GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit, I just made a literal stand at my local GS about this situation and got the $13.70 in cash that I feel I should've gotten had GS stayed true to their 20% bonus promo. After first arguing politely with the girl, then the manager, they called the district manager who finally gave the OK I guess and then I stand there for, I shit you not, a fucking hour and 15 minutes while they figure out the math and re-do the whole transaction..twice.. because they messed up the first time. My first time in a Gamestop in literally 5 years and this shit happens. I did it to myself and I was gonna let it go but you know what, this was for all the times they fucked me for all those years and I took it.

Now, I was cordial to Sam who really was doing her best after a little push-back at first. The manager left a bit to be desired however and not talking to me face-to-face at first didn't help. Look it's not their fault that Gamestop purposely fucks with these deals to the point where they're not deals anymore, so I don't blame them at all.

Sorry but I had to get that off my chest. I might just be done with BB and GS in general. My GCU runs out in November and the PUR membership basically paid for itself today. I've been wanting to go all digital anyway and with my 2TB Xbox One S coming Tuesday, I think it's time. Farewell old friends.

The retail me not coupon didn't work on the 4 for $40 deal earlier this wk... I had other games in my transaction too, the 20% applied on those games on top of the 10% pur but the 20% rmn wasn't applied on the 4 for $40.  Not sure about today.

Well I went ahead and traded in 330 worth of games using the no mans sky promo...I just felt bad leaving almost 60 bucks behind if I took cash. Figure I might as well get an Xbox one s now...

So is it best to trade toward NoMansSky for the 20% and then return game once it releases or what? I plan to move the credit to my pre ordered gears xbox s bundle.
You don't need to buy them game. Just put $5 down for a preorder. Cancel it after the game comes out so it doesn't hurt the store's numbers, or buy the game when it goes on sale and the $5 will come off then.

The Pre-owned Guarantee disclaimer does state that it cannot be combined with any other offer if that's what you mean by they can't (won't?) adjust used prices to match new prices.

Relax, Kotor! Lol Gamestop isn't all that bad. I cashed out nicely and I got some very cheap games. That RMN coupon plus some of those sale prices were an amazing combo
What's the point of the guarantee if when a game is on sale they don't have to drop the price? Nothing changed.

I took the cash option today and I used my last gift card. The dude didn't want to accept my e-gift card to buy games lol

Same thing here. He said anyone could print out the gift card and use it. I said that is why it was sent to MY email so only I can use it.
Did the e-gift cards have your name on them? Once they gave me trouble because I had different names on my e-gift cards. I was able to use my e-rewards gift cards (paper e-gift card) today.

What's the point of the guarantee if when a game is on sale they don't have to drop the price? Nothing changed.
This isn't necessarily a sale. It's a one day promotion on new games only. Other games from the weekly ad have their pre-owned counterparts discounted accordingly. I completely understand the frustration of them not making this clear beforehand, but there's technically nothing wrong with what they're doing today

i cant complain, cashed out all of my best buy credit and what was left of my gamestop credit into cash between these stealth bumps. didnt get the extra 10% and didnt expect it. love the guy that spent an 75 minutes for $14, priorities... im done with the flip/credit moving stuff. just going to go wait til everything is under $20 digital and i think in the long run ill end up fine. ill miss the stacks of unopened games and having to be polite to the asshats at gamestop, lol, ok not really.

Did the e-gift cards have your name on them? Once they gave me trouble because I had different names on my e-gift cards. I was able to use my e-rewards gift cards (paper e-gift card) today.
No they didn't have my name. He ended up having to take it. At first, he was like we don't accept those anymore.

This isn't necessarily a sale. It's a one day promotion on new games only. Other games from the weekly ad have their pre-owned counterparts discounted accordingly. I completely understand the frustration of them not making this clear beforehand, but there's technically nothing wrong with what they're doing today
I mean they're celebrating Pro Members but excluding one of the benefits of being a member on the same day. Lolwut

Anyone try to buy some games with the extra 10% discount instead of the Retail Me Not coupon? I went to four different stores to get different games and they all conveniently forgot the extra 10% until I brought it up. I hate how shady this place is sometimes lol

Rise of Tomb Raider had been $17 earlier this week. It was bumped up to $30 with pro. Used the trade-in to buy GTA V for $30. Too bad used price didn't drop.

Guys, I've been re-reading these last couple of pages but I'm afraid I didn't quite understand among several different trading experiences.

I'm looking to trade in some stuff today for store credit and I'm not planning on purchasing anything other than the no man's sky preorder fee (in case it does stack) so the RMN coupon would not be taken in consideration.

I doubt it will but would I be able to stack the following:

- 20% extra credit (no man's sky promo)

- The additional 10% extra credit (pro day promo, which is applied on top of the traditional 10% from PRU members thus 20% total, right?).

I would certainly appreciate it if someone could clarify, thanks in advance!

So no one seems to be buying the division with coupons. I found a day 1 edition of dark souls 3 pre owned with the soundtrack and got it for 25 not including tax with another game using retailmenot coupon. Now I'm just hoping the values hold so I can trade it back in for cash but how long's this promo gonna last for?

Guys, I've been re-reading these last couple of pages but I'm afraid I didn't quite understand among several different trading experiences.
I'm looking to trade in some stuff today for store credit and I'm not planning on purchasing anything other than the no man's sky preorder fee (in case it does stack) so the RMN coupon would not be taken in consideration.

