GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You gain some you lose some. Their system is crappy. But sometimes their stacking issue work in our fav. This promo wasn't exactly what we expected but just wait

It's ok. As we have seen throughout this entire uneventful day. Everyone had everything figured out. All except for me. Because as was pointed out, I'm the only one who didn't read the thread it's entirety and the only one confused by this standard GameStop operation.

I hope everyone learned a thing or two about this type of "sale". And will actually be thoughtful in their responses to sensible queries in the future.

:rolleyes:

So I tried to buy a shell gas card in Coral Springs, FL. It didn't work with the Trade Card.

But I was told that I could've bought it while I was doing the trade in since the system recognizes the credit as cash within the trade in transaction. Who knows?

So I tried to buy a shell gas card in Coral Springs, FL. It didn't work with the Trade Card.

But I was told that I could've bought it while I was doing the trade in since the system recognizes the credit as cash within the trade in transaction. Who knows?
Well since cash is currently the same as credit right now, you could just get the cash and turn around and use it to buy ebay or gas cards. But if you are doing the 20% promo then its not worth it as it doesn't apply to cash value.

Well since cash is currently the same as credit right now, you could just get the cash and turn around and use it to buy ebay or gas cards. But if you are doing the 20% promo then its not worth it as it doesn't apply to cash value.
Yes but the bonuses aren't equal cash to credit. At least not at the register. Of course I would've taken cash if it didn't require burning bridges with my local Gamestops to get it.

Stating the obvious isn't my point. I suggest we try to include gas card and possibly eBay card purchases within the trade in transaction.

First, how dare they? Do they not know? Have they not heard? You should remind them that people only visit their stores because of you

Second, how the heck did you get 8 free games? (what did you flip)
I was lucky enough to find 4 of each of the top boomerangs (except pokemon) and various lower boomerangs in combination with the sale prices and the 20% coupon. I got around 30,000 points from it all too. If your curious I got:

For Me:

Uncharted 4 :ps4:

7 Days to Die :ps4:

Dragon Quest Heroes :ps4:

Far Cry Primal :ps4:

Bladestorm Nightmare :ps4:

Transformers Devastation :ps4:

For my Wife:

Lego Harry Potter 1-4 :ds:

Lego Harry Potter 5-7 :ds:

3 Harry Potter POPS!

Yes but the bonuses aren't equal cash to credit. At least not at the register. Of course I would've taken cash if it didn't require burning bridges with my local Gamestops to get it.

Stating the obvious isn't my point. I suggest we try to include gas card and possibly eBay card purchases within the trade in transaction.
Who knows with Gamestop but yesterday I was able to buy a Southwest GC in MD while doing the trade in transaction. I will try the same tomorrow on Pokemon day for the 20% extra trade credit.

I was lucky enough to find 4 of each of the top boomerangs (except pokemon) and various lower boomerangs in combination with the sale prices and the 20% coupon. I got around 30,000 points from it all too. If your curious I got:

For Me:
Uncharted 4 :ps4:
7 Days to Die :ps4:
Dragon Quest Heroes :ps4:
Far Cry Primal :ps4:
Bladestorm Nightmare :ps4:
Transformers Devastation :ps4:

For my Wife:
Lego Harry Potter 1-4 :ds:
Lego Harry Potter 5-7 :ds:
3 Harry Potter POPS!
You're the man! I get a little apprehensive when it comes to flipping. Yesterday was the first time I've ever traded in copies of the same game for both systems in one transaction. No one cared. I ended up with $260 credit and a free copy of Siege

You're the man! I get a little apprehensive when it comes to flipping. Yesterday was the first time I've ever traded in copies of the same game for both systems in one transaction. No one cared. I ended up with $260 credit and a free copy of Siege
I honestly have never seen a gs employee care about multiple copies on different systems, only multiple copies on the same system which I accidently tried to do once.

Tried to buy a Shell gas card with a trade-in yesterday and the system blocked it. They're dead (along with eBay) here in SoCal. Trades, Trade-credit, gift-cards, PUR-cards are all system blocked for purchasing those cards.

I've never preordered anything at GS lol... so if I were to preorder & put down $5 for No Mans Sky for the bonus, can I:

a) later swap that credit/balance of $5 to another game's pre-order, like wayyy after the NMS has been released where it won't affect the store negatively whatever

b) swap that $5 credit/balance to an in-store transaction when I'm buying something else long time later

c) get NMS long time later when it's on sale lol like $19.99 whatever or when all new copies have been converted to "preowned" lol

or is the only option we have with a pre-order credit is cancel it? 

