GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked earlier but  didn't get an answer. What's type of id is needed to create a second PUR pro account? I was told the plain PUR doesn't need any, but doesn't the pro need something? So what's a good alternative to a drivers license? 

I asked earlier but didn't get an answer. What's type of id is needed to create a second PUR pro account? I was told the plain PUR doesn't need any, but doesn't the pro need something? So what's a good alternative to a drivers license?
Only with a military ID can you sign up for PUR Pro. Sorry m8

i wish gamestop hired more part time help. i see the same 4 people enough that i know what their schedule is. how is it possible only 4 people work there? they fucking work from open to close.
Since Sundays are their shortest days they can get by with 4 workers.

Passport works too, or so I've heard, here in NorthEast Ohio I've opened accounts without needing to hand over ID.
Yeah I was the one that reported this when I experimented over a year ago. Since their system links accounts, be sure to use this as a last resort though and on a completely different PUR account you've created.

Yeah I got denied Visas only twice. Both times they straight up asked me what I was using. I could have lied but they were the type that would notice and post void the whole transaction. Other places I didn't say anything. I swiped, hit the correct button and left. Easy

Yeah I got denied Visas only twice. Both times they straight up asked me what I was using. I could have lied but they were the type that would notice and post void the whole transaction. Other places I didn't say anything. I swiped, hit the correct button and left. Easy
I've never tried Visa's, mainly because there is a small fee IIRC. I always just get ebay gift cards.

I've found that the only time the "strategy" I suggested doesn't work is when you print off the Gamestop email gift cards you can buy off eBay. At that point you are at the mercy of the GS employee, as they have to scan the barcodes of the email gift cards.

Looking at the extra $20 when trading in a 3DS.  What all do I need to have with the console to get full credit?  Do I need the power supply with the original 3DSXL as the new ones do not come with one?

Looking at the extra $20 when trading in a 3DS. What all do I need to have with the console to get full credit? Do I need the power supply with the original 3DSXL as the new ones do not come with one?
i believe it came up before that you do need the power supply, even though they dont sell it with one.

i believe it came up before that you do need the power supply, even though they dont sell it with one.
Crap. Of course my daughter lost her original power supply :(. Might have to scour the house.

On a side note, anyone know what headset they mean by

$40 EXTRA CREDIT TOWARDS A

SAMSUNG HEADSET WITH ACTIVATION

WHEN YOU TRADE ANY

SMARTPHONE

Are they talking about the Samsung Gear VR? If so, I have a few old smartphones I might try to take.

Then you will look like a. A$$. You have to tell them the amount you want on the eBay GC
2vDU5CR.gif

Crap. Of course my daughter lost her original power supply :(. Might have to scour the house.

WHEN YOU TRADE ANY

SMARTPHONE

Are they talking about the Samsung Gear VR? If so, I have a few old smartphones I might try to take.
No, it "should" be any samsung phone that cricket sells.

I got banned from my activity yesterday. Too many 360 slim power supplies. I have learned it it takes A day for their system to notice, so trade as much as you can in a single day if done my that.

Worth keeping the minecrafts for other flips? Otherwise, still sealed so can return to target.
Maybe if you didn't trade in 10 of something and put a huge red flag on your account for them to drop the nuke ban bomb on you, it might not have been so easy. :bomb:

This is a good example of what not to do and why things get fucked up over time because people's rampant abuse highlights things that need to be "fixed", like the TIV on the 360 S adapter. :wall:

In other words, don't be like this dumbass and GS won't "fix" things that don't need to be "fixed".

Gotcha. Not sure what I was thinking. Guess headset confused me...lately that is easy to do. Apparently my four wisdom teeth that were pulled on Friday held the majority of my mind :|

Thanks!

WHEN YOU TRADE ANY

SMARTPHONE

Yeah, it should say handset. Par for the course for Gamestop.

This.

