GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed that 10% extra trade in doesn't work on cash.
Yep. Trade would've been $150 credit but took the cash for $135. I didn't feel like arguing, especially after telling me that they didn't have enough cash to give me in the first place. They had just enough to give and said they wouldn't be able to do any more cash transactions for the day probably. I was their first customer of the day and they were already saying this!? Has GS heard of the bank?

Trade in on the right and bought on the left. For the cash trade in they had to scan a 10% code they had on a sheet of paper, else they would only give you $27.50. As stated by others, the retailmenot does not stack. Posted in both threads just in case someone did not read the Pro thread.

acfyuu.jpg
Kind of looks like they manually gave you the extra 10%? It says No Promo Found.

did you have to use 2 different retailmenot coupons for 4 games? 

it seems like if you want to do separate buy and trade in transactions since you want the proday 10% trade in bonus which doesnt stack with the retailmenot coupon, right? 

Kind of looks like they manually gave you the extra 10%? It says No Promo Found.
That would make more sense to me as the chick at my Gamstop scanned the paper code as well but told me that it didn't work with cash, just credit. Again, for $15 bucks I wasn't abut to start a ruckus at !0 in the morning.

did you have to use 2 different retailmenot coupons for 4 games?

it seems like if you want to do separate buy and trade in transactions since you want the proday 10% trade in bonus which doesnt stack with the retailmenot coupon, right?
You only need one retailmenot for your entire purchase.

That would make more sense to me as the chick at my Gamstop scanned the paper code as well but told me that it didn't work with cash, just credit. Again, for $15 bucks I wasn't abut to start a ruckus at !0 in the morning.
Girl at the other store told me the same thing, but I told her that it said the trade in value was $30 online. She had to do some manipulation to get it to work.

so let me put it in this order:

1- buy 2 pre-owned games (GTA V, mario maker)................any other suggestions?

2- ask for the pro day discount then apply retailmenot coupon

3- go to another GS, and trade in the games and ask for 10% pro day bonus trade in or 20% trade  in bonus using no man's sky

correct?

Also how did you get $30.25? You should have only gotten $30.

I'm pretty sure they manually bumped the base up 10% to 27.5 and then the regular PUR Pro 10% of the new base.

Also how did you get $30.25? You should have only gotten $30.

I'm pretty sure they manually bumped the base up 10% to 27.5 and then the regular PUR Pro 10% of the new base.
Yes, because the other store gave me $30.

so let me put it in this order:

1- buy 2 pre-owned games (GTA V, mario maker)................any other suggestions?
2- ask for the pro day discount then apply retailmenot coupon
3- go to another GS, and trade in the games and ask for 10% pro day bonus trade in or 20% trade in bonus using no man's sky

correct?
Pro day discount and retailmenot coupon don't stack.

If you want cash back, none of the promos stack. Even if you want credit, I'm pretty sure pro day and no man sky don't stack.

I'm laughing at the dipshits that defend GameStop on a daily basis. Seriously, this company is literal trash. They're on Prime Day levels of bad here. They won't adjust used prices in store to match new prices like they fucking advertised for WEEKS ahead of time and they can't even fucking guarantee the prices that show up on the fucking app.

GameStop sure knows how to disappoint with their promos, contradictory language everywhere with promos stepping over each other left and right.  No wonder their stock price has been hovering around the yearly lows for months now.  Theyre actually making more money off cell phone plans ( they bought some of att's cricket stores) and collectibles than they are with video games.

Another thing that doesn't stack is the b2g1 with the retailmenot coupon, it was one or the other. Didn't do as well as I could of if the pro day stuff stacked. Still made a decent profit today and lately with the bestbuy sales and all. Makes it an easier decision on buying the Gears X1 ... and still cover the Neo.

Another thing that doesn't stack is the b2g1 with the retailmenot coupon, it was one or the other. Didn't do as well as I could of if the pro day stuff stacked. Still made a decent profit today and lately with the bestbuy sales and all. Makes it an easier decision on buying the Gears X1 ... and still cover the Neo.
Do you know if the B2G1 stacks with the Pro Day discount?

Actually now that I'm looking at my receipt, I think I did receive the complete $150, It just took $15 off because I renewed my PURP membership. 

