GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure it's $35.99 for Wii Sports Club and $27.99 for Game & Wario, compared to about double that on Amazon for sealed copies

Recently though? About a year or a year and a half ago several Walmarts had it at $30, but not anymore. I also checked on Brickseek and none show up near me
There's a walmart near me on brickseek that apparently has 2 or more at $29.96 right now.

Pretty sure it's $35.99 for Wii Sports Club and $27.99 for Game & Wario, compared to about double that on Amazon for sealed copies

Recently though? About a year or a year and a half ago several Walmarts had it at $30, but not anymore. I also checked on Brickseek and none show up near me
Yes when Walmart was clearancing out vita cards 3 months ago I came across two copies. Picked up one but didn't do anything with it. I returned it two weeks ago

Anyone know the base trade values for the Xbox slim and Xbox one ac adapters?
I'm wondering this myself as well.

On a similar note, Does anyone know if dualshock4's hold their value well? I'm hoping they do in order to maximize the profit for next GS +50% extra boost. I nabbed 3 controllers during this last B2G1 for about $35 each and one of the 3 looks to be a spankin new magma red version, looks mighty sweet, I might end up keeping it depending on its "flippability"

Ordered a bunch of games online for the B2G1, when I opened the package I saw a copy of MAG thrown in and thought maybe a store had one lying around and decided to throw it in there since it's been out of the system for a few years now. Then I realized there was no Magus in the box, and sure enough, MAG had a Magus tag on it. I really should start recording unboxing videos, I have a feeling the store near me isn't going to believe it.

Man I wonder who actually launders money around using GS. It's honestly a good system, but damn criminals had to ruin the fun for us :(
Toys R Us has been the same way for a while now, can't even get PSN/XBL cards with store credit. Return fraud is very rampant there, so I'm not really surprised.

Toys R Us has been the same way for a while now, can't even get PSN/XBL cards with store credit. Return fraud is very rampant there, so I'm not really surprised.
How is that possible? None of my TRU stores will even talk to me about returns unless I have a receipt.

Don't a lot of stores now require ID which they input into the system to prevent mass returns and return fraud or are you talking about the act of buying something, picking up the same item from within the store and returning it. I believe it is return fraud but I prefer to call that theft. if not then are people buying it cheaper elsewhere then use receipts they find in the dumpster to return things. Maybe my area just isn't that bad but besides blocking recieptless returns it should be fine.

Currently dead in the central coast area in CA. Girl was confused because the system wouldnt let it through. Tried both gift card and trade credit on ebay.

I used a return that I bought with trade credit for a $20 psn and $25 Xbox card yesterday. It got me thinking. When returning, does it still block a gc purchase in the same transaction? Because there's no need to provide payment if the credit is in the pos at that time.

I used a return that I bought with trade credit for a $20 psn and $25 Xbox card yesterday. It got me thinking. When returning, does it still block a gc purchase in the same transaction? Because there's no need to provide payment if the credit is in the pos at that time.
I had actually considered that the other day. Not worth trying for me because I don't buy ebay cards, but someone else might want to try.

I had actually considered that the other day. Not worth trying for me because I don't buy ebay cards, but someone else might want to try.
Actually, yes it still blocks it. I also tried cancelling a Pop preorder when the ebay card was still in the transaction and it still wouldn't let the transaction go through.

Few Free DLC I came across when I was cleaning up, since these are PS4 & Xbox figured I would post here...

PS4 - The Dreadful Crimes (might be exired) MBL4-52NB-47CJ

PS4 - AC SYNDICATE - DARWIN & DICKENS NHKD-ETN7-2LGD

XBOX ONE - AC SYNDICATE - DARWIN & DICKENS - F2KJ7-K6T7C-Y7MKQ-CVRKR-V2T4Z

PS4 - JUST CAUSE 3 DAY ONE EDITION - PRTA-PKN5-67K7

Hope someone can use them...

Few Free DLC I came across when I was cleaning up, since these are PS4 & Xbox figured I would post here...

