GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an email for Pro Day that says Mirror's Edge: Catalyst will be $39.99.
click on view more pro game deals, thing is it says starting at $14.99 which happens to be the price of mad max. it also says save up to $20, $39.99 is $20 off for mirror's edge and $14.99 is only saving $15 on mad max. bottom line mirror's edge will probably not be $15

GameStop PRO Day - 7/30

**20% Extra Credit: Offer valid 7/30/16 only. Valid for PowerUp Rewards Pro members only. Valid for game and accessory trades only. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Wonder if it will stack with 20% more trade in credit towards a No Man's Sky preorder...
Pro day is looking very lack luster save for the 20%

[attachment=23066:pro01.png]

[attachment=23067:pro02.png]

[attachment=23068:pro03.png]

it said start at 14.99 save up to $20 so mirror edge will be 39.99 since it is saving $20. gamestop probably messed up on only 14.99
Problem is the ad is misleading and says "Only $14.99" and lists both games, then below it says "Starting At"

Due to this, Gamestop will be forced to honor that price in certain states unless they post a correction/retraction.

Here's the prices from the email.

[attachment=23071:pro04.png]

I bought a blue eBay gift card at Best Buy yesterday using a gift card.

I bought a blue eBay gift card at Best Buy yesterday using a gift card.
Yeah I'm skeptical that there are any issues using gift cards at the moment. When Best Buy sold their prepaid VISA's, it took a long time for them to remove the gift card payment function in POS. It wasn't until a lot of people caught on the train and even then it took awhile before the POS was adjusted. The best thing we can do is for nobody to go crazy with lots of large purchases to draw more attention to this. I remember idiot cags on here spending thousands a day cashing out Amazon gift cards with credit thinking that kind of stuff was not going to draw any attention.

Yeah I'm skeptical that there are any issues using gift cards at the moment. When Best Buy sold their prepaid VISA's, it took a long time for them to remove the gift card payment function in POS. It wasn't until a lot of people caught on the train and even then it took awhile before the POS was adjusted. The best thing we can do is for nobody to go crazy with lots of large purchases to draw more attention to this. I remember idiot cags on here spending thousands a day cashing out Amazon gift cards with credit thinking that kind of stuff was not going to draw any attention.
And they only killed it with a completely new POS system, not just an update.

Can't wait to see what Saturday brings us...it's crazy I was just starting to run low on credit then the stealth bump happened and I easily replenished it. All hail Blackbeard!
Wow, you're pretty fucking stupid to not at least pick a new name to show back up again. :dunce:

Cheapest is a rotten piece of shit. You would think he would have moved on to other things already but he's still here trying to ruin shit three years after his ban. No matter how shitty your life is, you can always crack a smile and say "well, at least I'm not cheapest"

Did you actually see a screen that denies it or is it just the associate telling you so?

I bought 4 of the $50 eBay gift cards a few days ago with BB GC.

Another distinction to make is whether you are buying the $50 gift cards or if you are buying the blue one where you specify the amount? They might have discontinued those and that might be why you can't get them.
The guy tried it and nothing happened. Tried it again with different paper gift card and nothing. But didn't recognize the cashier so maybe was a new guy and didn't know what he was doing.

But 5 minutes earlier I bought a game from him using the same gift card. So he knows how to process a gift card payment.

Maybe he didn't ring up the DQ gift card properly. Who knows. I will try again later to see if it was just the cashier.

Gotta go back today anyway cause I was going to get a price match on FIFA 16 but f'n forgot my receipts. So annoying. But I am happy I traded in a few copies of FIFA 16 to GS last week even tho they were only $1 extra credit transfer because today they are $8-$10 lower today at BB.

Oh and same cashier didn't give me back my gc after my 1st transaction with him. I didn't realize until I got out to the parking lot. Had to go back in and it turns out he had it. I thought maybe I dropped it because I was looking at drones for awhile after I bought a game. But that's when I tried to buy a DQ card with it.

