GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm attempting to trade two copies of the same game (same platform) do you guys think my chances of success go up if I'm trading a bunch of other games too?

Also, I wanted the uncharted bonus but I want to exchange the game for 3 $20 psn cards. Think I can get away with that at a different GameStop than the one I bought it at?

If I'm attempting to trade two copies of the same game (same platform) do you guys think my chances of success go up if I'm trading a bunch of other games too?

Also, I wanted the uncharted bonus but I want to exchange the game for 3 $20 psn cards. Think I can get away with that at a different GameStop than the one I bought it at?
Depending on how many games, you should just put them on opposite ends of the stack. It might help.

Yes you should be able to exchange just fine. It is honestly better than just returning it.

About ready to go trade in these games. If my math is correct, I should be getting around $600 trade credit.
Good luck! I'm currently clawing my way up to $700. I need to reup on eBay gc for another run later this evening after shift change. Any plans with that credit?

Probably going to buy life is strange LE, $25 Amazon GC, and the rest on a eBay gift card so I can rebuy the games and leave me with some leftover credits I can use for later

It was a PITA and made me verify my account 3 times with a code to my cell phone, then reply with a "1" to confirm I'm trying to place an order.

I as well was buying Best Buy gift cards with an eBay gift card that was purchased today from trade credit.
I've reset mine twice and still can't get it to work.

I know alot of you CAGS are in SoCal so heres something ive been told by a manager. He said there has been training on the visa and ebay cards. Customers are not allowed to purchase them using credit or gift cards so keep a YMMV mentality when going for them. This is for the regional area in Orange/Irvine/Anaheim/Santa Ana.  

Probably going to buy life is strange LE, $25 Amazon GC, and the rest on a eBay gift card so I can rebuy the games and leave me with some leftover credits I can use for later
Wow thank you for this. I'm going to dump a bunch of my Nintendo games disc only and rebuy through eBay. Leftover credit plus points plus eBay bucks!

Got the email early yesterday morning stating I have 2 games worth $24.75 cash.

Ratchet and Clank collection - $13.50 (don't have it, traded it a few years ago, lol)

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix - $11.25 (not trading it)

Chances are even if I were to trade some games tomorrow there's really nothing I have on PS3 or X360 worth trading in.

Looks like I wasn't banned after my redbox trade-ins. It's good to be back gents. Thanks for all the helpful posts. Looks like you can't stack coupons on the b2g1 pre-owned games after renewing PUR pro. Regardless, happy trading! 😃👍🏾

Gotta thank bestbuy for minecraft, just cause 3, until dawn, rainbow six siege, and uncharted. Traded some other games too and got around 300 before purchasing uncharted. Sadly I 4got to ask for a gift receipt so I'll just wait for another retailer to lower the price of uncharted 4 and use that as an excuse to return it. Now that I have credit, time to look for some boomerangs IF the promo ends at the end of tomorrow or when they close tonight

I know alot of you CAGS are in SoCal so heres something ive been told by a manager. He said there has been training on the visa and ebay cards. Customers are not allowed to purchase them using credit or gift cards so keep a YMMV mentality when going for them. This is for the regional area in Orange/Irvine/Anaheim/Santa Ana.
Damn this sucks I havent tried to buy an Ebay giftcard yet, sucks if I can't

Gotta thank bestbuy for minecraft, just cause 3, until dawn, rainbow six siege, and uncharted. Traded some other games too and got around 300 before purchasing uncharted. Sadly I 4got to ask for a gift receipt so I'll just wait for another retailer to lower the price of uncharted 4 and use that as an excuse to return it. Now that I have credit, time to look for some boomerangs IF the promo ends at the end of tomorrow or when they close tonight
You should try to sell it locally. I sold my 2 copies of Doom on a local FB site for $45 each

I've noticed that some stores the managers are douchey unhappy pricks. Those are the stores where everything is a headache. Then there are stores where they understand how gs works and don't give a damn as long as you act cool with them. I tend to frequent the aforementioned stores and avoid the latter.
Wouldn't you want to frequent the latter and avoid the aforementioned? o_O

It was a PITA and made me verify my account 3 times with a code to my cell phone, then reply with a "1" to confirm I'm trying to place an order.

