GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
What has everyone's experience been like with the survey? I bought MLB The Show the other day and the dude working was a huge prick not only to me but to customer's he wasn't even helping
The surveys are a direct line to the district manager. If you leave a negative survey, you can bet it'll be addressed to the extent the store personal hears of it (and the problem corrected) and or depending on how bad it was, you also receive a call and an apology from the DM and possibly even the store manager. It will certainly get the situation addressed, be it a bad survey or a good one. They don't mess around when it comes to those surveys.

The surveys are a direct line to the district manager. If you leave a negative survey, you can bet it'll be addressed to the extent the store personal hears of it (and the problem corrected) and or depending on how bad it was, you also receive a call and an apology from the DM and possibly even the store manager. It will certainly get the situation addressed, be it a bad survey or a good one. They don't mess around when it comes to those surveys.
How do excellent surveys work? I almost always leave glowing surveys for people because at the gamestops I go to they are all cool about stuff. Do they ever even hear about it?

How do excellent surveys work? I almost always leave glowing surveys for people because at the gamestops I go to they are all cool about stuff. Do they ever even hear about it?
Yes, they do hear about it. It's up to the DM to share that. My home store has thanked me for the surveys and told me that the employee getting the good surveys ended up with more payroll hours. It's not the end all be all just based on the surveys but it certainly has an effect.

I'm going to trade in a spare official Wii U pro controller with the 50%.  There are two options.  One is with a cable and the other is without a cable.  Both are wireless controllers, from the pictures.  Does this mean I'll get less trading it in with the charging cable?  From the pictures it looks like one is generic and one is Nintendo brand, so the wording for the titles seems stupid.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-pro-controller-with-cable/121309

http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-pro-controller/119234

I've seen both controllers pictured in store and both are wireless.

So can anyone else confirm about the $50 Amazon GC situation? And I'm assuming eBay cards still works?
Do you remember when Gamestop had variable kindle cards (I think $15-$500) then all of a sudden they stopped working? Then they all got pulled and we never saw them again? My guess is that it's like that. Gamestop is not stopping you from buying GCs with your credit, but it's possible they have discontinued the $50 kindle card.

Go stock up on $25s before it's too late.

Also, yes ebay works fine. I picked up a $100 ebay card and $700 worth of $25 cards. I only have $70 gamestop credit left.

I'm going to trade in a spare official Wii U pro controller with the 50%. There are two options. One is with a cable and the other is without a cable. Both are wireless controllers, from the pictures. Does this mean I'll get less trading it in with the charging cable? From the pictures it looks like one is generic and one is Nintendo brand, so the wording for the titles seems stupid.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-pro-controller-with-cable/121309

http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-pro-controller/119234

I've seen both controllers pictured in store and both are wireless.
the cheaper one is not the wii u pro controller, but the Nyko knockoff controller. make sure you get the right trade in value, since its not gonna be a UPC scan but the clerk deciding which one to give you and one who is not familiar with the wii u will not know there is an official one and a knockoff.

I don't know if you need the cable or not though, the page doesn't seem to indicate so but it always seems like its up to the managers policy at that store.

Do you remember when Gamestop had variable kindle cards (I think $15-$500) then all of a sudden they stopped working? Then they all got pulled and we never saw them again? My guess is that it's like that. Gamestop is not stopping you from buying GCs with your credit, but it's possible they have discontinued the $50 kindle card.

Go stock up on $25s before it's too late.

Also, yes ebay works fine. I picked up a $100 ebay card and $700 worth of $25 cards. I only have $70 gamestop credit left.
i bought up all the $50 cards at the local gamestop last weekend, glad i did it now, used up the rest of my credit but now with the $25 cards possibly going at any time i dont know if i want to mess with the 50% bonus when buying doom.

i bought up all the $50 cards at the local gamestop last weekend, glad i did it now, used up the rest of my credit but now with the $25 cards possibly going at any time i dont know if i want to mess with the 50% bonus when buying doom.
Is the 50% on doom working? Didn't read that many posts, but spider-man said that it rang up as the 20%.

Buy the Ebay cards. It's the best way to go. You could still get Amazon cards that way if you change your mind. Use the Ebay cards to buy GameStop cards, use the GameStop cards to buy Amazon cards.

how is everyone talking about taking advantage of the 50% bonus trade in? all of you are buying a new $60 copy of Doom?
giphy.gif

Buy the Ebay cards. It's the best way to go. You could still get Amazon cards that way if you change your mind. Use the Ebay cards to buy GameStop cards, use the GameStop cards to buy Amazon cards.
the amazon cards are being pulled at many stores. not eligible to purchase at all. i know the multi-denomination cards have been gone a while, and many are reporting that the $50 no longer ring up/are being pulled.

how is everyone talking about taking advantage of the 50% bonus trade in? all of you are buying a new $60 copy of Doom?
and returning it later, but values are pretty meh.

Return the game and get a refund. Or if you're a same-store flipper like me... Immediately return the game once it's purchased. Don't even get off the line. But I'm dangerous like that.

