GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone think there's some sort of pattern to these bumps or are they all really just random. I remember the last one being on the week new years was or the week after something like that

That feel when you finally find a GameStop employee who is cool, doesn't ID for cash, and helps you make a new account even though your main is trade banned. Gonna give him a good survey review.

That feel when you finally find a GameStop employee who is cool, doesn't ID for cash, and helps you make a new account even though your main is trade banned. Gonna give him a good survey review.
Not asking for ID has nothing to do with the employee. It has to do with local laws.

Lost the battle for middleearth guys sorry. They didnt care that i had locked in my trade values today at 2am. Basically told me it doesnt "count" until its 8am that day or some line.

So the saved trade value is just useless. Thank goodness i only trade in games when i can rip gamestop off. Still got paid ten bucks for buying the golf games yesterday, just missed out on another $5 or so.

One store tried to give me a check instead of cash. Yeah right, like thats not gonna bounce after CAG got through dismantling you this weekend.

Lost the battle for middleearth guys sorry. They didnt care that i had locked in my trade values today at 2am. Basically told me it doesnt "count" until its 8am that day or some line.

So the saved trade value is just useless. Thank goodness i only trade in games when i can rip gamestop off. Still got paid ten bucks for buying the golf games yesterday, just missed out on another $5 or so.

One store tried to give me a check instead of cash. Yeah right, like thats not gonna bounce after CAG got through dismantling you this weekend.
Lol... imagine if the check would've bounced. Good thing the value for Golf Club PS4 only dropped about $2

Check? I would rather take that, lol. Gamestop has the funds to write that.

The savage flippers killed another promotion.
Both promotions (4 for $20 and cash same as credit) are still going on, just that trade-in values have dropped this morning. It's true, the 16 people who bought The Golf Club: Collector's Edition upon release will now get $2 less when they trade the game in.

And since trade-in values dropped, that means Gamestop killed the promotion, not any flippers. If flippers were in charge of the TIV, then they wouldn't have dropped, probably would've increased exponentially. I'd be very happpy if TIVs hadn't dropped. I was almost done converting all my GameStop Christmas season credit to cash.

You would rather have a check instead of cash???
Yes, if GS ran out of cash, then I would rather get a check instead of GS just saying they can't do the trade-in because of no cash.

Even if GS has cash, I think I would prefer check if GS somehow had a system that would print a check on the spot. It would get rid of the element of human error when counting money, and it would save me a trip to the ATM as checks can be cashed via my bank's smartphone app. I can cash it on the spot which would also eliminate the risk of lost cash. It's just more convenient and safe.

Yes, if GS ran out of cash, then I would rather get a check instead of GS just saying they can't do the trade-in because of no cash.

Even if GS has cash, I think I would prefer check if GS somehow had a system that would print a check on the spot. It would get rid of the element of human error when counting money, and it would save me a trip to the ATM as checks can be cashed via my bank's smartphone app. I can cash it on the spot which would also eliminate the risk of lost cash. It's just more convenient and safe.
None of that sounds appealing or better than just getting cash, so I'll chalk it up to difference of opinion...

Agreed, checks are safer than cash.

Just don't hold onto the checks for 20 years, otherwise this may be gamestop if they start going under:

rh430Vd.jpg

None of that sounds appealing or better than just getting cash, so I'll chalk it up to difference of opinion...
I agree with the check idea. Cash is cumbersome. I use my CC for everything when possible, so I'd rather have the money sent to my account so I don't have to deposit it later at an ATM.

I agree with the check idea. Cash is cumbersome. I use my CC for everything when possible, so I'd rather have the money sent to my account so I don't have to deposit it later at an ATM.
Wow... you guys must be trading in a bunch to have to go to the ATM lol. Not that it's bad, but my trade today was like "okay, cool. I have my $20 back, and another $10 to grab some BBQ"

I didn't go out and buy games to trade though, except for borderlands. They were actually games I never played and wanted to get rid of in hopes they'd be cheaper later and didn't intend to play.

I was ID'ed today and it had to be scanned too. It was like a 2 minute process. Are there any other games on that list that trade for at least 5 other than nfs the run?