The guy tried it and nothing happened. Tried it again and nothing. But didn't recognize the cashier so maybe was a new guy and didn't know what he was doing.

But 5 minutes earlier I bought a game from him using the same gift card. So he knows how to process a gift card payment.

Maybe he didn't ring up the DQ gift card properly. Who knows. I will try again later to see if it was just the cashier.
With the 50 eBay GC I noticed the cashier had to scan 2 things per card. Maybe he messed up.

Lmao I'm not that neckbeard. Why are people even assuming that? Also Kotor, I think GCs are dead here in Raleigh. Gonna try Durham now. Any problems in Charlotte?
Matthews is dead but I haven't tried any other stores. I think they're on a different system though. The main guy there is also a tool now and tried to shut me down because the games looked "too new." It sucks because that's my main one but I'll just switch I guess.

If Bestbuy suddenly also stops POS GC to GC I suspect ebay had something to do with it. As it seems really funny that all of a sudden ebay decided to limit account use on ebay gift cards and the two biggest stores that people used for rolling ebay bucks also stop allowing gc to gc (assuming BB is starting that and it was just a cashier mistake), Also factor in there is no longer any authorized Target giftcard sellers and really seems like someone over at ebay put pressure on these stores. I can understand why as I was making 750-1000 a quarter roling on two accounts and I'm sure some people had 10, 20 or even more accounts doing it. Ebay beat it's sales estimates this last quarter as well. I wonder how much of it is fake rolling and bootleg alibaba crap. ;-)

Lmao I'm not that neckbeard. Why are people even assuming that? Also Kotor, I think GCs are dead here in Raleigh. Gonna try Durham now. Any problems in Charlotte?
If you're talking about Amazon cards, I bought a few $25 ones maybe a month ago at the Northlake location. Could only do 2 $25 denominations per transaction. Guy let me do as many transactions as I wanted, though.

WAs able to buy an EBay gift card at BB with another gift card so guess the cashier didn't know what he was doing earlier today.  So all is still good for now.  Thanks for the input.  

For those with a Five Below near them, they have a TMNT 3DS Dual Pack for $5 that trades for $9.10 after the 20% bump for easy flipping. I bought 3 at mine and traded one at the GS next door and am saving the other 2 for Pro day.

Man, even the Carson/Gardena (south Los Angeles) stores mentioned earlier in the thread are dead re: eBay cards now. That was my last hope.

Weird. They only throw out DS cases around here, not 3ds.
My store also chucks 3ds cases if they are from older 3ds game titles and those carts go in the glass case where the ds game carts are. The newer 3ds titles traded in they might keep the case on shelf for display by where the new 3ds games are.

Damn, now I have to decide if I want to trade in my Mario Maker that I got from the Best Buy sale last week ugh
If you plan to buy it again at some point I probably wouldn't. I think that's really the first significant sale the game had, definitely first sale in several months, and the trend on Wii U games lately has been that Nintendo is reverting back to it's old self and only offering their games for sale a couple times ever. Though being bumped to $30 if that stacks with the 20% on Saturday then you are talking about a $12 difference which makes it a much more challenging proposition. I still think we'd probably be lucky to see a holiday sale on it at $30 again though.

If you plan to buy it again at some point I probably wouldn't. I think that's really the first significant sale the game had, definitely first sale in several months, and the trend on Wii U games lately has been that Nintendo is reverting back to it's old self and only offering their games for sale a couple times ever. Though being bumped to $30 if that stacks with the 20% on Saturday then you are talking about a $12 difference which makes it a much more challenging proposition. I still think we'd probably be lucky to see a holiday sale on it at $30 again though.
Let alone $24 like it was recently priced at.

Skyward Sword, Rise of TR (X1) and Hyrule Warriors Legends, in addition to previously mentioned Mario Maker, have returned to last weekend's stealth bump values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back