GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a bunch of Nintendo games during the B2G1 and 2 of them are defective. 

Splatoon won't get past the initial launch screen and my Wii U won't even read the Mario Kart 8 disc. Good thing I tried them out, but now I'll have to make another trip back to GS. 

Splatoon won't get past the initial launch screen and my Wii U won't even read the Mario Kart 8 disc. Good thing I tried them out, but now I'll have to make another trip back to GS.
I have bought probably 25 used Wii U games and only 3 of them worked. I stopped trying because it doesn't matter where you get them they just seem to have issues.

I had a similar experience with the Pokken game that I purchased. The disc appeared to be flawless. I got it swapped out for a working copy

I've had issues with Wii U games as well. I went through 3 discs of Super Mario 3D World before I finally got one that worked and it's been fine for a year now.

Wii U discs aren't blu rays. And apparently buffing them kills them easily.
I hear GS refurbs them like blurays and that's why they don't work.

Edit:

Wii U discs are similar to bluray but the structure is proprietary so Nintendo does not have to pay licensing fees to Blu-ray Disc Association

better go test out my Splatoon disc as soon as I get home, I tend to keep re-buying my Wii U collection (mainly SSB, MK8, Splatoon, etc.) over and over because I keep flipping them back and forth and never actually test them out to see if they actually work.

Wow okay thanks. I might avoid trading in and rebuying my Nintendo collection next time since I thought they were Blu Ray and the odds of getting a damaged one were slim.

Has anybody tried to buy eBay gift cards with GS gift cards today? I just tried at a store I've never had problems with and was told the register wouldn't let the transaction through.

So I have some free codes that I don't want.

Nuk3town map for XB1:

66WG9-HY3RY-79HXQ-XCQ3R-RFHH? ? is last letter of alphabet

FPMMK-XPXC3-2VRJ2-FP2W7-HY6W? ? is last letter of alphabet

GGTG4-K9KM4-Y9JRP-CYKQF-6KQ4? ? is last letter of alphabet

Darkrai code:

A5Z3LNFSG8QUCAH? ? is the sqrt of 4

Just purchased 2 gift cards a few hours ago. I'm in virginia.
Huh. I tried at another store and had the same problem. I've got one more GameStop that I'll try when I get the chance, but I think that for now I might end up canceling the GS gift cards I ordered from eBay.

Looks like the GameStop Summer sale starts next Monday, 7/11. I haven't found out much yet, but I'll keep you guys posted.
I got the flier for it about a week ago.

Looks very weak so far, 15% off all previous gen plus Wii U games when you buy 3 or more. Free preowned Wii U mgame with purchase of preowned Wii U.

Huh. I tried at another store and had the same problem. I've got one more GameStop that I'll try when I get the chance, but I think that for now I might end up canceling the GS gift cards I ordered from eBay.
Try and see if you can actually see the screen denying it, not just taking the employees word on it.

Welp, being a squeaky wheel got some results on the shitty coupon front.  DM called me today about the poorly worded MLB coupon and she actually agreed with me on the issue, saying they've been trying for months to get corporate to fix the problem by either rewording or making them work with new and used.

She talked to other regional DM's and all Pittsburgh-area stores are now supposed to be manually overriding the coupons if they don't specify between new and used.  Additionally, since the now-nearest used copy of MLB is an hour away, she called my closest store and instructed them to sell me a new copy for $14.99 (the price the used copy would have been after coupon).

Welp, being a squeaky wheel got some results on the shitty coupon front. DM called me today about the poorly worded MLB coupon and she actually agreed with me on the issue, saying they've been trying for months to get corporate to fix the problem by either rewording or making them work with new and used.

She talked to other regional DM's and all Pittsburgh-area stores are now supposed to be manually overriding the coupons if they don't specify between new and used. Additionally, since the now-nearest used copy of MLB is an hour away, she called my closest store and instructed them to sell me a new copy for $14.99 (the price the used copy would have been after coupon).
How did you manage to get ahold of the DM?

New items were added to the coupons section. Like a gold wireless headset, 2tb xbox hard drive.
Where can I find this coupon for gold headset? Looking at their site and my poweruprewards and don't see anything, I am probably just totally dumb and missing it.

Edit. Also not sure where you guys are getting the coupon for MLB.

Where can I find this coupon for gold headset? Looking at their site and my poweruprewards and don't see anything, I am probably just totally dumb and missing it.

I go on the app. It's under power up rewards redeem then coupons.

The Gold Headset is 95k points.

Looks like gift card purchases are dead in my store. Currently been told they are getting a message Everytime they try to scan my gift card. They are currently trying to call corporate to override it since their manager is not answering

Looks like gift card purchases are dead in my store. Currently been told they are getting a message Everytime they try to scan my gift card. They are currently trying to call corporate to override it since their manager is not answering
This seems to be popping up at various districts. Pretty ominous sign there.

I hope I get my GS gcs and am able to cash out on eBay gcs in time before its blocked locally, I'd rather not be stuck with a lot of GS credit. The points earned from buying eBay gcs was pretty nice though, will be sad to see the free points go away when it does eventually stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back