I've never preordered anything at GS lol... so if I were to preorder & put down $5 for No Mans Sky for the bonus, can I:
a) later swap that credit/balance of $5 to another game's pre-order, like wayyy after the NMS has been released where it won't affect the store negatively whatever
b) swap that $5 credit/balance to an in-store transaction when I'm buying something else long time later
c) get NMS long time later when it's on sale lol like $19.99 whatever or when all new copies have been converted to "preowned" lol

or is the only option we have with a pre-order credit is cancel it?
You can do all of those. It's best to wait until the game releases to move it/cancel

Just did my first flip today. Snagged the last used copy of rainbow six siege at my gamestop and took that bad boy straight to bestbuy. Easiest $8 I've ever made.

I just got Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (used) for $5 with a $5 off coupon (for used games) and $2 credit I had. Didn't come with original case nor booklet but the disc is flawless. For $5 I can't complain.

What the heck man I've been doing it wrong. Those codes save money! Yes I'm serious. Never knew what they were
they still hit you with tax with trade credit but just ordered 3 rainbow 6's for each system and would only let me order 2 of the Samurai Warriors for 135.32 which would've been $150.xx in store with trade credit.

Don't feel like running around today just gonna hope they come in before end of the week and lock in tiv's on BB website. worse case I return them to my least favorite GS :D

Eh, they hit you with tax on trade credit in some states anyway. I always pay tax in TN. Makes the console promo trade-ins towards another console very unappealing.

Doesn't look like the spreadsheet is updated so are there other movers than RS Siege? $25 at BB is insane.

How long after signing up for pro does the b2g1 coupon come? Anyone remember? Just signed up again today after not being it for a long time.

Doesn't look like the spreadsheet is updated so are there other movers than RS Siege? $25 at BB is insane
samurai warriors seems to be the best. Witcher 3, battleborn, doom or anything else that price (I think there's a couple more) and on the BB list should net 3.66 when buying with credit at GS and trading in at BB with GCU.

samurai warriors seems to be the best. Witcher 3, battleborn, doom or anything else that price (I think there's a couple more) and on the BB list should net 3.66 when buying with credit at GS and trading in at BB with GCU.
Thanks guys. I forgot to check out the BB thread. I'm also about to test and see if eBay digital is blocked finally for me.

Yup I couldn't buy digital eBay gift card with credit in Houston either. RIP nationwide now I guess? Gonna try and leave about $300 in credit to do flips but otherwise I'm going to convert to BB when possible.

they still hit you with tax with trade credit but just ordered 3 rainbow 6's for each system and would only let me order 2 of the Samurai Warriors for 135.32 which would've been $150.xx in store with trade credit.

Don't feel like running around today just gonna hope they come in before end of the week and lock in tiv's on BB website. worse case I return them to my least favorite GS :D
Yup. I ordered 2 copies of Siege for PS4 and 2 copies of Samurai Warriors (don't want to mess with Siege on the X1 because I know I've traded it before). Assuming the games get to me after the value drops, I'll mail them in for only $3 less than what I would get if I took them in store today. Best case if they arrive while the values are still high, I'll end up getting about $7 more.

Is it just me or did some newb hijack bigg's cag account?
Lol sorry man... I'm just now getting lubed up when it comes to flipping. I've always been super cautious, almost like I was doing something shady. But now that I know what the limits are and I know the employees at my local stores, its a no brainer. I'm starting a spreadsheet tonight of what I've traded in so I can be sure to stay under the limits

Yup. I ordered 2 copies of Siege for PS4 and 2 copies of Samurai Warriors (don't want to mess with Siege on the X1 because I know I've traded it before). Assuming the games get to me after the value drops, I'll mail them in for only $3 less than what I would get if I took them in store today. Best case if they arrive while the values are still high, I'll end up getting about $7 more.

Lol sorry man... I'm just now getting lubed up when it comes to flipping. I've always been super cautious, almost like I was doing something shady. But now that I know what the limits are and I know the employees at my local stores, its a no brainer. I'm starting a spreadsheet tonight of what I've traded in so I can be sure to stay under the limits
The only shady thing is how some employees treat you when you're doing the trade ins. That's on them tho not you. You mentioned creating an excel sheet to keep track of your trade ins. That was a great idea and you should definitely stay on top of it.

The only shady thing is how some employees treat you when you're doing the trade ins. That's on them tho not you. You mentioned creating an excel sheet to keep track of your trade ins. That was a great idea and you should definitely stay on top of it.
Exactly. Dude at GameStop was asking me how come I want so many copies. I told him I wanted to give them as gifts at my bachelor party and I don't know what system they all have so I may be back to exchange them later.

I wanted to tell him to mind his business but I hate being rude with people I may need again in the future.

Exactly. Dude at GameStop was asking me how come I want so many copies. I told him I wanted to give them as gifts at my bachelor party and I don't know what system they all have so I may be back to exchange them later.

I wanted to tell him to mind his business but I hate being rude with people I may need again in the future.
I tend to say for my nephew or brothers (which I have none muahahahaha)

There's no limit to how many of the same game same platform you can purchase with pur right? Best buy has the three copy limit, does GS have one? Pretty sure no but wanna make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back