GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So.. in 1 store, I was able to buy Ebay giftcards with my trade credit. Then I went over to another store, and I was denied by the clerk. What gives? Are the rules of buying giftcard with a gift card vary from store to store or somethin?
More like the rules set by corporate are not fully enforced yet.

I went to 7 GameStops and only 1 let me buy eBay with credit. It looks like by the end of this month you can't buy any more gift cards with credit.

LGvKk9a.jpg

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/738421438894485505

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I had to go and open my mouth. I went to pick up the Manaphy trading card box and $200 eBay. I asked if that was the last box that the store had and that caused him to look at the receipt and he realized I paid in trade credit. He forced me to refund the $200 back onto my card. Womp womp.

Wow I had to go and open my mouth. I went to pick up the Manaphy trading card box and $200 eBay. I asked if that was the last box that the store had and that caused him to look at the receipt and he realized I paid in trade credit. He forced me to refund the $200 back onto my card. Womp womp.
You could have just declined to do the return.

You could have just declined to do the return.
He still had my stuff, and I didn't think "hey give me my stuff even though what I did is against policy!" would go well. I didn't want him trying to cover his ass by mentioning it to higher ups and getting my account flagged. I'll just take the L.

so hypothetically if I lost a receipt, if I go back to the same store with the date of transaction could they possibly print a copy of it? 

so hypothetically if I lost a receipt, if I go back to the same store with the date of transaction could they possibly print a copy of it?
When I legitimately lost my receipt and wanted to return something, they looked through my purchase history to confirm and then did a no receipt return. At least that's how he described it.

When I legitimately lost my receipt and wanted to return something, they looked through my purchase history to confirm and then did a no receipt return. At least that's how he described it.
It isn't an exact science. They go through your point accrual history and if they see a point total on the day you say you bought it that matches the number of points you would have gotten if you bought it, they feel comfortable moving forward. That's what happened when I went a price adjusted my BO3 HE after it went on sale.

I thought so but I guess the only guy at the store at the time was being a lazy shit. 

I would understand if it was packed but I was the only one there. Oh well I'll just wait for my typical guy to be working to ask. 

So my Dad went in today to buy a Amazon GC and they were gone and the CS rep said they were no longer selling them.  Is this happening anywhere else (this was WI).

Side note:  Finally got my Dad to trade some games with the Doom promo since he buys stuff he never plays.  Got him the game and an extra $100.  What does he do?  Turns it into PSN credit and pre-orders Battlefield 1 and the next CoD.  He does not even play multiplayer.  He makes the CAG in me scream. 

Just bought 100$ worth of Amazon GC here no issue.
Getting a bit worried they might stop selling soon and I have so many Amazon preorders.
Yeah i actually just picked up some more amazon, ebay, and a visa card at the castleton store. They didnt care about using trade credit.

Yeah i actually just picked up some more amazon, ebay, and a visa card at the castleton store. They didnt care about using trade credit.
Might have to try there for a Visa card. Guy up in Noblesville instantly said trade credit couldnt be used on Visa's, so I didn't feel like arguing or anything.

I mean, just because they want to keep their jobs...
I mean its one thing if its actually the written policy or the system wouldnt allow it, then I totally understand that.

But its another when they "think" that credit can't be used on it, then look surprised when it can be without any issue.

I mean its one thing if its actually the written policy or the system wouldnt allow it, then I totally understand that.

But its another when they "think" that credit can't be used on it, then look surprised when it can be without any issue.
It can't be that hard to install a block on the POS system for Visa cards right?

Tried to buy $50 Amazon gift cards and they didn't ring up which the guy said meant they were no longer being carried by GS and then went and took the rest off the rack. The $25 ones worked fine. Grabbed those and an eBay with no problem using trade credit. Did buy some games though.

Also weird was my GS gift card was declined the first time. Eventually worked though.

It actually is GS policy that Visas can only be purchased with cash or a debit card.

The Amazon/Ebay is not corporate policy. (per deader)

It can't be that hard to install a block on the POS system for Visa cards right?
Apparently it is.

It actually is GS policy that Visas can only be purchased with cash or a debit card.

The Amazon/Ebay is not corporate policy. (per deader)
Ah ok, i was unaware then. Seems odd that they wouldn't have it register locked somehow though, other retailers have it like that

Returned Doom after work tonight at the same store where I bought it. Told the manager and the associate on duty a lame story about buying it for my stepdad's birthday and how my mom won't buy him an Xbox One because he's too old to own one. They bought the story, but the employees looked at the gift receipt like they had never seen one before. The manager saw the store's address on the receipt and asked why the receipt was so small. Told her I lost the original, but she offered to put the credit back on my PUR card. Then she asked if I was going to get anything else. I saw Amazon cards but no EBay or Visa cards. And, to be honest, there's nothing I need from Amazon right now, so I bought a $10 Google Play card and left. The only reason I did the Doom trade-in at all is because things have been tight since I lost my second job and I just wanted to have credit to buy games digitally in the meantime, so I've got $89.60 for that. It also helped that the sales on PSN and Xbox Live suck royally this week. Thanks, guys, for all your suggestions. The return was easy!

In the latest bit of shady moves from Gamestop they stole $.05 from my debit card.

I placed an order on GS.com for $40.48, paid $40 with GC and $.48 with my debit card.  They took $.53

In the latest bit of shady moves from Gamestop they stole $.05 from my debit card.

I placed an order on GS.com for $40.48, paid $40 with GC and $.48 with my debit card. They took $.53
Odd. The only time this has happened to me is on a pre-order and local tax rates changed before release.

I had no problem returning Uncharted 4 without a gift receipt and buying a $150 eBay card with trade credit. It was minutes before closing so I doubt he cared. But with the credit I had left, I couldn't resist getting 10 amiibo with the B2G3... I think I may have a problem

I probably shouldn't hold my breath, but I'm patiently waiting for Mirror's Edge Catalyst to get the 50% trade bonus Doom and UC4 got last week. I would like to rid myself of pretty much all my games in one fell swoop and not have to deal with selling them individually through Amazon/Ebay/Craigslist. Too bad I missed out last week.

Returned Doom after work tonight at the same store where I bought it. Told the manager and the associate on duty a lame story about buying it for my stepdad's birthday and how my mom won't buy him an Xbox One because he's too old to own one. They bought the story, but the employees looked at the gift receipt like they had never seen one before. The manager saw the store's address on the receipt and asked why the receipt was so small. Told her I lost the original, but she offered to put the credit back on my PUR card. Then she asked if I was going to get anything else. I saw Amazon cards but no EBay or Visa cards. And, to be honest, there's nothing I need from Amazon right now, so I bought a $10 Google Play card and left. The only reason I did the Doom trade-in at all is because things have been tight since I lost my second job and I just wanted to have credit to buy games digitally in the meantime, so I've got $89.60 for that. It also helped that the sales on PSN and Xbox Live suck royally this week. Thanks, guys, for all your suggestions. The return was easy!
Wow.
That was a whole lotta bullshit to say/do when a simple, "I don't want it anymore" would've sufficed.

I had no problems buying $200 in Shell and eBay cards last night. I'll be on a road trip tomorrow which seems like a perfect time to do a few more returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back