GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded a few games with my Division coupon. For the most part I got more than I originally paid except one game (only one I played).  Bought The Division (obviously) and $50 Shell card.  I am not against opening The Division but paying $60 for a game kind of hurts me in my CAG balls.  I may return it if I see a sale in the next 30 days.

Traded in a lot. Brought Division and told the cashier I didn't want it right after he handed me the receipt. He thought it was shady and said that's a way of "getting over the system". 5 minutes later... I walk out of GameStop with the Division refunded and an additional $60 on my Ebay card.
The problem is you're not careful enough. The employee has identified you as "that guy" whenever you come into the store now.

Traded in a lot. Brought Division and told the cashier I didn't want it right after he handed me the receipt. He thought it was shady and said that's a way of "getting over the system". 5 minutes later... I walk out of GameStop with the Division refunded and an additional $60 on my Ebay card.
What are you thinking? You just marked yourself as a sheisty individual who gets no mercy from those employees in the know. And those employees will talk to others about you and then you will see that store start reversing promos on returns in the future.

Smh

The problem is you're not careful enough. The employee has identified you as "that guy" whenever you come into the store now.
And don't think it ends there... The wrong guy gets a bug up his ass, and we inch closer to Best Buy-like bundle rules. You return one thing and buh bye bonus

Have a question for you. Are you lazy or stupid?

Have a question for you. Are you lazy or stupid?
8013326.jpg

Randomly got the Division promo today on my account, didn't know you could trade in more than one game though for the extra 50. Hopefully trading in my own copy of the division for another isn't going to be so weird to them...

I actually heard from an associate that you don't get powerup reward points anymore for purchasing gift cards. I'll be bummed if that's true, but at least we can still get them.

Kudos to folks close enough to Fry's to match RE and the 3DS games. East Coasters lose out again! I need to find enough to move about $200 from Best Buy to GameStop. Guess I'll make due with UFC and look for filler that's break even.

Has anyone looked for GS to GS boomerangs?

Save $40 when you buy a new copy of Division and a new copy of Rainbow Six: Siege.

Works online, but not sure about in-store.

Ad doesn't specify as online only, so maybe?

Save $40 when you buy a new copy of Division and a new copy of Rainbow Six: Siege.

Works online, but not sure about in-store.
Ad doesn't specify as online only, so maybe?
So, is that going to stack with the 50% bonus coupon? Makes it basically $20 for seige if you are buying the division anyway

Are you guys decimating your backlogs or snagging stuff from other stores to flip?  

I wish I had other stores near me...all I have are two RedBoxes with a skeleton inventory and a Wal-Mart. 

feelsbad.jpg

Are you guys decimating your backlogs or snagging stuff from other stores to flip?

I wish I had other stores near me...all I have are two RedBoxes with a skeleton inventory and a Wal-Mart.

feelsbad.jpg
Unfortunately there isn't much to flip right now. I'm trading a pile that I found cheap over the past few weeks. A Splatoon from Walmart, NSMU from AWD, SoM from Best Buy, etc.

Gotta live by the Boy Scout motto: Be Prepared :)

feelsbad.jpg
I just take stuff out of my collection that's replaceable and then replace em for cheaper when I can.

I wish Ubi would have allowed you to buy any combination of Syndicate, Siege and The Division for that $40 promo.  I would return that copy of The Division for certain if I could get the Syndicate for only $20 more.

I wish Ubi would have allowed you to buy any combination of Syndicate, Siege and The Division for that $40 promo. I would return that copy of The Division for certain if I could get the Syndicate for only $20 more.
Syndicate and Siege was just on sale for $28. You just missed it yesterday. But Siege is freaking great man. It's a real challenge. I can see why everyone gets hooked on it. And I only started playing it a week ago.

Syndicate and Siege was just on sale for $28. You just missed it yesterday. But Siege is freaking great man. It's a real challenge. I can see why everyone gets hooked on it. And I only started playing it a week ago.
Yeah, Siege is awesome. The best Rainbow Six game released since August 2004.

Yeah, Siege is awesome. The best Rainbow Six game released since August 2004.
This was not the case when it released. It was full of bugs, so I'm happy to see Ubisoft make strong updates quickly this time (compared to AC: Unity).

I got it maybe a couple weeks after release, rented it prior to that, and while there have been some exploits and such, Ubi seems to patch them quick. Haven't touched it since The Division, but this was about all I played before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back