GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how much The Division for PS4 is trading in for? The Gamestop website won't bring it up for some reason, I get an "Access Denied" error every time I look it up. Really would love to get rid of this before it sinks in price, I decided that I have zero desire to ever play it again.

$15 base.

Anyone know how much The Division for PS4 is trading in for? The Gamestop website won't bring it up for some reason, I get an "Access Denied" error every time I look it up. Really would love to get rid of this before it sinks in price, I decided that I have zero desire to ever play it again.
$15/16.50 base.

Thanks for the replies guys, going to bring the cable just in case. Im going to see if there are any ebay cards left in my area so i could get some bb credit, then use that to score 2 $50 psn cards for 90 on sunday. Gotta get that $15 PSN bonus.

$15 base according to the app. I'm having trouble with the website, too.

68921354.jpg

Contemplating forza horizon 2...almost $30 after bonus....the third one looks so good and 2 never lived up to 1 imo.

$10 for Xbox chat headset too (can't believe I still have that when I ditched my launch controllers a long time ago)

Edit - Nvm.  Mixed up WW with TP

Does anybody know if a PUR coupon will correctly apply to used sale prices? I remember when they had sales on new games that the PUR coupons were negated because the $ discount value was being taken off the MSRP price instead of the sale price.

That Wind Waker HD boomerang is even better because GS has it on sale for an extra $10 off at $40.

Does anybody know if a PUR coupon will correctly apply to used sale prices? I remember when they had sales on new games that the PUR coupons were negated because the $ discount value was being taken off the MSRP price instead of the sale price.
I think you have it mixed up with Twilight Princess HD. Wind Waker is only $13 base.

When you have a lot of trade in credit used on buying something, when does it void tax? I've bought items from GS in the past with credit and if it was over the amount the item cost then tax was voided. Does anyone know if the amount of trade credit has to exceed the price of the item?

If you need for some reason to move BB credit to GS these games are still $11.99 after GCU  @ BB and trade for $14.40

Until Dawn

Bloodborne

The Last of US Remastered

When you have a lot of trade in credit used on buying something, when does it void tax? I've bought items from GS in the past with credit and if it was over the amount the item cost then tax was voided. Does anyone know if the amount of trade credit has to exceed the price of the item?
While I am not lucky enough to live someplace where trade credit is not taxed, my understanding is that you only get taxed on the portion of the purchase that is not paid for with trade credit. So if you buy something that costs $350 with $340 of trade credit, you would only be taxed on the $10 that was paid with some other payment method. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I think it's prorated. So whatever the amount is that's left over on the pre-tax price after applying trade credit, sales tax applies to the remaining balance due. Of course, if your state is a no-tax-on-trade-credit, fuck you. ;) PA got greedy and started charging tax on all purchases.

I think you have it mixed up with Twilight Princess HD. Wind Waker is only $13 base.
So am I looking at the wrong tab or something? When I click on the link WW trades for $56 on the googledoc but shows $13 base online. Same goes for the second line which I see as Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for the 3DS.

So am I looking at the wrong tab or something? When I click on the link WW trades for $56 on the googledoc but shows $13 base online. Same goes for the second line which I see as Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for the 3DS.
Those were the top boomerangs last time, so you are probably still viewing the old/outdated spreadsheet somehow.

Maybe he grabbed the values before they updated some? This may be one of those check in the store for the real value. We have seen differences between online and in-store before.

I picked up Mario Party 8, Return to Dreamland, and Fire Emblem for about 90 bucks after a B2G1 and 20% coupon.  I should be able to flip back MP8 and Kirby for $72, leaving me with Radiant Dawn for $18.  Not half bad.

Guys, I could use a little help here.

What was the last day of the prior 50% bump?  I'm having a hard time remembering - was it the 27th of May?

Those were the top boomerangs last time, so you are probably still viewing the old/outdated spreadsheet somehow.
Thanks that's what it was. My work has a firewall blocking the link on my desktop. When I view it, I'm using my mobile view which shows the spreadsheet from last month. I'm not sure how to refresh it.

While I am not lucky enough to live someplace where trade credit is not taxed, my understanding is that you only get taxed on the portion of the purchase that is not paid for with trade credit. So if you buy something that costs $350 with $340 of trade credit, you would only be taxed on the $10 that was paid with some other payment method. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks!

Do we have an end date of the 50% bump? Im waiting for a large order of games to come in from Hastings. 

I wish the 50% bump worked on consoles

That 20% off 2+ select preowned games...I'm assuming stacks with pur... but is it on every group of 2 or regardless of the amount as long as its over 2 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back