Look on package and states the following x-small= 25, small= 27, medium= 29, large= 31, x-large= 33, and 2xlarge= 35. I dont normally buy pj because I either get sweetpant in a size M. Im between a size 36 or 34 depending on pant. In levi, wear a size 34. Any commant on the Fallout pant? Are they normal cut ?

How is the Batman glow in the dark pant? Is it small? Look on package and states the following x-small= 25, small= 27, medium= 29, large= 31, x-large= 33, and 2xlarge= 35. I dont normally buy pj because I either get sweetpant in a size M. Im between a size 36 or 34 depending on pant. In levi, wear a size 34. Any commant on the Fallout pant? Are they normal cut ?
I wear a 33 in Levi and got large, they are pretty comfortable. I was thinking about getting the fallout one as well, but I saw the pic online and it looks like there's a button where the fly is at, I'm not a fan of that so passed.

Picked up 2x BB-8, 1x Kylo Ren, 2x FO4, 2x The Rooks, and 1x White Chapel shirts yesterday so thanks for the heads up on those.

Also it enabled me to get this (which is factory sealed) by being in the right place, right time:

e7nwia.jpg

I do not receive 20$ trade in coupon even though I am Pro member. I contacted GameStop customer service, but they are not helpful at all. Please PM if you have one and want to trade!

Not sure if we are still able to buy eBay gift cards with Gamestop giftcards / credit but there is a 2x / 3x / 4x eBay Bucks promo going on right now till Jan 21 11:59 PT. You must activate it to get the promo.

I wear a 33 in Levi and got large, they are pretty comfortable. I was thinking about getting the fallout one as well, but I saw the pic online and it looks like there's a button where the fly is at, I'm not a fan of that so passed.
Thanks. End up getting a size M since they didnt have a large. Plus, it runs wide on the mid to bottom of the pant leg. Reminds me of those 70's flare wide pant.

When gamestop had the 2bg1 free going combined with $250 xbox ones I bought 3. When they got here the CoD xbox had a bad disc drive so I talked to bob at gs/dell callcenter. He sent me a return label and all was well. Today I get the replacement and while I haven't plugged it in yet...its quite beat up. The last one was perfect cosmetically which makes this even more annoying. The possible shining light is I now have a receipt with a different order number that doesn't list any coupons used or other purchases. Can I just take this thing back to GS store for a refund at this point? Just wondering if it will pop up as being a replacement for xxxxxxxx order which does have the coupon?

hmmmm 50% coming back soon, i just bought 4 dualshock 3's for $20 , lets go accessories too

also have lots of wiimote + s to trade in

guess not, someone lied :(

FYI: I searched several pages back (aka several hundred posts) and did not find any reliable reference in this thread that a 50% bonus would be coming anytime soon.

That said, I could see decent specials both on the trade and the sales side in the coming months since they usually do big promos around Easter (which is in late March this year) and tax season which about now through April 15th.

When gamestop had the 2bg1 free going combined with $250 xbox ones I bought 3. When they got here the CoD xbox had a bad disc drive so I talked to bob at gs/dell callcenter. He sent me a return label and all was well. Today I get the replacement and while I haven't plugged it in yet...its quite beat up. The last one was perfect cosmetically which makes this even more annoying. The possible shining light is I now have a receipt with a different order number that doesn't list any coupons used or other purchases. Can I just take this thing back to GS store for a refund at this point? Just wondering if it will pop up as being a replacement for xxxxxxxx order which does have the coupon?
Gs/Dell call center? Why would u call Dell if purchase at GS? Why didnt u just place a order from GS.com and once arrive, return the other? They can look up your online orders from your phone number and see your console purchase breakdown. Not sure, but you can exchange your console only.

Gs/Dell call center? Why would u call Dell if purchase at GS? Why didnt u just place a order from GS.com and once arrive, return the other? They can look up your online orders from your phone number and see your console purchase breakdown. Not sure, but you can exchange your console only.
It was a reference to them both using what seem like indian call centers. I didn't call dell.

Picked up 2x BB-8, 1x Kylo Ren, 2x FO4, 2x The Rooks, and 1x White Chapel shirts yesterday so thanks for the heads up on those.

Also it enabled me to get this (which is factory sealed) by being in the right place, right time:

e7nwia.jpg
Nice! Did you pay that price? I think I got my copy for around $30 on Amazon...and i still haven't opened it

Been a while since I provided some updates for you guys.

Upcoming 50% trade promo starts 1/25. Good until 1/31.
All games and accessories qualify. Should auto-promo, no purchase necessary.

Been a while since I provided some updates for you guys.

Upcoming 50% trade promo starts 1/25. Good until 1/31.
All games and accessories qualify. Should auto-promo, no purchase necessary.
Im guessing this won't stack with trade 4 get 20 extra promo? Actually it might but I'm not going to risk a nuke- trading in mortal kombat for 22 and transformers for 19 is a good deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back