GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to purchase an eBay GC at a store in Orlando, FL after being system denied in Titusville,FL. Weird.
Probably falls under different districts. My city has 2 GameStop that fall under 2 different districts. It confused the hell out of me that one required Id for trade ins and the other didnt. One of them accepts gift cards still, the other one doesn't.

IIRC, the only reason Mario Kart 7 stayed is because most 2DSs came with it installed and the original owner didn't do a transfer. So no, I don't think any other games will work like that.
Yep (except for the transfer part):

3DS systems that have a game factory pre-installed will not transfer to another system, but the game will be available to re-download for the life of that system, regardless of the account that's on it. Some systems, like the ZeldaXL, came with a voucher code rather than a pre-installel copy of ALBW, so you won't get a free game there, but the MarioXL had NSMB2 pre-installed.

This info is accurate until Nintendo decides to change policies again for the umpteenth time.

Yep (except for the transfer part):

3DS systems that have a game factory pre-installed will not transfer to another system, but the game will be available to re-download for the life of that system, regardless of the account that's on it. Some systems, like the ZeldaXL, came with a voucher code rather than a pre-installel copy of ALBW, so you won't get a free game there, but the MarioXL had NSMB2 pre-installed.

This info is accurate until Nintendo decides to change policies again for the umpteenth time.
They must've changed it. I have transferred games that came with the systems.

They must've changed it. I have transferred games that came with the systems.
Maybe they let you do both (which would be good), but that doesn't sound like Nintendo. at. all.

I guess the real question is: has anyone bought a used system that had a factory-installed game that WASN'T able to be re-downloaded on the e-shop? I remember being in a thread with those who had the exact dillema of having an old 3DS MK7 (pre-installed) system interested in upgrading to an XL, but they weren't able to carry over MK7 because it was stuck to the console and not tied to their account at all.

I just noticed I got a negative balance on my gs credit card for returning 3 games (1 was free) and they had to suspend it to do the transaction on the other system so I got money back from the free game. Now did that employee just mess up the return or was it the system?

I just noticed I got a negative balance on my gs credit card for returning 3 games (1 was free) and they had to suspend it to do the transaction on the other system so I got money back from the free game. Now did that employee just mess up the return or was it the system?
No, the employees messed up.

Nashville area use of trade credit to purchase eBay cards is dead. I've tried at 2 stores, both after doing trades. The first store didn't even try, the clerk next to the one I was dealing with reminded the one I was dealing with that they couldn't do it (the one that did the reminding was the same one that previously told me that his store won't take Redbox games). That was yesterday. Today I went to a different store, and the clerk initially got an alert that they couldn't sell an eBay card in the same transaction as a trade. So she put the credit on a trade card and then tried to use it to pay for the eBay card, but the system blocked it. I didn't try any other type of POS card.

ok i went to my store today and they were willingly able to sell the ebay GC's. I attempted to use the 20% extra credit for preordering the division dlc. They called support and couldn't do it. They manually adjusted ONE game only. I was furious and will never trade there again

If anyone was curious about the $90 in rewards certificates for $30, the guy sends you 3 different certificates AND an account to use them on. No idea if he works customer support and steals the info/he's making them himself but he's sold 27 so far. I decided to be a guinea pig and buy one, took 41 hours to receive the codes (despite the listing touting a quick turnaround and being in contact with the seller), and when I went to use one of the codes the POS said it had already been redeemed. He said he'd send me a new one, so I'm wondering if it's going to be on a new account, or generated for the same one he gave me.

Worst case scenario, I have to file a dispute with PayPal, but it's better than a lifetime ban from GS. I'll keep everyone updated.

If anyone was curious about the $90 in rewards certificates for $30, the guy sends you 3 different certificates AND an account to use them on. No idea if he works customer support and steals the info/he's making them himself but he's sold 27 so far. I decided to be a guinea pig and buy one, took 41 hours to receive the codes (despite the listing touting a quick turnaround and being in contact with the seller), and when I went to use one of the codes the POS said it had already been redeemed. He said he'd send me a new one, so I'm wondering if it's going to be on a new account, or generated for the same one he gave me.

Worst case scenario, I have to file a dispute with PayPal, but it's better than a lifetime ban from GS. I'll keep everyone updated.
We're effed when it comes to our information being stolen and resold. Or whatever other effed up thing people do. Someone keeps trying to phish me in everyway lately (phone calls, emails, texts). Lazy idiots.

We're effed when it comes to our information being stolen and resold. Or whatever other effed up thing people do. Someone keeps trying to phish me in everyway lately (phone calls, emails, texts). Lazy idiots.
Couldn't you get a lifetime ban for using someone's account and certificates assuming it was stolen and resold. I highly doubt Gamestop looks kindly at people using other people's points and or trade credit then again with how they treat lost trade credit maybe they don't care much at all.

Couldn't you get a lifetime ban for using someone's account and certificates assuming it was stolen and resold. I highly doubt Gamestop looks kindly at people using other people's points and or trade credit then again with how they treat lost trade credit maybe they don't care much at all.
If Gamestop corporate folks are anything like the corporate folks from cable TV and the cinemas I have worked for, then I highly doubt they care. They only care when people get the media involved, "darn media".

I think it's more likely that I'd get a Moxieman ban (Moxieban?) where every GS in the city is told not to do business with me, because I'm an asshole that unknowingly used a stolen PUR account.

So I purchased the $90 savings certificates from Ebay for $30. I thought it was weird when he sent me a power up rewards pro number screenshot. Usually when I buy certs from my normal supplier, I just use my own pur account (my free one. I must be on my 17th free pur account now)

Anyway all 3 of the certs worked. I ordered them around 10pm and got them in an email about 6 hours later. I used the certs when GameStop opened just to be safe. I'm curious if he sends everyone the same pur account number or different ones. I wouldn't buy anymore from that guy.

So I purchased the $90 savings certificates from Ebay for $30. I thought it was weird when he sent me a power up rewards pro number screenshot. Usually when I buy certs from my normal supplier, I just use my own pur account (my free one. I must be on my 17th free pur account now)

Anyway all 3 of the certs worked. I ordered them around 10pm and got them in an email about 6 hours later. I used the certs when GameStop opened just to be safe. I'm curious if he sends everyone the same pur account number or different ones. I wouldn't buy anymore from that guy.
I bet this dude is using accounts that haven't been set up online for coupons. All you need to make a Gamestop.com/PUR account is the card number and phone number or email.

Or he's doing something else, I have no idea.

It's so disappointing to come to this thread now. Even with all the bonuses, for someone that can't convert that trade credit into eBay or Amazon -- it's nearly useless.

The only thing to look forward to is that trade-in bonus where credit = cash in the near future.

It's so disappointing to come to this thread now. Even with all the bonuses, for someone that can't convert that trade credit into eBay or Amazon -- it's nearly useless.

The only thing to look forward to is that trade-in bonus where credit = cash in the near future.
I assume we can still trade toward XBL or PSN credit, so that's something..?

I was only able to get Xbox credit with both trade and a gs gift card. Not a big deal, just need to see what this summer sale is all about. The employee I've known for many years didn't have much of anything to say about it. I found Splinter Cell Conviction :360: for a dollar, condition was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back