GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Song of the Deep today and the CE is amazing looking for only 30

Also sold out online

4455bab93f00891eb9eefd42944c766d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

When I was in the store earlier they didn't try upselling me on Song of the Deep but tried upselling it to two who were military. Not uncommon, guess the employee didn't want me having the extra 20% of credit for my trade in. The employee pitched it as echo the dolphin. They should have used the fact that you are a submarine with a killer laser beam and also a chick. Even if what I'm saying is politically incorrect, it would have been a better pitch then echo.

I picked up my CE earlier and they tried to add the damn gameplay protection without it even saying it till I saw what the total would be. That shit really bothers me.

Damn it. I bought a pre-owned game from a store I don't frequent and when I looked down at the pinpad to pay, I noticed the guy had slipped in the 1 year game protection without so much as a word to me about it. It was so very slimy and I can't believe that there are employees who pull that kind of crap. Really makes me wonder how many other customers get jipped by employees because they have to make quotas.

Edit: I see AvengedBacklog had a similar encounter. That's some real shady $hit, GameStop!

Does anyone know if you needed to preorder to be able to pickup song of the deep today?

Website says just be a PUR member but the guy at the store said I had to preorder

It's still available at Barnes & Noble for $24, I added a $2 dog book to get free shipping.

...unless I missed something about the listing being an error and my order is going to get cancelled.

Damn it. I bought a pre-owned game from a store I don't frequent and when I looked down at the pinpad to pay, I noticed the guy had slipped in the 1 year game protection without so much as a word to me about it. It was so very slimy and I can't believe that there are employees who pull that kind of crap. Really makes me wonder how many other customers get jipped by employees because they have to make quotas.

Edit: I see AvengedBacklog had a similar encounter. That's some real shady $hit, GameStop!
I had the same exact experience a couple weeks back. IT was one I frequent too. He added the game protection, and then started looking for the disks to put in the cases. I always look at the pinpad so I saw this and kindly waiting until he came back with my games. I imagine he was hoping I would swipe while he was away and did not notice the extra fee. When He came back I nicely told him I didnt want those.

He said, "oh-um" thats what they are having us do now, I was gonna tell you before you paid if you wanted it or not. :(

I was nice about it and said I understood how it was like to work for someone else.

Still shady as fuck tho!

I've heard that pre-orders have been stopped at the moment, but it was possible.
I actually want one (to rock, of course) even though at first I thought it was dumb that people would pay 34.99 for an app accessory. But anything with a brand sells of course, and it actually would be kinda useful to have so I don't have to look at my phone all the time.

I'm just glad I can actually want one of these since PGO has literally everyone at my job playing it!

When returning a set of games from the B2G1, the employee somehow gave me full credit back for the free game. I thought it would automatically zero out at the end but it didn't and I didn't want to tell him how to do his job. It seems they slightly updated the POS software at least in my area; the image displayed showing the total looked different.

I actually want one (to rock, of course) even though at first I thought it was dumb that people would pay 34.99 for an app accessory. But anything with a brand sells of course, and it actually would be kinda useful to have so I don't have to look at my phone all the time.

I'm just glad I can actually want one of these since PGO has literally everyone at my job playing it!
I work at a Hospital and there are TONS of kids and adult patients playing it lol

I work at a Hospital and there are TONS of kids and adult patients playing it lol
I'm an attorney and I spent about an hour at lunch time walking around Downtown Cleveland with several other attorneys catching pokemon and talking to strangers. We found a Tauros outside of a lure zone and people started running over. I cannot believe how fun it is!!

#TeamYellow

It's still available at Barnes & Noble for $24, I added a $2 dog book to get free shipping.

...unless I missed something about the listing being an error and my order is going to get cancelled.
I am wondering this also, if this will be the collectors edition

A coworker and I walked a trail around a park in business casual clothes in freaking Texas during our lunch break. There were 11 stops and someone used a lure. We got a bunch of EXP and an Abra and Dratini. Worth it!

I had the same exact experience a couple weeks back. IT was one I frequent too. He added the game protection, and then started looking for the disks to put in the cases. I always look at the pinpad so I saw this and kindly waiting until he came back with my games. I imagine he was hoping I would swipe while he was away and did not notice the extra fee. When He came back I nicely told him I didnt want those.

He said, "oh-um" thats what they are having us do now, I was gonna tell you before you paid if you wanted it or not. :(

I was nice about it and said I understood how it was like to work for someone else.

Still shady as fuck tho!
If that ever happened to me I would DESTROY them on the survey. That shit is fucked

Scuttlebutt from my store is if anyone takes a new game to the counter, the associate is to sell a used copy instead.  Don't even ask, just ring it up.  I've walked out of Gamestops when switcheroos get pulled before, and I sure will continue to do so.

Plus side, is game shops seem to be Pokemon hotspots, so at least it's not a total wash going there.

#VforVictory #TeamValor

Thanks, Leecy.

Free 2 day shipping on orders over $50...so I nabbed 3.
Why? No one is actually paying those prices on eBay for them. A quick search revealed that only like 4 ps4 copies have "sold" at more than $50, all of which have been relisted because they didn't actually sell.

Scuttlebutt from my store is if anyone takes a new game to the counter, the associate is to sell a used copy instead. Don't even ask, just ring it up. I've walked out of Gamestops when switcheroos get pulled before, and I sure will continue to do so.

Plus side, is game shops seem to be Pokemon hotspots, so at least it's not a total wash going there.

#VforVictory #TeamValor
That's some shitty behavior right there. That would be grounds to burn them on a survey, especially if they snuck in a GameGuard on that same "newsed" copy.

Scuttlebutt from my store is if anyone takes a new game to the counter, the associate is to sell a used copy instead. Don't even ask, just ring it up. I've walked out of Gamestops when switcheroos get pulled before, and I sure will continue to do so.

#VforVictory #TeamValor
Wait... do you mean you are charged the used price, or that they are intentionally charging you full price for a product they know has been traded in?

i was told by a store manager in my area that dms dont want them to do that. Dms are just on everyones asses to have the statistics for gpgs at his store at or above above 30%. The employees just do that as a means to get their numbers up.

Wait... do you mean you are charged the used price, or that they are intentionally charging you full price for a product they know has been traded in?
I'm sure they ring up as used, since that's of more benefit to them. I don't agree with the practice, but since you can return used games I find it less irritating than when they give take the complete used copy you picked up off the shelf, and try to stick you with a shitty generic box with no art or book.

Picked up my Somg of the Deep CE, and associate tried to automatically add in the protection plan.

Nice try! By the way.... This is quite the CE for $30. Steelbook was an instabuy for me, and it is gorgeous.

At least they still ask me if I want the disc protection.  I don't think I would have the presence of mind to make sure they don't put it on their automatically, and I don't think I can see their screen unless they swivel it around or I go around the counter.

When they reprinted it all copies were opened before being put out.
IIRC didn't GameStop fund the reprint? In that case I can't really fault them. It's deceptive but I'd rather get a new game at the used price with the ability to use PUR and promos than not get it at all. Much better than the Digital Devil Saga reprints, when they actually sliced through the back of the cases (which is probably why this doesn't bother me in comparison)

IIRC didn't GameStop fund the reprint? In that case I can't really fault them. It's deceptive but I'd rather get a new game at the used price with the ability to use PUR and promos than not get it at all. Much better than the Digital Devil Saga reprints, when they actually sliced through the back of the cases (which is probably why this doesn't bother me in comparison)
Yes they did. They still jacked it up around $20 more than MSRP for new copies.

The used price was $80

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back