GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I confirmed that Gamestop as a whole has stopped selling Amazon / Kindle Cards. I have a friend who worked there and I asked him why he said "Gamestop higher ups has found out people are using Gamestop credit to purchase Amazon cards to buy games from Amazon".

Sorry folks... no more Amazon cards :(
you are kind of late.

I confirmed that Gamestop as a whole has stopped selling Amazon / Kindle Cards. I have a friend who worked there and I asked him why he said "Gamestop higher ups has found out people are using Gamestop credit to purchase Amazon cards to buy games from Amazon".

Did you hear about those poor miners in Chile?

Damn, Vanacloud with the exclusive! You heard it here first

My local GS still has them. (Houston)

I may just trade my stuff in now for eBay cards while I still can (NYC?). Something tells me that if we do have a 50% trade in promo this month, store credit to eBay cards wont work by then at any location.

So my haul from the b2g1 came in. 15 vita games

3 came in original cases (but one was for the wrong game)
9 came in crappy cases
3 came in a tiny clear plastic container.

Same here I only do in store.

I'm only 4 games away for a complete vita NA release.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I dont think ive ever received a complete ds game from an online gs order. My favorite is when there is no label on the cartridge and then in black marker the title is written. I received a mega man and bass for the gba title like that. Good times with gs.

It was a heck of a run. Thanks GS for all the free games and funny money!! if only best buy would step up their trade in values/bonuses I wouldn't feel so bad as you can still buy ebay cards with credit there, but they've been shit for a while now :/

Well this is weird. On the walmart site, it says my game has been returned but a few hours later, I got a message saying its ready to pick up.

Next news bits of note:

* Water is wet.

* Ice is frozen.

* Fire can burn.

* Snape killed Dumbledore.

* Vader is Luke's father.

Alright can anyone who works or knows someone who does confirm WTF gift cards work on then other than over priced used games?

Because as usual GS employee's are acting like they don't know anything and are blanking out everything. 'All cards' I was told don't work with gift cards and they wouldn't even let me swipe them.

I went to a couple of stores in South Florida and they both denied freaking STEAM and even an XBOX LIVE sub.

WTH. I get eBay, Amazon and even Subway or whatever....but GAME related stuff? Seriously GAMESTOP?????

Did I just get employee's acting crazy or whats the Policy? I called Corporate and after almost an hour waiting to get someone on the line the overseas people didn't know how to answer what the new policy is and that's corporate.

Alright can anyone who works or knows someone who does confirm WTF gift cards work on then other than over priced used games?

Because as usual GS employee's are acting like they don't know anything and are blanking out everything. 'All cards' I was told don't work with gift cards and they wouldn't even let me swipe them.

I went to a couple of stores in South Florida and they both denied freaking STEAM and even an XBOX LIVE sub.

WTH. I get eBay, Amazon and even Subway or whatever....but GAME related stuff? Seriously GAMESTOP?????

Did I just get employee's acting crazy or whats the Policy? I called Corporate and after almost an hour waiting to get someone on the line the overseas people didn't know how to answer what the new policy is and that's corporate.
i can confirm this happened at my home store, try asking if they can print the code on the receipt and you pay for it that way.

Ebay GC with trade credit still work in Indiana as of about a hour ago. 

I plan to hold on to a little bit of GS credit just it case maybe one day GS will have something worth buying. If anything at least i could look at flipping games to get free MTG packs.

i can confirm this happened at my home store, try asking if they can print the code on the receipt and you pay for it that way.
You mean have them buy it through their system instead of a card? I can try but....

Like this wasn't denied by the computer with a pop up saying "not a valid payment" (which happened to me BTW the day before at a totally different store trying to get an eBay card), the employee's at the two stores I went to were acting as if the gift card had a disease and wouldn't work with me at all on this.

Its ridiculous because like I told Corporate, I can walk into Best Buy and Walmart and buy an XBOX LIVE or PSN card ...heck even a Blizzard WARCRAFT subscription card no problem with a gift card from them....

Why is GAMESTOP acting this way towards GAME related stuff???

I am just frustrated so I apologize ahead of time if I sound slightly 'irked'.

Ebay GC with trade credit still work in Indiana as of about a hour ago.

I plan to hold on to a little bit of GS credit just it case maybe one day GS will have something worth buying. If anything at least i could look at flipping games to get free MTG packs.
From what I am seeing happening in my neck of the woods (South Florida) I'd GTFO of dodge while you still can. Once that hammer drops on the POS system you are stuck.

you sound slightly irked.
LOL. Well, it was bad enough that I missed the STEAM summer sale because I was on vacation. I come back to grab a card and get something only to be told that my credit is no good. :wall: I am going to go to another store tomorrow and hope that its just employee's unaware of what is allowed and what isn't. So to be safe they just blanket everything instead of actually knowing what is actually 'banned'. Like I said before, Corporate was clueless and didn't answer anything one way or the other. All they wanted was to get my info so that I could talk to a DM. I am not even sure that would do anything as I know a former store manager that had the guy as his boss for a month before they moved the DM to another spot and he tells me the DM in this area is a moron.

Another credit moving opportunity: A used copy of Transformers Devastation (PS4, X1) is $15.74 (PUR) at GS and trades in for $15.40 (GCU) at BB

Update on that Walmart order

I went today to go pick it up, system said that it was suppose to be returned but also be ready to picked up. 5 minutes later, manager said I can keep the game and the refund for going through the trouble with them.

Update on that Walmart order

I went today to go pick it up, system said that it was suppose to be returned but also be ready to picked up. 5 minutes later, manager said I can keep the game and the refund for going through the trouble with them.
I just got an email saying it was ready for pickup. I'll head that way around 3 and report back.

Sorry late updating the sheets, GS was probably doing server maintenance all morning, I was recieving random server timeouts on my side and it took over 4 hours to finish 1 scan (usually takes 30 minutes) with incomplete results. It is working now so I will have updates soon.

Jackbox party pack for 360 is clearanced 6.39 plus tax at BB. Trades in for $7.00 base. Also found ebay cards at my bb, so once gs dies, the party goes on at bb.

BB->GS mover Rise of the tomb raider(360) 16$ gcu- $19.80 GS w/o any extra bumps.
Jackbox party pack for 360 is clearanced 6.39 plus tax at BB. Trades in for $7.00 base.
wrong-way-sign.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back