GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
They still have Steam cards? My son wants one for the upcoming sale.

I'm going to run by a Redbox and then to GS and trade my DS4 if nothing else.

Thanks for the link dav2sil. I wouldn't mind snagging a few of those for myself. But yeah, I won't expect to find much at Redbox.
Yeah I've seen steam cards, I think bestbuy is having a sale next week, not positive. So if they allow you to buy an eBay card do that, then buy digital bestbuy gift cards.

In case you guys didn't know yet...

Kung Fu Panda PS4 at Redbox is 8.99 which trades in for 8 before bonuses. Works out to +3 or so depending on your taxes.

think the redbox locator only searches up to a 5 mi radius so try putting in zip or names of neighboring cities and you might actually have a redbox carrying the game you want closer than you think.

ended up flipping two Uncharted Collections and selling an old launch DS4 that had thumbsticks that were starting to wear out so that i could get a newer DS4 with updated sticks and triggers. lady messed up and accidentally gave me credit for Uncharted 4 trade-in on one of them. Must be my lucky day...she just let me have the extra $11.

HI, was wondering if someone could help me? I see people talking about 100 extra for trading in for ps4 with a coupon, where do I get this coupon? I searched a few pages back but couldnt find the answer, thanks. I think I will trade in my launch PS4 for an Uncharted edition if I can get the coupon.

We traded in 4 adapters on the 9th of May. That was the last transaction on her PUR. I used mine last for trades during the uncharted 50% and trade bump weekend. That was our last trade activity on each acct. I'm not sure about my account since I havent attempted any trades this month.
They crack down on adapters. 90 day ban.

Some people have mentioned PUR and ID getting linked so avoid using multiple ids to be safe.

I got eBay gift cards at three different game stops in Connecticut as a data point. I did see kindle cards at two of them , $25

HI, was wondering if someone could help me? I see people talking about 100 extra for trading in for ps4 with a coupon, where do I get this coupon? I searched a few pages back but couldnt find the answer, thanks. I think I will trade in my launch PS4 for an Uncharted edition if I can get the coupon.
You have to be a PUR Pro member to get the PS4 coupon. If you are a PUR Pro member, check in your active offers section.

If you have a PUR account it should be under active offers.

Thanks, I havn't been a pro member in a while, if I signed up for it again now, would I get the coupon or probably not?
Also, does anyone know if I can redo my PUR pro online? It says on the website you can but I can't really find where to pay for it and do the transaction.

They crack down on adapters. 90 day ban.
Some people have mentioned PUR and ID getting linked so avoid using multiple ids to be safe.
Multiple ID's? Like passports or different people using the same PUR with their individual id's?

We did 4 per month for the last 2 months. Funny thing is that the manager of the store would ask me when I was bringing in more adapters since he was selling them as fast as he got them.

Going to try trading in a spare Xbox One AC Adapter tomorrow... the app says $20 base, but is this like the Xbox 360 one's where the in-store price is quite a bit higher?

All the local redboxes got emptied out in the past day or two lol. Managed to get the last Uncharted and FFX/X-2 from one store, but all of the State of Decays and everything else were gone.

Also found it weird my local Gamestop put the Amazon 25$ GC's back up after removing them before, but like others have said they didn't ring up at all.

Not sure how this happened since I didn't mix any payments (All trade credit and I don't get taxed on trade credit), but when I went to exchange my PS4 for an elite XB1 and the gift card, the system was saying they owed me like $4.51 or something like that. She just zeroed it out to make it an even exchange but we were both confused.

end of an era

RIP Amazon gift cards

I will build up credit for a xbox one slim now I guess, wonder when they will do xbox 360 - $100 x xbox one $200 towards an xbox one slim , hmmm

The flips I've done today are:

Zelda Twilight Princess HD with amiibo from BB

Call of Duty Black Ops III price matched at BB with Microsoft Store

Halo Master Chief Collection price matched at BB with Microsoft Store

With an 8.25% sales tax, my profit was just above $30. I have another set I'm going to trade in tomorrow.

For whatever reason, I got $6.01 for the wolf link amiibo. Must be a rounding thing.

My goodness did I fuck up today. Decided I had a free day so I thought I would do a little Redbox tour. I bought about 15 games and thought all was good. Went home and removed all the stickers from the games. Checked my email to add up my costs and 2 of the games I "bought" were actually just rented. Turns out that Redbox cannot just change those games to purchases. I thought for sure I was going to have to pay $69 for each game but they were really cool about it all. Went to a Redbox and talk to customer service rep on the phone and they marked those games as "fraud" and I put the games back into the machine.

Side note: Got denied on a Shell card tonight. Granted it was at a GS that has problems with crime so they may be doing it to curb that. I am going to a different one tomorrow to see if I can get one.
When you touch the picture of the game, make sure to not touch the big plus sign on it. That adds the game to the cart as a rental.

When you touch the picture of the game, make sure to not touch the big plus sign on it. That adds the game to the cart as a rental.
Its really annoying, I managed to almost do this my first time. Happened again today, seems dumb you can go from the sale section of the menu to it adding it as a rental

The flips I've done today are:

Zelda Twilight Princess HD with amiibo from BB

Call of Duty Black Ops III price matched at BB with Microsoft Store

Halo Master Chief Collection price matched at BB with Microsoft Store

With an 8.25% sales tax, my profit was just above $30. I have another set I'm going to trade in tomorrow.

For whatever reason, I got $6.01 for the wolf link amiibo. Must be a rounding thing.
It is. We're doing $3.75 * 1.6. They're doing 3.75 + .1 * 3.75 + .5 * 3.75. Each bonus is being rounded up for the half cent.