Edit- Nevermind, I actually should've received $13.70 more than I did. Looks like they only did the regular 10% bonus, which makes the prices what they are online but I thought the 10% would stack on top of that, so technically you're getting a 20% bonus. 

This is why I don't miss Gamestop. It's just too bad Best Buy's trade prices are such shit all of a sudden.

Do you know if the B2G1 stacks with the Pro Day discount?
I want to say it did not. I'm not sure if he already rescanned the proday barcode because I had him try a bunch of combinations. I ended just using the retailmenot and kept the b2g1 coupons. For 3 36.50$ games the b2g1 only saved me an extra 8$ versus the retailmenot coupon.

I want to say it did not. I'm not sure if he already rescanned the proday barcode because I had him try a bunch of combinations. I ended just using the retailmenot and kept the b2g1 coupons. For 3 36.50$ games the b2g1 only saved me an extra 8$ versus the retailmenot coupon.
Darn. Thank you.

Cash trades aren't the same as credit. It's only 10% over base.

Gamestop has changed this ad so many times, for the worst. It is a bit ridiculous.

What a great Pro Day!

I'll never understand why GS keeps up the revolving door of deals rather than just a simple b2g1 on used items and a x% off their garbage toys.

I'm laughing at the dipshits that defend GameStop on a daily basis. Seriously, this company is literal trash. They're on Prime Day levels of bad here. They won't adjust used prices in store to match new prices like they fucking advertised for WEEKS ahead of time and they can't even fucking guarantee the prices that show up on the fucking app.
At least prime day had the xb1 bundle price mistake

Cash trades aren't the same as credit. It's only 10% over base.

Gamestop has changed this ad so many times, for the worst. It is a bit ridiculous.

What a great Pro Day!
They are a joke and today was yet a another reminder for me to not go there anymore. I would rather just price match at BB or go only if I have something specific to pick up.

I just tried it. The 10% pro day discount does stack wih retail me coupon, but you need to do the 10% pro day discount first
Are you sure? I also bought a few games when doing my trade-in--the employee scanned the 10% PUR Day code before the RetailMeNot coupon, but the final price had just 20% RetailMeNot + 10% PUR discounts.

I just tried it. The 10% pro day discount does stack wih retail me coupon, but you need to do the 10% pro day discount first
Did the cashier scan your PUR card first, then the promo paper and then the Retailmenot coupon to stack the 20% bonus? 10%+10%+20% My cashier did not scan any paper, because I assumed that the 10% bonus would be automatic to give you 20% Pro.

I will upload the receipt later today. The employee applied everything manually. I'm a regular customer and I always leave him positive reviews, so I don't know if it's general or not.

I tried it at another gamestop but i changed the order, but the bonuses didn't stack

Did the cashier scan your PUR card first, then the promo paper and then the Retailmenot coupon to stack the 20% bonus? 10%+10%+20% My cashier did not scan any paper, because I assumed that the 10% bonus would be automatic to give you 20% Pro.
Yes, but he wrote things on the computer as well and I used my reward certificates too

After looking at my receipt, pro day extra 10% trade isn't until here either, either they need to scan something for that or the no mans sky promo knocked it out

Do Gamestop gift cards expire? I checked my balance online and it is giving me an error saying that my gift card is invalid.

I will upload the receipt later today. The employee applied everything manually. I'm a regular customer and I always leave him positive reviews, so I don't know if it's general or not.

I tried it at another gamestop but i changed the order, but the bonuses didn't stack
If he adjusted it manually, that's not the same as stacking. But congrats on having the employee adjusting it in your favor.

For anyone who lives near Meijer, they have WWE 2k16 for PS3 and 360 for $9.99, and you can use the mperks coupon for 10% off your whole purchase that expires today. Trades in for $12 base at GS.

For the No Man's Sky promo, you can get away with putting down only $5, right? My GS employee said I have to pay for the game in full to get the 20% bonus. I said no thanks and took the cash.

The Pre-owned Guarantee disclaimer does state that it cannot be combined with any other offer if that's what you mean by they can't (won't?) adjust used prices to match new prices.

Relax, Kotor! Lol Gamestop isn't all that bad. I cashed out nicely and I got some very cheap games. That RMN coupon plus some of those sale prices were an amazing combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back