GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know what the actual trade-in value is for an Xbox one controller without the headset port?
i just traded one in, i'm eating lunch but will look at my receipt in a second.

*edit* i got 39.20 for it, with a bonus listed 12.25 and bonus 2.45 for PUR* so it looks like 24.50

I've got a question myself, with the b2 g1 free gamestop coupons for renewing PUR is it only good for one set of 3, or can you do multiples in the same transaction?

i just traded one in, i'm eating lunch but will look at my receipt in a second.

*edit* i got 39.20 for it, with a bonus listed 12.25 and bonus 2.45 for PUR* so it looks like 24.50

I've got a question myself, with the b2 g1 free gamestop coupons for renewing PUR is it only good for one set of 3, or can you do multiples in the same transaction?
one set of 3.

If I want to upgrade my Xbox one, is there any backing up I need to do if I have physical games? It seems like everything is automatically stored in the cloud (game saves) but I want to make sure before I trade it in.

Just did a trade at gamestop for $194, got an ebay gift card with the credit no issues at all. Even traded in Twilight Princess bought from BB for a good little flip

If I want to upgrade my Xbox one, is there any backing up I need to do if I have physical games? It seems like everything is automatically stored in the cloud (game saves) but I want to make sure before I trade it in.
Nope everything is pretty much on the cloud, you'll just have to download the stuff again, but not a hassle at all compared to a ps4.

$300 after coupon ain't too shabby at all. Good if you have an older PS4 and want a new warranty, controller, etc. Bad if you're patiently waiting for NEO.
I thought about trading my old ps4 but the new one is 350 and 10% tax on top that's make it $385. So I crossed the idea lol

apparently there's a b2g1 on preowned ds & wii games going on without a coupon according to https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354715-b2g1-free-used-wii-and-nintendo-ds-gamesaccessories-gamestop-2-29-320/

Does anyone else have a trade list error atm? Can't save anything on the app or website, when I try it it says: "Trade Estimate Error.There was an error while trying to process your trade estimate. Please try again later." I think it happened on my 100th save too lol, is that what caused the error o_O Been this way for prolly the last 2 wks or so
did u ever solve it? that error just happened to me :whee: :whee: :whee:

is it just me, or u cant save tivs online or on GS app rite now?
the trade estimates list data on ur acct has been corrupted...mines been corrrupted since last year..I didn't know we couldn't have more than 99/100 items saved. The code on that page can't display 100 items so I get the error, idk if thats y urs is corrupted as well. Only work around is just make a new acct =(

the trade estimates list data on ur acct has been corrupted...mines been corrrupted since last year..I didn't know know we couldn't have more than 99/100 items saved. The code on that page can't display 100 items so I get the error, idk if thats y urs is corrupted as well. Only work around is just make a new acct =(
damn you GS!

Do trade ins count towards elite status? With all this flipping and converting to BB, I'm having problems spending actual $$$ at BB.
I would think so, trade ins count towards points which is the $ equivalent that BBy uses towards elite progress. Could be wrong though

Kinda tempted to trade my old PS4 for the Uncharted 4 bundle since my Gamestop still has it. My controller is on its last legs as well so a new controller and fresh warranty would be nice. Does the bundle come with a physical copy of the game?

Kinda tempted to trade my old PS4 for the Uncharted 4 bundle since my Gamestop still has it. My controller is on its last legs as well so a new controller and fresh warranty would be nice. Does the bundle come with a physical copy of the game?
Yes, Mr. Cage. Trade that in if you don't want it to lessen the cost of a new PS4 even more.

Do trade ins count towards elite status? With all this flipping and converting to BB, I'm having problems spending actual $$$ at BB.

I would think so, trade ins count towards points which is the $ equivalent that BBy uses towards elite progress. Could be wrong though
I know they used to, but someone mentioned that they werent getting credit anymore sometime after february. I am only at about $300 spent for the year, but all my shopping has been with gift cards, so that must have been from trade ins.

