GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
And Jason Cochran is fiddling while the city burns...
This is Jason (thanks reddit):

mkIJQ8Jh.jpg

On the main trading page it's in a big red box. Works for accessories but not consoles.

I over exaggerated the issue by calling it a crisis but it's basically the higher ups taking away a useful tool for employees until they get better pre owned sales.
Wait, so they take away a useful tool because their pre-owned sales aren't good? I can only wonder what their pre-owned sales will be without using a useful tool. :dunce:

Real fucking smart move, GS corporate. When the building is on-fire, do you keep the water hose locked up as well as the fire extinguishers, since it might cost you money to use them? :dunce:

I was kicking myself all week because i pre-ordered Mirror's Edge and ended up disappointed with it, then being price dropped. At least I can save face by getting rid of it for $33 cause I don't see it bumping up. GS coming in clutch! 

I was kicking myself all week because i pre-ordered Mirror's Edge and ended up disappointed with it, then being price dropped. At least I can save face by getting rid of it for $33 cause I don't see it bumping up. GS coming in clutch!
It would be $32 @ GS and $33 @ BB. You might get a bit more if you wait until it goes back up to MSRP

App has shown incorrect values for power adapters and DS4s for weeks if not months.
Is the value for DS4's more or less?

Also does anyone know if GameStop still randomly gives less for no case? It's been on and off in the past but I thought I remember them 100% not requiring a case now...

Had a good $400 trade in with the 50% bonus, enough to cover my xbox one S, figure it would be good for the 4k blu ray player. Highlights were $39.50 for original xbox one controller and $24 for the headset adapter, $24 for uncharted collection I got from redbox for $15. http://imgur.com/1QAmY62

39.50 for one controller? i have 2 old xbox one controllers and a ds4 i can get rid of if i get a good amount towards an elite controller.

If they converted all of their "new" gutted games to pre-owned, they wouldn't have to worry about not meeting 50% in pre-owned sales.

If they converted all of their "new" gutted games to pre-owned, they wouldn't have to worry about not meeting 50% in pre-owned sales.
Seriously. Why would anyone want new games. We should just let them open the games on released day and sell the games as used. Isn't that saving us time & (possibly money) anyways?

Its a service - I'd say, they should charge us a dollar for helping us open the game...

Not so much a flip, but if you already own them, both versions of Smash 4 are trading in for more than they're on sale for on the eShop right now.

Seriously. Why would anyone want new games. We should just let them open the games on released day and sell the games as used. Isn't that saving us time & (possibly money) anyways?

Its a service - I'd say, they should charge us a dollar for helping us open the game...
Best way to fuck with GS on the bottom line:

1) Buy all new games with GPG.

2) Snap the disc in half whenever you get bored.

3) Go into the store with the two halves and say "Whoops?".

4) Get completely new game on the spot.

5} Reaction on GS rep's face - priceless.

6) Repeat until done.

I love 50% bumps. Traded One Piece Burning Blood, and a bunch of games from the 3DS and PSN sales to swap to digital. Still came out like 80$ ahead.

Time to burn through Odin Sphere and some other stuff

Best way to fuck with GS on the bottom line:

1) Buy all new games with GPG.

2) Snap the disc in half whenever you get bored.

3) Go into the store with the two halves and say "Whoops?".

4) Get completely new game on the spot.

5} Reaction on GS rep's face - priceless.

6) Repeat until done.
rRkGfY1.jpg

Has anyone traded in the xbone stereo headset adapter? I got my adapter with a headset I bought a while back, I tried to trade it in but the guy said I needed the cable that came it. I'm guessing this cable is a 2.5-3.5 mm adapter?

Has anyone traded in the xbone stereo headset adapter? I got my adapter with a headset I bought a while back, I tried to trade it in but the guy said I needed the cable that came it. I'm guessing this cable is a 2.5-3.5 mm adapter?
yes thats the cord that comes with the adapter but I don't believe you need that cord to trade it in. I wasn't asked that when I traded mine in.

I wouldn't have it anyways since I bought the stereo headset that came with the adapter and the 2.3-3.5mm cord isn't included. It's only included if you bought the stand alone adapter

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure I traded in mine without any cable. What cable would it be? It just goes on the bottom of an Xbox controller.

Not so much a flip, but if you already own them, both versions of Smash 4 are trading in for more than they're on sale for on the eShop right now.
Looks like $25 base for the Wii U version and $18 for the 3DS version.

Digital versions are $35.09 and $23.39 respectively.

Even though the cables aren't necessary, they ask for them when you trade in the adapter.

Anyone know how much The Division for PS4 is trading in for? The Gamestop website won't bring it up for some reason, I get an "Access Denied" error every time I look it up. Really would love to get rid of this before it sinks in price, I decided that I have zero desire to ever play it again. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back