I as well was buying Best Buy gift cards with an eBay gift card that was purchased today from trade credit.
Anyone ever get this error: At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to eBay and try another option.

You know, id burn the guy on that survey. They should not have the liberty to look into your history just because. Thats an invasion of privacy and they need to ask the customer for permission to look into your history.

Also, the ibotta thing is done?
The ibotta BB rebate comes and goes. It'll probably be back next week but that doesn't help anyone this weekend.

I'm hesitant to rip people on surveys as I'm a regular at about 5 stores, due to flipping, and don't want to alert management to my shady endeavors.

Yup. I've racked in over $20 eBay bucks so far :)
I'm up to $41.50 this quarter all from gift card purchases and staying below the Paypal Digital Gift limits.

You should try to sell it locally. I sold my 2 copies of Doom on a local FB site for $45 each
It's not worth it to waste the time dealing with that. Take the $5 loss and just trade in back to GS. The money is locked up longer wasting time getting these people their games. You want to roll the credit as quickly as possible while the iron is hot.

Man... can't decide on if I want to play Doom's campaign now or take it back for $60 credit and just pick it up for under $30 later this year.  Trade values are about $27 at GS and BB

Any GS employees know what this guy was talking about when he mentioned his "qualified transactions"? I stocked up like crazy on points and decided to finally use those pre-owned certs and a B2G1 coupon (which I usually end up letting go to waste) and since the certs are kinda weird we had to do it in several transactions. Ended up filling out a few surveys for him since he was cool and patient about it and it sounded like I was fuckin' with his performance rating or something.

Man... can't decide on if I want to play Doom's campaign now or take it back for $60 credit and just pick it up for under $30 later this year. Trade values are about $27 at GS and BB
I just opened it. You can lock in a trade for it on Amazon for about $38 if you wanna go that route, too.

What is everyone flipping from BB to GS? I've seen Minecraft, Just Cause, Left 4 Dead 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Rainbow Six Siege.

Is that all anyone is flipping? Just wondering because my local BB tends to be low in stock on everything.

Thanks in advance. :)

I just opened it. You can lock in a trade for it on Amazon for about $38 if you wanna go that route, too.
i ended up trading in 1 ps4 version and 1 xbox one version of doom to amazon. losing $22 (each)but it doesnt hurt as bad when buying the game made me hundreds. on the downside (upside?) i now only have 5 physical games. i already returned one and they have seemed to be paying a little too attention to me lately with these 50% bonus's towards (cancelled) preorders and purchases. unfortunately i only have 1 gamestop within range before gas and time become a pain.

i ended up trading in 1 ps4 version and 1 xbox one version of doom to amazon. losing $22 (each)but it doesnt hurt as bad when buying the game made me hundreds. on the downside (upside?) i now only have 5 physical games. i already returned one and they have seemed to be paying a little too attention to me lately with these 50% bonus's towards (cancelled) preorders and purchases. unfortunately i only have 1 gamestop within range before gas and time become a pain.
Hmmm... how long do we have to send them in to Amazon? 7 days after we lock in?

Well guy looked at me funny but got $275 in Amazon cards. Only had 25$ ones -.-

Can't wait to try again but with $380 to Amazon cards ugh

Decided to take my wife along with me to show her how video games can both fun and profitable!

One stop at target, one stop at best buy, and one stop at GameStop. She was meticulously watching our totals at each store, and each time she commented how she didn't see how we would get any money back. She thought I was crazy...

When she saw $441 credit back she was shocked. When I reminded her we had a gift receipt for a $60 game still and handed her a $50 target card, she was finally convinced! We might go out again tomorrow if prices hold.

No problem here in Ventura County just bought an ebay one today. Haven't seen any Visas yet.

