GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
BB->GS mover Rise of the tomb raider(360) 16$ gcu- $19.80 GS w/o any extra bumps.

If you have any purchases left after last month/may
Not worth it now that you can't buy ebay or Amazon GC at GS, would need at least a 20% profit or more minimum to justify, plus got to factor in gas. Let's just call it at minimum 50% profit lol

Went to return 3 games today from the B2G1 and was at a store different than where I had originally purchased them. The manager was repeatedly asking why I couldn't go back to the original store to return them because they would take a 'hit' on the return. Didn't want to pick any fights so I left but that's a weird (unofficial) policy. I understand sales are good and returns are bad but they're all under the same company.

Went to return 3 games today from the B2G1 and was at a store different than where I had originally purchased them. The manager was repeatedly asking why I couldn't go back to the original store to return them because they would take a 'hit' on the return. Didn't want to pick any fights so I left but that's a weird (unofficial) policy. I understand sales are good and returns are bad but they're all under the same company.
Because some DMs are complete jackasses that should never run a customer oriented company.

Had that happen once a couple years back. Dude had the nerve to say "You always come to my store to do returns", I literally had been in that store on 2 or 3 occasions in the many years I had lived there, and only did that one return.

He even called up the original store to make sure everything was legit and I wasn't trying to cheat the system.

All under the same company but each store is judged individually. It's dumb and not fair but I also don't blame them for trying to stop you from returning it. I blame the higher ups.

Was denied a trade-in for the second time ever today, due to to same junior detective SGA. The first time, last year he denied a trade on the third party power adapter. Fine, no argument. Now he has transferred to another store, and they denied me today (even though he wasn't there) because the controlers I bought from him last week I traded in at another store.

You would think that once you bought something it is your property to do with as you please, and in any case I only help their numbers with trade-ins and pre-owned purchases. Pretty ticked off that I have to cross that store off.

Was denied a trade-in for the second time ever today, due to to same junior detective SGA. The first time, last year he denied a trade on the third party power adapter. Fine, no argument. Now he has transferred to another store, and they denied me today (even though he wasn't there) because the controlers I bought from him last week I traded in at another store.

You would think that once you bought something it is your property to do with as you please, and in any case I only help their numbers with trade-ins and pre-owned purchases. Pretty ticked off that I have to cross that store off.
Dirty. Sounds like he was suspicious of you when you purchased the controllers and kept an eye on your account afterward. I still don't know what policy they would use to deny you a trade in though, as long as you're within the numbers requirement.

Dirty. Sounds like he was suspicious of you when you purchased the controllers and kept an eye on your account afterward. I still don't know what policy they would use to deny you a trade in though, as long as you're within the numbers requirement.
I just walked out. And my bet is that's what happened. Edit: and funny enough, the store I traded the controllers in to didn't deny me, and din't even say anything about it.

Their policy is that trades are always at their discretion.

Also im pretty sure trade ins help the stores overall numbers as it increases sales. Especially on items that sell well like controllers. Its weird when his stupidity is preventing every one from profiting in some manner including himself.

Used my trade credit for $100 ebay card two weeks ago with no problem went back to the same Gamestop today and tried to get another ebay card and swiped my trade credit card and it was denied. Went to another one to see if it was a just them and same thing happened this was in Columbia, SC.

OT, but does anyone know a legit site where I can get amazon credit paying with paypal/ebay? I forgot I had my no mans sky LE pre-ordered with them.

So on the gamestop website mainpage. It says "preowned Xbox One and Playstation 4 consoles starting at 219.99" So where the  fuck  is the $220 PS4??!! nerd rage activate.

So on the gamestop website mainpage. It says "preowned Xbox One and Playstation 4 consoles starting at 219.99" So where the fuck is the $220 PS4??!! nerd rage activate.
I read that today and pretty much thought the same thing. The wording is a bit off, but could be unintentional. If they decide they like the tactic, maybe next time they'll say "preowned Xbox One games and consoles starting at $4.99!"

OT, but does anyone know a legit site where I can get amazon credit paying with paypal/ebay? I forgot I had my no mans sky LE pre-ordered with them.
Check ebay. Occasionally some pop up for the amount on the card, and sometimes they're a little bit over the amount.

I bought a eBay card with a combination of pur card balance + gift card + trade credit card today in Hawaii. Trying to cash out whatever credit I have now since I'm expecting some GS gcs from that deal the other day.

Give it a month before buying eBay cards with trade or gift cards is dead

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I finally got shipping notice from cardency this morning. Bah! Also picked up my used copy of COD BOPS yesterday from walmart. Looks brand new lol. Not bad for $5.

Give it a month before buying eBay cards with trade or gift cards is dead

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Supposedly the 24th, so it'll be 2.5 more weeks before it's going to be dead company-wide.

Supposedly, of course. We'll know when we get mass failures across numerous CAGs on or about that date.

So I ordered Overwatch online last weekend during the B2G1 but my Overwatch PS4 copy came as FFXIII: LR for the PS3 (dafuq)! Got to wait on hold for 30 minutes over the phone for a rep to tell me to ship the game back and I’d get a replacement game sent out. Apparently, the SKU for the game was screwed up internally last week so that’s why I received the FF game. So anybody that happened to buy a preowned Overwatch online last weekend should be on a lookout when their order arrives.

Damn, why would they remove Wii U games from the system? It's still technically current gen
Update on this: Game & Wario and Wii Sports Club aren't on the website or app, but employees can look them up in the store computer. There happened to be a copy of each about 20 miles away from me so I had them both shipped to my store. As a Wii U collector I'm not even messing around with these two anymore; the only way to get them other than GS is to pay well above MSRP online or get incredibly lucky and find a copy at a mom and pop used game store. For anyone else semi-interested in getting these two games, I would do it now.

Update on this: Game & Wario and Wii Sports Club aren't on the website or app, but employees can look them up in the store computer. There happened to be a copy of each about 20 miles away from me so I had them both shipped to my store. As a Wii U collector I'm not even messing around with these two anymore; the only way to get them other than GS is to pay well above MSRP online or get incredibly lucky and find a copy at a mom and pop used game store. For anyone else semi-interested in getting these two games, I would do it now.
What's the price on those two? I plan on owning a Wii U someday.

I had 2 copies of the Game & Wario at a walmart in the area for $30

Are any gift cards other than ebay going to be denied when this rolls out? I was hoping to get some starbucks and subway but later this month.

What's the price on those two? I plan on owning a Wii U someday.
Pretty sure it's $35.99 for Wii Sports Club and $27.99 for Game & Wario, compared to about double that on Amazon for sealed copies

I had 2 copies of the Game & Wario at a walmart in the area for $30
Recently though? About a year or a year and a half ago several Walmarts had it at $30, but not anymore. I also checked on Brickseek and none show up near me

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back