LEGAL - $40 TOWARDS CRICKET SAMSUNG HANDSET
Offer valid only when a new Cricket device is activated.Promotion not valid on damaged, dead or recycle trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 6/30/16

Maybe if you didn't trade in 10 of something and put a huge red flag on your account for them to drop the nuke ban bomb on you, it might not have been so easy. :bomb:

This is a good example of what not to do and why things get fucked up over time because people's rampant abuse highlights things that need to be "fixed", like the TIV on the 360 S adapter. :wall:

In other words, don't be like this dumbass and GS won't "fix" things that don't need to be "fixed".
unfortunately this also applies to the returning of all the doom and uncharted games. im sure once they see all the returns they will be more hesitant to run the promo in the future.

unfortunately this also applies to the returning of all the doom and uncharted games. im sure once they see all the returns they will be more hesitant to run the promo in the future.

Yeah might as well return to Walmart instead then. You get at least 3 no receipt returns a year if I remember right.

Another point that seems to be obvious to most people except a few that ruin it for the rest.

Plenty of places to dispose of lots of copies of games besides just returning them back to the store. I hope they at least left the store before returning them.

One of the many reasons why we cannot have nice things right? Instant gratification with too many people nowadays.

I've never tried Visa's, mainly because there is a small fee IIRC. I always just get ebay gift cards.

I've found that the only time the "strategy" I suggested doesn't work is when you print off the Gamestop email gift cards you can buy off eBay. At that point you are at the mercy of the GS employee, as they have to scan the barcodes of the email gift cards.
Is there another way to use those gift cards from ebay?

I'm confused- the $25 off new game promo has no context. I have 2 games I want to trade on that list- can I trade them both toward a new game and make the game $10? GameStop is horrible and confusing

I ran some numbers in Excel with this data and included tax in the BB price and calculated ROI.

You get about 75% ROI on Minecraft, 50% on Just Dance, 30% on Left for dead, and 25% on Dark Souls, MGS PS3 & XB360, Just Cause, and Rainbow Seige.

MGS for PS4 and XB1 are about 5% and AC Syndicate is about 0%... once tax is included.

So, keep those in mind.

Meh, he's not really taking any less advantage than most people on here were. This was meant to be a promo towards a game, and returning the games the promo was for seems dishonest to me. Don't be surprised if GS never runs this promo again due to everyone who took advantage. I can only imagine how SD looks right now.
Hi IATCG!

Pots and kettles.

I have (l)earned much from others posts and so I will continue to return the favor. Share the knowledge so we can all figure out the GS system.

Yeah might as well return to Walmart instead then. You get at least 3 no receipt returns a year if I remember right.

It had been 3 no receipts in a 6 month period, but for some reason I think it's now 3 in 45 days. If you hit that you get "banned" from no receipting for maybe 6 months?

I ran some numbers in Excel with this data and included tax in the BB price and calculated ROI.

You get about 75% ROI on Minecraft, 50% on Just Dance, 30% on Left for dead, and 25% on Dark Souls, MGS PS3 & XB360, Just Cause, and Rainbow Seige.

MGS for PS4 and XB1 are about 5% and AC Syndicate is about 0%... once tax is included.

So, keep those in mind.
Yeah the AC one isn't good but I just did a set of these flips. $155 got me $205 credit at GS. I'll take the $50 for 45 minutes of my time.

This seller has $60 Gamestop cards for $50, limit 3 per buyer. I just bought a few with my recently acquired ebay credit, and the great wheel continues to turn.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142005542312
The problem with going this route. Is that you aren't really making much.

As you took your store credit, which in most states makes your purchases tax free, and converted it to eBay credit, then back to a GameStop gift card, which does require tax on purchases. So, you don't really get a 20% ROI on that. It's more like 11-15%.

Just FYI.

The problem with going this route. Is that you aren't really making much.

As you took your store credit, which in most states makes your purchases tax free, and converted it to eBay credit, then back to a GameStop gift card, which does require tax on purchases. So, you don't really get a 20% ROI on that. It's more like 11-15%.

Just FYI.
This is great for me. California charges tax on trade credit, so none of those benefits apply to me. Also, free is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back