You think Gamestop will notice the HUGE spike in Doom sales at their stores, and then notice a same spike in returns of Doom.

Its like they didn't sell any .........LOL

I'm doing a dump on Disney infinity figures and misc accessories, if I did my calculations right then I should pull in a good $500. Gotta return my Battleborn too, that bonus GameStop figurine is super lame.

Today I found a mint and complete copy of Super Mario Galaxy and picked it up for $3. I just checked and the base value for it is $3.00... I just sold a copy for $9.10 a couple weeks ago (base $7.00 + 20% + PUR 10%). And now I'd get $4.80 - barely over half of that.

Not to beat a dead horse but these values are absolutely awful. I can understand making sure that people aren't buying games from your store and then walking down the street to sell them to a different GS for a profit, but doing that and still giving fair trade-in values should not be mutually exclusive.

Today I found a mint and complete copy of Super Mario Galaxy and picked it up for $3. I just checked and the base value for it is $3.00... I just sold a copy for $9.10 a couple weeks ago (base $7.00 + 20% + PUR 10%). And now I'd get $4.80 - barely over half of that.

Not to beat a dead horse but these values are absolutely awful. I can understand making sure that people aren't buying games from your store and then walking down the street to sell them to a different GS for a profit, but doing that and still giving fair trade-in values should not be mutually exclusive.
You didn't mean you picked up the $3 one from a gamestop, did you?

Someone was cancelling their Uncharted 4 preorder today and the manager told them that preordering for a trade in bonus and cancelling the preorder automatically flags their account and Loss Prevention is cracking down on it. No idea if it's true or if he was just being a butthole.

Someone was cancelling their Uncharted 4 preorder today and the manager told them that preordering for a trade in bonus and cancelling the preorder automatically flags their account and Loss Prevention is cracking down on it. No idea if it's true or if he was just being a butthole.
This is why I either transfer a preorder like that to something else or really pick up the game--outright canceling it carries too much risk.

Really not hard to pick it up and just return it within 30 days.

Lazy ass people deserve their accounts looked at
My old store was wary of that as they thought it looked like they were fixing their preorder numbers. I wanted to return a Sorcery I preordered and picked up but hadn't opened yet (reviews ended up being terrible) and they convinced me not to because of it. Agh.

My old store was wary of that as they thought it looked like they were fixing their preorder numbers. I wanted to return a Sorcery I preordered and picked up but hadn't opened yet (reviews ended up being terrible) and they convinced me not to because of it. Agh.
Isn't that kind of illegal? You didn't want the game any more, so you were within your rights to want to return it.

It's most likely bs since the "get 30% extra trade in towards reserve titles" has been going for a long time in the past before they removed it and only a few actually kept their reservations.

Returns on the other hand can flag you.

It's also can be categorized as borderline bait and switch. On a brighter note I've noticed every time I purchase $200 in eBay or Amazon cards with my pur account I get an extra 5000 points. Pretty nice when ebay promotion pops up and if you're looking to move credit

Illegal on what grounds? Convincing a weak minded individual to buy/keep a game?
I guess, but mainly denying a return because it "looks weird" without any real proof. TimPV3 legitimately did not want the game after reading its negative reviews, so he should have been able to return it.

I guess, but mainly denying a return because it "looks weird" without any real proof. TimPV3 legitimately did not want the game after reading its negative reviews, so he should have been able to return it.
Seems like he wasn't denied the return. More like they convinced him not to return or else he'd be flagged. It wouldn't have scared me off, but I understand why it would scare other people off. Personally, I really think about every call I make to Amazon because I'm terrified of them burning my crops to the ground and salting my earth.

I will also bet there is some fine print somewhere about how returns are at a managers descretion.

Currently watching this guy stream the Doom campaign on twitch and at least that looks fun. I really hope the multiplayer is really fun compared to the beta. Not having high hopes but this campaign at least has me interested just not for $60

Currently watching this guy stream the Doom campaign on twitch and at least that looks fun. I really hope the multiplayer is really fun compared to the beta. Not having high hopes but this campaign at least has me interested just not for $60
You shouldn't say things like this, you might ruin people's plans to just return a new game that they have no idea is good or not...

Havent been in this thread in forever but I picked up a used Uncharted 4 today to see what Best Buy will list the TIV of it for. Haven't been in awhile either and I guess they have some ipad deal when you check out and it pulls up all your points and coupons and I caught the lady just in time she was just about to scan the 20% off used coupon. Im saving that for Overwatch. So if BBY doesnt do anything Ill just return Uncharted. This comes after seeing a used one at another store online so I sent the email to hold it, they emailed me back saying item waiting for me, I show up about 90 minutes later and the item had already been sold. I was beyond pissed since I had to drive to other side of the city.

You guys are overanalyzing this preorder cancelling. Just don't be an idiot and cancel it right away...wait a couple weeks. Then if you get hassled by the associated about it you can just say you changed your mind

Do the multi denomination eBay cards work when using credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back