When the GAs scan our PUR card to start the trade in transaction, what shows up on the screen? lol Does it show the last 5 games we traded in, or last 5 we brought, or all contents of the last 5 transactions or like what?????? o_O omg the GAs here scare me with the amount of time it takes them between scanning my card & then scanning my games hahaha

I've never hit the 5 games monthly limit, hit 4 only once twice in the past, but still makes me nervous with these jr detectives lol...

I think Gamestop is gonna be crossed off my list pretty soon. No access to Amazon cards and also possibility of credit getting redacted from trade-in promotions make it not as enticing as it used to be. I got "warned" about the possibility of getting the promotion credit taken out from my ps4 trade-in if I decide to return the console.

I got $44 for my DS4. The $10 coupon definitely did not work (as expected). I also nabbed a Kung Fu Panda from Redbox for $8.99 and got $12.80 for that. I'm not sure it was worth it as I forgot about the ring sticker on Redbox games. I spent 10 minutes cleaning that off and even stopped back home to get a case (so it wouldn't be so obvious it was disc-only). I didn't really do a great job getting the sticker off and some of the label came off as well (but just near the center where it doesn't matter). Luckily the GS clerk didn't care about it.

While I was at dinner afterwards I looked up what locations had the Uncharted Collection and nabbed one of those on the way home. I'll try to clean that more carefully tonight. But if I get stuck with that I don't mind just keeping it. If I do trade it I'll probably pick up another to keep. But running around to these Redboxes gave me a little of that old school Blockbuster used game sale vibe. It was like old times.

I wish I knew about the Zelda Twilight Princess sale at Best Buy. Right now it is not available in any local stores until tomorrow at which point I assume the sale is over. Very sneaky Best Buy - I've never seen them do that before (say that it will be available tomorrow but I can't order it at the sale price now).

You can still do in store pick up order for zelda tp. And pay the sale price and then just pick it up tomorrow. I did it and not going to be able to pick it up till Monday but just wanted to lock in the sale price.

I think Gamestop is gonna be crossed off my list pretty soon. No access to Amazon cards and also possibility of credit getting redacted from trade-in promotions make it not as enticing as it used to be. I got "warned" about the possibility of getting the promotion credit taken out from my ps4 trade-in if I decide to return the console.
Just return it to a different store.

Just return it to a different store.
I can only go to so many Gamestops within my vicinity returning PS4s. I may have took advantage of getting rid of some xbox ones earlier. :whistle2:

No, but considering how many people are getting warned about it and how the cashier and I did discuss this. Apparently the promotion/return has been widely abuse (including myself) to the point that the head honchos are actually contacting their managers putting warnings on workers who are accepting full returns on promotion trade-in purchases. At this point it's safe to assume that a store wide policy in this regards wouldn't be too far off at this rate. Then again the cashier might be bullshitting me. Who knows?

I got $44 for my DS4. The $10 coupon definitely did not work (as expected). I also nabbed a Kung Fu Panda from Redbox for $8.99 and got $12.80 for that. I'm not sure it was worth it as I forgot about the ring sticker on Redbox games. I spent 10 minutes cleaning that off and even stopped back home to get a case (so it wouldn't be so obvious it was disc-only). I didn't really do a great job getting the sticker off and some of the label came off as well (but just near the center where it doesn't matter). Luckily the GS clerk didn't care about it.

While I was at dinner afterwards I looked up what locations had the Uncharted Collection and nabbed one of those on the way home. I'll try to clean that more carefully tonight. But if I get stuck with that I don't mind just keeping it. If I do trade it I'll probably pick up another to keep. But running around to these Redboxes gave me a little of that old school Blockbuster used game sale vibe. It was like old times.

I wish I knew about the Zelda Twilight Princess sale at Best Buy. Right now it is not available in any local stores until tomorrow at which point I assume the sale is over. Very sneaky Best Buy - I've never seen them do that before (say that it will be available tomorrow but I can't order it at the sale price now).
What was this Zelda sale?

I can only go to so many Gamestops within my vicinity returning PS4s. I may have took advantage of getting rid of some xbox ones earlier. :whistle2:

No, but considering how many people are getting warned about it and how the cashier and I did discuss this. Apparently the promotion/return has been widely abuse (including myself) to the point that the head honchos are actually contacting their managers putting warnings on workers who are accepting full returns on promotion trade-in purchases. At this point it's safe to assume that a store wide policy in this regards wouldn't be too far off at this rate. Then again the cashier might be bullshitting me. Who knows?
Probably DM's pushing it. If they see a spike it in returns, that's probably what's pushing the move. I always hear about how I am the only one taking advantage of the trade promos. My main store is a little slack because they didn't know about Amazon getting pulled until I told them.

I also got some Xbox Live codes for $30 :whistle2:

Dang $32 with GCU? Sucks I missed it.
Yep. It was mentioned multiple times today in the thread. Just get it shipped if you missed getting it in the store. My store claims it's out of stock, but I saw 5 left after I bought 2 of them. I'll just get them to adjust the in-store pick up for the 3rd one tomorrow.

Yep. It was mentioned multiple times today in the thread. Just get it shipped if you missed getting it in the store. My store claims it's out of stock, but I saw 5 left after I bought 2 of them. I'll just get them to adjust the in-store pick up for the 3rd one tomorrow.
It's back at $59.99 on the website.

When I looked earlier they did not have a store pickup option. I should have gotten one for shipping but oh well.

Take a hairdryer to the disk for ~30 seconds and the sticker should peel right off with at least most of the sticky. You have a short window before the sticker gets disagreeable, so make sure to play the Mission Impossible theme while you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back