Are trade bans tied to ID or to PUR accounts? My wife account which we use for the occassional adapter and trade bonus times has been banned apparently. Is there a default length of time and has anyone successfully gotten one reversed?

My goodness did I fuck up today.  Decided I had a free day so I thought I would do a little Redbox tour.  I bought about 15 games and thought all was good.  Went home and removed all the stickers from the games.  Checked my email to add up my costs and 2 of the games I "bought" were actually just rented.  Turns out that Redbox cannot just change those games to purchases.  I thought for sure I was going to have to pay $69 for each game but they were really cool about it all.  Went to a Redbox and talk to customer service rep on the phone and they marked those games as "fraud" and I put the games back into the machine.

Side note:  Got denied on a Shell card tonight.  Granted it was at a GS that has problems with crime so they may be doing it to curb that.  I am going to a different one tomorrow to see if I can get one.

Are trade bans tied to ID or to PUR accounts? My wife account which we use for the occassional adapter and trade bonus times has been banned apparently. Is there a default length of time and has anyone successfully gotten one reversed?
pretty sure its tied to ID, but really, you have to be honest if you want us to tell you the length of time. they have specific limits for number of items and value over time, but an occasional adapter and trade bonus wouldnt trigger a ban unless you did something to set off junior detective's alarm and he reported you to LP.

Went ahead and traded my old PS4 in for $300 and got the Uncharted bundle. Should I open it now or return it and sit on the credit until the Neo releases? Wish they would go ahead and officially announce it.

Went ahead and traded my old PS4 in for $300 and got the Uncharted bundle. Should I open it now or return it and sit on the credit until the Neo releases? Wish they would go ahead and officially announce it.
im sure they are completely retooling it after the scorpio announcement. you probably wont hear anything until the tokyo game show in september. no point in releasing a new system that cant even game in 4k when microsoft has a new system that (they say) will play games in 4k. i wouldnt be surprised if they announce the neo as a "slim" model and tease a scorpio equivalent console for next year just to save face.

pretty sure its tied to ID, but really, you have to be honest if you want us to tell you the length of time. they have specific limits for number of items and value over time, but an occasional adapter and trade bonus wouldnt trigger a ban unless you did something to set off junior detective's alarm and he reported you to LP.
We traded in 4 adapters on the 9th of May. That was the last transaction on her PUR. I used mine last for trades during the uncharted 50% and trade bump weekend. That was our last trade activity on each acct. I'm not sure about my account since I havent attempted any trades this month.

Might be a stupid question but on the $100 extra trade credit coupon towards a PS4, if I trade in both an XB1 and PS4 in the same transaction, will both get a $100 increase or does that only apply to one system?

Damn I have been out of the trade-in game for a while and I am totally lost. Redbox? WTF!? Can anyone summarize all this for me?

dav2sil said:
It is literally a red box that you rent movies and games and occasionally sells them for decent prices. :)
It is total news to me that they sell stuff. But I think you know what I was really asking ;). I looked back a few pages and don't see any details. Thought I'd ask nice, friendly CAGs to summarize it for me to save some time.

I think I will get rid of one of my PS4 controllers though if nothing else. It just seems like I should make better use of a trip to GS than just that!

The red boxes around me never have anything. So i dont even bother. But there are a bunch of red box games on sale not rent that if your local red boxes have people are flipping. The only two i know of are state of decay and uncharted collection.

It is total news to me that they sell stuff. But I think you know what I was really asking ;). I looked back a few pages and don't see any details. Thought I'd ask nice, friendly CAGs to summarize it for me to save some time.

I think I will get rid of one of my PS4 controllers though if nothing else. It just seems like I should make better use of a trip to GS than just that!
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/356798-redbox-summer-clearance-sale-613-627/#entry13365249

There ya go.

As for finding good stock, good luck with that part.

They still have Steam cards? My son wants one for the upcoming sale.

I'm going to run by a Redbox and then to GS and trade my DS4 if nothing else.

Thanks for the link dav2sil. I wouldn't mind snagging a few of those for myself. But yeah, I won't expect to find much at Redbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back