Also, can you check if a code still works before redeeming it through xbox site or whatever? I know you can do it for ps4 but not sure for xbox

I was ID'ed today and it had to be scanned too. It was like a 2 minute process. Are there any other games on that list that trade for at least 5 other than nfs the run?

Also, can you check if a code still works before redeeming it through xbox site or whatever? I know you can do it for ps4 but not sure for xbox
Yes, I know you can do it on Xbox.com while signed it. It'll also have you confirm that you want to redeem it, if it is a valid code.

I went in today with saved trades on the GS app. I was trading in Zelda OoT, pikmin 3,metro Redux, and Mario all stars with the saved trade amount of $77 but the values tanked in the system to $40. I told the associate that I wanted the save trade value and he said he can't do it because of the system so I said, "then adjust the value manually. I saved the trades and I know you can change it." he did and he was chill. Got my $77 cash. How can I give him good feedback?

I went in today with saved trades on the GS app. I was trading in Zelda OoT, pikmin 3,metro Redux, and Mario all stars with the saved trade amount of $77 but the values tanked in the system to $40. I told the associate that I wanted the save trade value and he said he can't do it because of the system so I said, "then adjust the value manually. I saved the trades and I know you can change it." he did and he was chill. Got my $77 cash. How can I give him good feedback?
I wouldn't mention any details in the feedback, because you had him do something against policy. Unless of course you saved those trades today and they went down again

You can wait for his shift to be over and show your appreciation in the stockroom haha

I wouldn't mention any details in the feedback, because you had him do something against policy. Unless of course you saved those trades today and they went down again
I had the values saved 1st thing this morning. Aren't there like 2 or 3 things in the survey that need to be mentioned for them to get some bonus or something?

Wow... you guys must be trading in a bunch to have to go to the ATM lol. Not that it's bad, but my trade today was like "okay, cool. I have my $20 back, and another $10 to grab some BBQ"
It's not even a whole lot. I only like to keep like $20 in cash on me for cash only instances. Everything else runs through the credit card for reward points/cash back.

I had $100 in my wallet on Monday, I had to go to the ATM to deposit that cash.

I need some help. Ive never found myself in this position before. So i always trade in no more than 3 of the same game and have never been flagged by gamestop in the many years that i have been a customer.

I may have accidentally traded in a 4th copy of a game on the same platform in a month. Is getting banned automatic?

This happened on feb 29. Can i go to gamestop as soon as they open and offer to buy the game back?

I need some help. Ive never found myself in this position before. So i always trade in no more than 3 of the same game and have never been flagged by gamestop in the many years that i have been a customer.

I may have accidentally traded in a 4th copy of a game on the same platform in a month. Is getting banned automatic?

This happened on feb 29. Can i go to gamestop as soon as they open and offer to buy the game back?
4 is the limit at gamestop so your good. 3 is the limit at bestbuy.

What happened is I'm a destiny player on ps4 and picked up mgs revengeance and destiny on xbox one. To offset the costs i traded in other golf clubs skate 2 and xbone destiny. None more than 3. I know the rule.

But at one stop i noticed that i accidentally brought the games that i was keeping into the store with the games i was trading. I put the games i was keeping (thief revengeance etc ) aside but my 4th copy of destiny accidentally got traded! What do i do?

Update thank you. I was really worried.

Nice, the manager woman I spoke with wouldn't do that for me, but it was only about $5 so I didn't push too hard

GS employees seems happy to do my trades when I told them I wanted the credit instead....
LOL, I'd be the same way.

If you are buying something it's like getting a 5.6% boost, because you don't pay sales tax in WI. That's my line to sway people away from cash, but it's almost impossible without the 20% cash fee.

Isn't the trade in process the same for both? Why would they be happier to do credit than cash?
They don't have to handle cash (where an error can occur), making their drawer off.

They don't have to get into the safe as often for cash.

Keeps it all in store. Not handing you money to go across the street and buy it for less.

Dammit. I traded in a decent stack of games on monday but I realized I left out Mad Max. Still going for $22 so ill probably just play it a bit more and see if that value holds for a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back