PS4 - The Dreadful Crimes (might be exired) MBL4-52NB-47CJ

PS4 - AC SYNDICATE - DARWIN & DICKENS NHKD-ETN7-2LGD

XBOX ONE - AC SYNDICATE - DARWIN & DICKENS - F2KJ7-K6T7C-Y7MKQ-CVRKR-V2T4Z

PS4 - JUST CAUSE 3 DAY ONE EDITION - PRTA-PKN5-67K7

Hope someone can use them...
Thanks. I used the PS4 Darwin & Dickens code.

Don't a lot of stores now require ID which they input into the system to prevent mass returns and return fraud or are you talking about the act of buying something, picking up the same item from within the store and returning it. I believe it is return fraud but I prefer to call that theft. if not then are people buying it cheaper elsewhere then use receipts they find in the dumpster to return things. Maybe my area just isn't that bad but besides blocking recieptless returns it should be fine.
People will steal baby items/Thomas the Tank Engine items/portable bluetooth speakers (high value/small shit) and return it to another TRU. It's painfully obvious because it's always small shit you know they easily slipped into their bag or pocket, but you can't do anything but fill out a report after the return. I was always under the impression there was no returns at all without a receipt, until I started working there. I assumed most people would get their merchandise card and walk across the street to GameStop to cash out lol.

Well, looks like flipping is over entirely for me here. That   fuck head informed the managers of every store in the city to not allow trade-ins from me or return without a receipt from that specific store.

Hopefully I get that new job and hop states.

I walk into a different store than the last one I talked about, say I want to trade some games in. He says he can't accept trades or returns without a receipt from that store because I bought from one store and traded to another. I say that doesn't make an sense, responds it doesn't have to make sense, we're not playing that anymore. And then the bit of every manager in the city knowing my name and to refuse trades.

I walk into a different store than the last one I talked about, say I want to trade some games in. He says he can't accept trades or returns without a receipt from that store because I bought from one store and traded to another. I say that doesn't make an sense, responds it doesn't have to make sense, we're not playing that anymore. And then the bit of every manager in the city knowing my name and to refuse trades.
How much GS to GS flipping have you done?

If not that much you could always do a survey and ask for the DM to contact you.

That's really shitty, I'd probably say fuck it and bust out the glitter at that point. He's a GameStop employee, he doesn't get to make witty remarks like that.

How much GS to GS flipping have you done?

If not that much you could always do a survey and ask for the DM to contact you.
I've done quite a bit. I did enough in May to get a PS4 and several games, and this month I turned 250 into 380... less now that I can't complete the last of those trades, at least without driving to another town.

Edit: And I haven't been getting powerup coupons at all since I renewed my membership. GS customer service was completely unhelpful with that as well.

Cant you just have a friend/family member trade in the rest of your stuff? I do that sometimes when I have multiples
No family here, and only friends are fellow graduates that have already moved.

I'll just drive over to the next town during the next 50% bonus. No ban on buying here!

I've done quite a bit. I did enough in May to get a PS4 and several games, and this month I turned 250 into 380... less now that I can't complete the last of those trades, at least without driving to another town.

Edit: And I haven't been getting powerup coupons at all since I renewed my membership. GS customer service was completely unhelpful with that as well.

Damn man. You should really think about changing your name and plastic surgery.

Nintendo doesn't seem willing to attach games to an account like everyone else in the industry. They prefer to tie it to hardware.

One of the reasons I never trust them to wipe my systems that I trade in. I always wipe it myself and then create a "user1" account for them to test a game on before I go to the store.
I purchased a pre-owned Forza edition Xbox One in May that is still activated as someone's home system. I can't see or access their account, but the live subscription and a shitload of games (over 70) were ready to install. I was flabbergasted.

Does that mean someone can buy games on the Eshop with their account, format the system, sell it and the new owner can set up their new account and redownload the eshop games?

Does that mean someone can buy games on the Eshop with their account, format the system, sell it and the new owner can set up their new account and redownload the eshop games?
IIRC, the only reason Mario Kart 7 stayed is because most 2DSs came with it installed and the original owner didn't do a transfer. So no, I don't think any other games will work like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back