FYI if you've been looking for any of the new Star Wars gear, its all on clearance.  Picked up a couple of nice mugs for about 4 bucks total

I'm pretty sure my Target has an eye out for me. I went to Target yesterday and PM'd AC: Syndicate and Minecraft for X1 and PS4 and got the $50 gift card. I went again today and did the same except they told me at Customer Service that I couldn't PM more than 2 items. So I challenged them and said please show me that policy and the cs rep found nothing but played it off by saying "I'll let you do this again in this transaction". I smirked and then as she was scanning AC she said," oh we can't give you the gift card. You can't stack." I said OK, so had her take off AC and paid for minecraft with yesterday's gift card. The store is overflowing with Jr detectives especially this lazy bad attitude high school drop out in electronics. Anyways, I'm glad I did well in Target and I'm glad I'm contributing to their loss in sales and profits ever since they came out with their politically correct BS on the Transgender creepers.

I am glad I read your comment. I have not been in the trade game for years now but I did it pretty heavy about 3-4 years ago. After seeing the margins on JC3 and the Minecraft I knew I had to get back in. I have been wanting an Elite controller for awhile and this was the perfect chance to get one for cheap.

Got lucky and there was one copy left for each system of Minecraft and I also got a PS4 copy of JC3. Took an old controller and some of my own games I got cheap the last few weeks and my BBY haul in for a total of $344. Got Doom (with a gift receipt) and my controller with $134 back on my card.

It felt good.

I'm pretty sure my Target has an eye out for me. I went to Target yesterday and PM'd AC: Syndicate and Minecraft for X1 and PS4 and got the $50 gift card. I went again today and did the same except they told me at Customer Service that I couldn't PM more than 2 items. So I challenged them and said please show me that policy and the cs rep found nothing but played it off by saying "I'll let you do this again in this transaction". I smirked and then as she was scanning AC she said," oh we can't give you the gift card. You can't stack." I said OK, so had her take off AC and paid for minecraft with yesterday's gift card. The store is overflowing with Jr detectives especially this lazy bad attitude high school drop out in electronics. Anyways, I'm glad I did well in Target and I'm glad I'm contributing to their loss in sales and profits ever since they came out with their politically correct BS on the Transgender creepers.
We get it you are mad that you didn't get your way...but you as an individual are not making a dent to Target's sales or profits. To think otherwise is laughable lol

She is telling me it's a new policy that no case means refurb fee. Lol wtf is that true?
I was told that before. Took my games to a GameStop 5 minutes away and they took them without a refurb fee just fine. If that's not an option you could show them the blurb on their trade in website that says no case no problemo!

I was told that before. Took my games to a GameStop 5 minutes away and they took them without a refurb fee just fine. If that's not an option you could show them the blurb on their trade in website that says no case no problemo!
I tried finding it but I couldn't. Anyone link me please?

I didn't trade them in so I'm trying a different store. She also wouldn't take in more than one game. She even called her manager on the phone but she said they said same thing. It's "new" and since it takes up so many resources they have to charge a fee.

I hate this store anyway so I'll go to the one I like.

Also a link to the one title per platform rule?

Are stores really getting these no gift card >> gift card memos? A manager that's pretty chill just said he received a memo yesterday about an hour after I did it. So today after he told me that I just went down the street to another store and swiped my card for a gift card?... Don't want to be stuck with a ton of Gamestop credit!

We get it you are mad that you didn't get your way...but you as an individual are not making a dent to Target's sales or profits. To think otherwise is laughable lol
Jokes on you buddy. I moved to the South from San Francisco and the majority of people here are conservative who don't agree with Targets Transgender/pedophile friendly approach to business. Look at their stock on Wall Street and their shares have tanked and they are missing quarterly sales. There are people nationwide who disagree with their policies who no longer shop there and collectively we are hurting their bottom line.

Well guy looked at me funny but got $275 in Amazon cards. Only had 25$ ones -.-

Can't wait to try again but with $380 to Amazon cards ugh
battleborn used is a good gamestop to amazon credit mover, assuming its complete. actually acceptable is still about a buck profit

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back