GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, instead of just returning it,can't you trade uncharted 4 towards another copy of Uncharted 4 and get an extra 50% bump? You get around $52 anyway and you don't have to worry about the receipt line that says "all returns are subject to manager approval" or whatever it says.
So then what do you do with the next copy?

Losing $16 isn't my style anyways.

Gotta love this 50% bump.

i bought tomb raider a week ago from bestbuy for $20 from their DOTD, added it to my trade stack with the 50% bonus and ended up getting $28 for it, went home and ordered a used copy from GameStop.com shipped for $21 shipped with CAG16 and saver using that credit.  Also made sure I kept the case from the new copy I traded in

Excessive returns and abuse of their system is liable for a ban so sometimes eating a $16 loss is okay when you are profitting $100+ from a transaction.

I'm trying to figure out why you guys have so many multiple amounts of Uncharted 4 and Doom. Just flipping Minecraft? 

Excessive returns and abuse of their system is liable for a ban so sometimes eating a $16 loss is okay when you are profitting $100+ from a transaction.

I'm trying to figure out why you guys have so many multiple amounts of Uncharted 4 and Doom. Just flipping Minecraft?
Games from BB: Minecraft Story Mode (all 4 systems), Rise of the Tomb Raider 360, Just Cause 3 Xbone/PS4, Left 4 Dead 2 360, Metal Gear Solid V PS4/Xbone, among others.

Boomerangs GS to GS: Wind Waker Wii U, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, Battleborn Xbone/PS4, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires PS4

(more can be found in blackbeard's excel file https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=0

You can get more BB credit by picking up eBay GCs at Gamestop and using them to buy BB GCs via Paypal Digital Gifts.

Also, Just Cause 3 Xbone comes with a code for Just Cause 2, so bonus free game.

I'm off to a BBQ good luck flippers.

Games from BB: Minecraft Story Mode (all 4 systems), Rise of the Tomb Raider 360, Just Cause 3 Xbone/PS4, Left 4 Dead 2 360, Metal Gear Solid V PS4/Xbone, among others.

Boomerangs GS to GS: Wind Waker Wii U, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, Battleborn Xbone/PS4, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires PS4
(more can be found in blackbeard's excel file https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=0

You can get more BB credit by picking up eBay GCs at Gamestop and using them to buy BB GCs via Paypal Digital Gifts.
Also, Just Cause 3 Xbone comes with a code for Just Cause 2, so bonus free game.

I'm off to a BBQ good luck flippers.
You flipping the burgers, chef?

Everyone keeps posting the total credit they've accrued which most likely includes stuff from their own collection. What I'd like to see is how much profit people made from flips and how much profit strictly from GS boomerangs. That and how many accounts you used to do it is much more interesting.
BB 5/27/2016 -$90.88

GS 5/27/2016 -$103.92

GS 5/27/2016 $316.01

BB 5/28/2016 -$111.93 used 75$ cert so only 40 out of pocket

GS 5/28/2016 -$35.99

GS 5/28/2016 -$198.32

GS 5/28/2016 -$34.98

GS 5/28/2016 $656.01

GS 5/28/2016 -$6.96 plush toys for GF

GS 5/28/2016 -$264.96 bought $250 Gift Card and plush for GF

Profit $374.08

Went with my girlfriend (so of course I used her account as well O:) ), we went to a nice movie theater in nearby city (15 miles away) which has like 5 gamestops within 5 miles. Gas is negligible, this all happened within 5 hour time span (which includes a movie we watched).

Because it's not the used game store that will take the game home to enjoy after buying it?

Same as with :360: power supplies, think of the children.
When nobody thinks of my children, idgaf. When most games I buy from gamestop already come in broken cases, really doesn't matter.

And definitely not giving gamestop my just cause 3 steelbook... i'll find another case for it and even draw my own cover.

When nobody thinks of my children, idgaf. When most games I buy from gamestop already come in broken cases, really doesn't matter.

And definitely not giving gamestop my just cause 3 steelbook... i'll find another case for it and even draw my own cover.
I didn't literally mean children when I said that, just think of the person that will buy the game/console from GameStop instead of GameStop.

And YES I agree, no one will touch my SteelBook cases.

giphy.gif

boston - It's selfish to trade in games disc only.... What is the point of being a case hoarder?
In case GameStop decides to send me disc only, that way I have a complete copy.

ill keep your feedback of being selfish under advisement if I ever give a shit about how internet trolls feel :speaktothehand:

I really think the return limit has to be a $$$ value. With people returning PS4s, you have to go overboard to get banned returning these games in my opinion.

Been trying to buy a BB gift card with eBay GC since yesterday and no luck, keep getting (601) errors. Any tips?
I bought two no problem last night. Then I had problems, I used a second ebay account and that worked. Unfortunately Paypal digital gift cards can flag you and you can have issues. I haven't had those for awhile

I really think the return limit has to be a $$$ value. With people returning PS4s, you have to go overboard to get banned returning these games in my opinion.
I could be wrong but if you do a return of the same game in excess of 5+ in a span of a week you would think that'll raise a flag for whoever is doing Prevention Loss.