- The additional 10% extra credit (pro day promo, which is applied on top of the traditional 10% from PRU members thus 20% total, right?).

The no man's sky won't stack with the pur day extra 10% trade credit.

yea the extra 10% doesn't stack with the no man's sky pre order. When you goto trade in it's just like any other day. You get the normal 10% and then the 20% from no man's making it 30% total. Really helped boost my credit today with only a few stops :D

The no man's sky won't stack with the pur day extra 10% trade credit.
I see, I would still be able to do the 20% extra credit (no mans sky reserve) and the traditional 10% extra credit (PRU).

An additional 30% TIV boost from the overall base, right?

I'm just trying to maximize today's store credit.

Edit: Just saw Wicked's reply.

Thanks guys!

Well I never did get the chance to test if order matters when scanning the 10% Pro-day promo and the retailmenot coupon. They always scanned the Pro-day promo first and it never stacked with the 20% off coupon. 

I already felt a bit shady trading in multiple copies of the same game and then rebuying them so i didn't want to push the issue. 

God, what a hassle today to purchase a few used games.

Me: Don't we get an extra 10% discount for being Pro?

Girl: Yeah, you already have it

Me: No, there's an extra 10% off today only

Girl: That's only if you sign up for a new account

Me: That doesn't make sense. 

I then grabbed the paper with all the barcodes they had and asked her to scan the one for the 10% off bonus.

Girl: oh wow, that's the first time I've scanned that today.

Mind you, this was just after one hour from closing time. I also got a 'new' copy of GTA V that was from the shelf. 

I then grabbed the paper with all the barcodes they had and asked her to scan the one for the 10% off bonus.

Mind you, this was just after one hour from closing time. I also got a 'new' copy of GTA V that was from the shelf.
I am not sure what anyone expects. Nothing against the employees , but its not like they are informed or trained well.

This whole Pro day thing was bullshit!

Nobody there knew about the Pro day.
Nobody even knew about the 4 for 40 until they rung up my games, even though there were signs taped to a bin.
Could not get the extra 10% with the 4 for 40.

With no one knowing anything about the Pro day and could not get it to stack with anything.

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!

The three store I frequent all have great managers. The other employees kinda come and go but the main guys I see when I go in have been there a long time. They know me when I come in and know I only buy used games if they are complete with good discs. If not busy they let me pick which disc I want if there's more then one. Anyway I went to two of the three today. At one I got Battleborn only because it was $20 and they had launch editions left which came in a box with a figure. I also was able to add two games to two that I had previously purchased earlier in the week to get the 4 for $40 deal. The other one I picked up a Spider-Man 360 game I'd been wanting since it was complete and I had points to spend. Both places knew of the pro day and both had the bar codes at the register and I didn't have to say a word about the extra discounts.

In general Gamestop is a disaster with some of their horrible policies, like selling used games as new, but if your informed and are lucky to have good stores they can be useful.

The register should have been updated to add the extra 10% for the trades and to ring up the games on the store flyer automatically. Perhaps that was too much work for GameStop, but they also have one day deals on Black Friday, and I have never seen them have to scan bar codes on a sheet to get the prices to ring up for the right amounts. In hindsight, the employees at the store where I traded didn't have a sheet with bar codes on it anywhere in sight. And I only found out that I missed out on my extra 10% bump from reading the Pro Day thread hours after I had completed the trade. Thankfully, it was only one game that was a duplicate copy and the extra 10% would have only added 88 cents, so I'm not that pissed about it. But they shouldn't do promos if they're going to half-ass them.

This whole Pro day thing was bullshit!

Nobody there knew about the Pro day.
Nobody even knew about the 4 for 40 until they rung up my games, even though there were signs taped to a bin.
Could not get the extra 10% with the 4 for 40.

With no one knowing anything about the Pro day and could not get it to stack with anything.

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!
I'm sorry at this point its kinda your fault this happened since you keep going into this shitty place. I only go into Gamestop to trade shit in when I can exploit a promotion. I never give them a damn penny.

So what exactly is the point of the "save TIV estimate" on the app? It proved useless today.
It's so GameStop managers can feel powerful and pull the "All trades are at the manager's discretion" line. How else can you convince someone to work at such a shitty place? You got to make them feel powerful from time to time.

I came pretty close to the cash limit last weekend so just focused on credit today and made out nicely with the No Man's Sky promo.  Was also able to return/rebuy some POP figures from last week.

That was 3 of 5 total stores I went to today.

Was able to get them to honor the same cash as credit in the first store but with much hassle. Even getting the extra 10% in credit was a hassle at some stores. Ended up converting credit to cash and getting 8 free games and 3 free pops while breaking even between cash and credit. I can't believe how most employees didn't know what the fuk was going on.

Was able to get them to honor the same cash as credit in the first store but with much hassle. Even getting the extra 10% in credit was a hassle at some stores. Ended up converting credit to cash and getting 8 free games and 3 free pops while breaking even between cash and credit. I can't believe how most employees didn't know what the fuk was going on.
Blame corporate for not setting up nor explaining it correctly to their employees.

GameStop has proven they are absolute sh*t when it comes to big deal days.

First, how dare they? Do they not know? Have they not heard? You should remind them that people only visit their stores because of you

Second, how the heck did you get 8 free games? (what did you flip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back