GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in my 500GB Xbox One for $240 and received 4800 points. Guessing it's 10 points per $1 spent? If so it was doubled.

On a side note, glad I did it yesterday, I see it tanked overnight 

Traded in my 500GB Xbox One for $240 and received 4800 points. Guessing it's 10 points per $1 spent? If so it was doubled.

I snoozed on this deal. Congrats to everyone who got to upgrade their consoles for a fair price!

:xb1: base value for credit has dropped to $150 ($190 with PUR coupon)

:ps4: base value for credit is still $200 ($240 with PUR coupon)
I saved a couple of the values from late last night. What are the odds they'll honor the $200 valuation I have saved?!?

where's the smiley with the biggest laugh...

PS4 - New Cost = $350   Used Cost = $320   TIV = $200    

XB1 - New Cost = $300   Used Cost = $270   TIV = $150    

Difference               $50                          $50              $50

Nice try at the PS4 fanboy trolling.  MSRP dictates all in this case.

20% Bonus Credit (Games and Accessories) Towards PlayStation VR Pre-Order

Offer valid 3/22/16 - 3/25/2016.
Credit must be applied toward the pre-order of a PlayStaion VR Launch Bundle. Not valid towards cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trade subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details.

Wow.   They really tanked a lot of values.  A lot of things I was willing to trade toward PlayStation VR.

Not any more!

I think I've figured out how the 2x points works. Before it was 20 pts per 1$ on trades and pre owned purchases and 10 pts per 1$ on new items. Now it's 20 points per 1$ on new items and 20 points per 1$ on trades/ pre owned purchases. So really only 2x points on what you used to get for new purchases if that is the case.

20% Bonus Credit (Games and Accessories) Towards PlayStation VR Pre-Order

Offer valid 3/22/16 - 3/25/2016.
Credit must be applied toward the pre-order of a PlayStaion VR Launch Bundle. Not valid towards cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trade subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details.
Has anybody traded towards the VR yet, if so how much they make you put down?

I got about 168 for my vita slim and a couple Redbox games and Hdmi cords . I already had $100 down but just decided to put everything towards it, but I had the option to put any amount .I'm a little half there and figure if I need to make a purchase I'll just move what ever balance over to a gift card in store.

I got about 168 for my vita slim and a couple Redbox games and Hdmi cords . I already had $100 down but just decided to put everything towards it, but I had the option to put any amount .I'm a little half there and figure if I need to make a purchase I'll just move what ever balance over to a gift card in store.
Did the 20% extra stack with your Vita trade in? I thought consoles were excluded?

They added surveys and changed the video system drastically if you wanted bonus points.

So are you guys flipping the VR Headsets or going to use them? I am curious but would like to demo it first before deciding. I'm not spending $400+ on it since I spent $100+ on Playstation Move items and only played 5 games with them.

Going to trade in 3x Until Dawn for $18.70 but might trade it in towards the PSVR for the extra 20%. I'll just cancel the pre-order and get something else down the road. The limit is 4 copies right?

Wouldn't the last day of the extra 20% toward PSVR promotion be the best day to trade in (March 25th)?  It's a Friday...and they're generally prone to bumps in trade values.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

I went to GS to trade my controller in towards PS VR and was going to cancel later next week. Now for some reason, I kind of want to keep the damn preorder and get it. 

Can dump 4x XBone power supplies every 5 weeks for +$60, assuming the 20% bonus remains in place until the VR releases. That'll cover a lot of the cost.
Not a bad option. This is the first time in awhile I'm low on trade fodder and credit. I haven't used cash in awhile. Has anyone moved credit off a preorder to make a purchase i.e. eBay card? I should've put $50 down and kept some on a card for flips. Live and learn

Do they ban for trading those Xbox one power supplies? Do they ever deny them for being generic?

So that list for the  MLB The Show trade-in bump is mostly predictable, but I'm guessing RotTR for the XB1 isn't eligible?  It's just weird seeing the 360 version on the list and not the XB1 version.

So that list for the MLB The Show trade-in bump is mostly predictable, but I'm guessing RotTR for the XB1 isn't eligible? It's just weird seeing the 360 version on the list and not the XB1 version.
Last promo flooded the stores with copies of it for XB1. Not many used copies of it for 360 though.

For the recent PUR coupon that says "Get an extra $20 when trading in a N3DS, Wii U, or Vita," does that work for cash? It doesn't mention cash or credit anywhere on the coupon.

For the recent PUR coupon that says "Get an extra $20 when trading in a N3DS, Wii U, or Vita," does that work for cash? It doesn't mention cash or credit anywhere on the coupon.
Read the legal section of the coupon.

It says "See associate for details"

It's for credit only.

So that list for the MLB The Show trade-in bump is mostly predictable, but I'm guessing RotTR for the XB1 isn't eligible? It's just weird seeing the 360 version on the list and not the XB1 version.
Yeah, it's kind of a weird list because some of those are more than $25 in trade value. It's like the promo is to get less credit if you buy something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back