Returns are subject to manager's approval. They are not in the wrong for rejecting the returns, which is why I just went with a trade in instead of returning it.
Chatting with the cashier and giving a reasonable reason for returning it has never failed me, even with super long receipts. Gotta get on their good side.

This is such a great promo, walked out with $600 in trades from bb to gs and a b2g1 coupon. Stopped at another store down the road and grabbed 300 ebay, 50 amazon, a 25 shell gas card and managed to get 100 visa with no problem. Still have enough on my card to grab a new system down the road if need be.

#BlessGamestop

I could be wrong but if you do a return of the same game in excess of 5+ in a span of a week you would think that'll raise a flag for whoever is doing Prevention Loss.
My personal rule is one game per platform. So I bought Doom for Xbox One, PS4 and one copy of Uncharted. Repeat for second account. I think I'll be fine.

Someone wanted to know what kind of profit we are getting. For me I spent 320. Ended up with 440 credit, $60 game with a gift receipt and a $50 target card. So in the end turned 320 to 550, for $230 profit. This was with 1 stop at target, 1 at best buy, and 1 at GameStop all in the same shopping center and about 45 min total of work.

I didn't literally mean children when I said that, just think of the person that will buy the game/console from GameStop instead of GameStop.

And YES I agree, no one will touch my SteelBook cases.
I understood your joke, I purposely bulldoze bad jokes though.

word seems to be getting around (again) the Los Angeles stores about getting other gift cards by paying with Gamestop giftcards... have overheard employees in 2 different Gamestops chatting about it amongst themselves (and also overheard an employee talking about the woman at the register before who "was super sketchy because she paid with a PS4 using bunch of different small gamestop gift cards"  - just found that kind of funny). 

I bought two no problem last night. Then I had problems, I used a second ebay account and that worked. Unfortunately Paypal digital gift cards can flag you and you can have issues. I haven't had those for awhile
Well I think what started giving me issues was adding the eBay GC to pay first then logging into PayPal but I have also tried logging into PayPal first on another account and it gives me the same (601) problem. Also, this is my first time buying a BB GC and I am only trying to get a 50$ GC so I'm not hitting any limit right?

word seems to be getting around (again) the Los Angeles stores about getting other gift cards by paying with Gamestop giftcards... have overheard employees in 2 different Gamestops chatting about it amongst themselves (and also overheard an employee talking about the woman at the register before who "was super sketchy because she paid with a PS4 using bunch of different small gamestop gift cards" - just found that kind of funny).
Damn hopefully I can transfer the credit I got from these trades to Ebay real quick

word seems to be getting around (again) the Los Angeles stores about getting other gift cards by paying with Gamestop giftcards... have overheard employees in 2 different Gamestops chatting about it amongst themselves (and also overheard an employee talking about the woman at the register before who "was super sketchy because she paid with a PS4 using bunch of different small gamestop gift cards" - just found that kind of funny).
Employees are such noobs.

Well I think what started giving me issues was adding the eBay GC to pay first then logging into PayPal but I have also tried logging into PayPal first on another account and it gives me the same (601) problem. Also, this is my first time buying a BB GC and I am only trying to get a 50$ GC so I'm not hitting any limit right?
A ton of my issues started when I first began buying digital gift cards on ebay. It took months until those errors went away. It wasn't until maybe a month ago I've had no issues. You can be having that same problem I had. Paypal basically refused to sell me anything for months

Why is everybody worried about values dropping? They said the values are guaranteed through the 30th!
Has values ever changed Monday morning though on stealth bump weekends? o_O

If you hand the employee a big long receipt with a bunch of trade bumps & want to return the game you got the trade bump for, employee will think you're doing something "shady" & will try to deny the return or argue with you about how much you get back.

A GS gift receipt is barely 2 inches long & doesn't show the employee any details about the transaction, just how they should refund you if you don't buy anything else.
But the gift receipt would give you a regular GS giftcard right?? Instead of trade credit where u won't be taxed....unless u buy a gift card to some other store...

You're better than that. Read the rest of the email.
I didn't get the email =( I'm guessing it says 05/30? We need reassurance! lolol and GS is gonna be open on Memorial Day right?????!!!!

not a big margin but if you have too much bby credit, an even trade off btw is grand theft auto san andreas msrp is $19.99, so $15.99 with GCU (or have them pm Walmart/Amazon $14 ps3, $13.25 x360), trades for $12.50/$13.75/$20 after 50% bonus with PUR. if you have too much walmart credit, ratchet & clank collection is $14.96, trades for $15/$16.50/$24 after 50% bonus with PUR...amazon has pm $14.96 but don't think bby still carries this in store to pm.

if I already did the 50% trade-in promo for DOOM (weeks ago)  can I do the 50% promo again for Uncharted 4? 

thanks in advance

Lucky ducks who could price match fry's NBA Live 16 at BB. None for 250 miles around and not driving 35 miles to fry's for it.
You could try forza horizon 2 xbox one that is 12.99 and showing add to cart at frys. I managed to get two pmed to bb and traded them in for $40 each. But its ymmv of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back