GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Conway, AR no longer does eBay with trade credit. The dream is dead. This with Hastings going out of business marks my flipping days just about over. Hopefully Best Buy still allows eBay for a while.

The employees see what you reserved and where you reserved. Its a fact. Ive had multiple employees read my reserves and their locations numerous times. But it was along the lines like i betrayed them because i didnt reserve the game at their store.
Most likely only in the same district though. I work/live in two different districts and they can't see into each other's reservations.

Can anyone confirm how much you'll get out of trading a white 500GB model towards an S? Not gonna bother wasting gas, if they didn't bump up the $100 value. 

sad-panda.jpg

I just finished up at gamestop. They said I could only get 10% for cash and 20% for credit.

I showed the guy the app prices and he said they were wrong. After 3 minutes of arguing, 5 minutes of over riding prices, and 5 minutes of listening to th manager moaning and groaning I left with 20% extra in cash.

I just finished up at gamestop. They said I could only get 10% for cash and 20% for credit.

I showed the guy the app prices and he said they were wrong. After 3 minutes of arguing, 5 minutes of over riding prices, and 5 minutes of listening to th manager moaning and groaning I left with 20% extra in cash.
Wait, the cash values didn't get the 10% bump? Uh-oh.

Yea it does, but it takes 20% off the pro price instead of the reg price. The additional 10% is probably another ebc code.
So it takes normal 10% PUR off first then the 10% extra and then the 20% coupon?

I'm trying to get the sheet as correct as possible as the GS out in California don't open for a few hours.

Advice for newbies. Read before you post. Also if your that green your probably best not trying to flip and having your account banned because you didn't know. Personally with the no go on the extra 10% both ways for Proday and no more easy back to ebay gift cards I think it's not worth the few $ in trade credit today. As yes you can flip for a few bucks (also factor in all the back and fourth to different stores and gas used), but then what? You'll have to sit on Gamestop credit for a while. So I wouldn't suggest investing tons of real money today unless you are just churning gamestop credit you still have.

So it takes normal 10% PUR off first then the 10% extra and then the 20% coupon?
I'm trying to get the sheet as correct as possible as the GS out in California don't open for a few hours.
The way I read it is the 10% extra off/trade-in does not stack with anything. So retailmenot coupons and no mans sky trad-ins function the same as any other day, the only difference today is stealth bump. The sale prices dont seem to have affected used prices of the games either.

Thanks for the tip. Too bad I don't even know what number I used to register it with. I've always scanned my card. In your situation were you able to open up a new account with same DL and do trades?
Those accounts that are burned weren't tied to IDs and my town just started asking for ID for trades but it's not county wide yet. But yea I did open another pro account

No, the extra 10% off in addition to the 10% we get does not stack with the 20% coupon, at least for me. The extra 10% is not automatic so I'm guessing it's an ebc code since the manager had a set of ebc codes related to pro day sale. I purchased uncharted 4, the pre-owned price of 35.49 but the price after PUR card and retail me not was 25.58.

We would like 30% off 35.49 = 24.84.

Instead, we got 10% off 35.49 = 31.94 followed by 20% of 31.94 = 25.55 (the total on my receipt).

Sorry if my math is confusing.

Edit: Learned to read and answered wrong.

No, the extra 10% off in addition to the 10% we get does not stack with the 20% coupon, at least for me. The extra 10% is not automatic so I'm guessing it's an ebc code since the manager had a set of ebc codes related to pro day sale. I purchased uncharted 4, the pre-owned price of 35.49 but the price after PUR card and retail me not was 25.58.

We would like 30% off 35.49 = 24.84.

Instead, we got 10% off 35.49 = 31.94 followed by 20% of 31.94 = 25.55 (the total on my receipt).

Sorry if my math is confusing.

Edit: Learned to read and answered wrong.
So that is is 28% discount off the 35.49 regular used price
I assume tax was in that price?

Just call the store and ask about the Xbox one trade in and say you are a pro member. Some people are lazy af, btw you do get a bump in value for a console trade in.

make sure you get your TDs in:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8973043-gamestop-b-m-is-doing-a-4-for-40-deal-on-used-xbox-360-ps3-games-on-list-through-14-aug-16?p=87739491&utm_source=dealalerts&utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=214&utm_content=u1030215&utm_campaign=tu-9999&src=da_si_v2_10760030

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ila-hAUXR5U[/media]

So the first store I went to, the retail me not coupon and cash same as credit both worked. The second store neither one worked. The only difference in the process was at the first store they scanned the 10% bonus before the retail me not and the second store they did the opposite.

So either the order in which they scan matters or the second store hadn't updated their POS which seems unlikely.

So the first store I went to, the retail me not coupon and cash same as credit both worked. The second store neither one worked. The only difference in the process was at the first store they scanned the 10% bonus before the retail me not and the second store they did the opposite.

So either the order in which they scan matters or the second store hadn't updated their POS which seems unlikely.
It's likely the order. My employee scanned the 10% first and then used the RetailMeNot and it only applied the retailmenot. I was thinking it might have worked for both if he scanned it the other way around but I didnt want to hassle him.

I'll try at the next store and let you guys know if the order matters.

EDIT: my bad, I thought you were talking about the 10% proday with the retailmenot. Im still going to see if order matters for both promos

If any of you plan on trading in to GS today for cash, make sure to save the TIVs in the app beforehand. My transaction for $145.20 (after 20% bump) looked good after the employee scanned the PUR Day coupon (the additional 10% isn't automatic), but it dropped to $133.10 when the employee tried to select cash as the payout method. Thankfully she was cool and asked to take a picture of the saved trade value on my phone so she could show her boss, then gave me the $145.20 in cash. She definitely earned a positive survey.

If any of you plan on trading in to GS today for cash, make sure to save the TIVs in the app beforehand. My transaction for $145.20 (after 20% bump) looked good after the employee scanned the PUR Day coupon (the additional 10% isn't automatic), but it dropped to $133.10 when the employee tried to select cash as the payout method. Thankfully she was cool and asked to take a picture of the saved trade value on my phone so she could show her boss, then gave me the $145.20 in cash. She definitely earned a positive survey.
so today the Cash is the same value as TIV?

So yeah... I'll still be picking up some games, but with getting less back than planned, I'm gonna forego the NO Man's Sky promo.  My brain isn't working right now, but my thought process is to use $20 in pre owned certs and then trade those games back in at another location.  Thinking is it will free up that $20 cert (give or take) to be used on new purchases on my trade card.  Does that sound right?

So yeah... I'll still be picking up some games, but with getting less back than planned, I'm gonna forego the NO Man's Sky promo. My brain isn't working right now, but my thought process is to use $20 in pre owned certs and then trade those games back in at another location. Thinking is it will free up that $20 cert (give or take) to be used on new purchases on my trade card. Does that sound right?
are you planning to do No Man's Sky as a pre-order on a separate receipt and paying just 5 dollar?

Trade in on the left and bought on the right. For the cash trade in they had to scan a 10% code they had on a sheet of paper, else they would only give you $27.50. As stated by others, the retailmenot does not stack. Posted in both threads just in case someone did not read the Pro thread.

acfyuu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back