GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
10 years? Not any pt in spreading 6 weeks out over 10 years. lol.

Discrete isn't the right word either. I coulda made a thousand trips with 1 or 2 games each time to 20 different stores and my total amount of trading would still get me banned. AT least according to the manager, it was just the sheer amt of trading that flagged my account at corporate.

The irony for me is the deals were so much better last year and it never crossed my mind that I was doing even more trading this year.
Ok using an extreme example isn’t going to help your argument but just to humor you even if you split it up into single game trades to avoid employee detection, there’s still nothing discreet about banking 400K points in a year. So the whole point about not going crazy with GS trades apply. We don’t know exactly how you got banned but in all likelihood you went over the limit on a particular game because it’s easy to lose track of your trade activity when you are trading in that heavily. An LP analyst could have caught you but there are some big time flippers on here that I know that have still not been caught because they were a lot more careful about their activity. If it was the sheer volume, I’m almost positive they would have been caught up too and they haven’t.

I use the points asap. If i saw some of those sdcc exclusives i would of picked a few up. But gs takes your points like rain on a cloudy day and id rather use them than lose them.

I went in to trade in $55 worth of games for cash. He opened the register and he only had 5s and singles. Not even a single 10. I walked out with 8 5s and 15 singles.

Also ironic, for me, was my trading was going to slow down anyway because they got rid of Ebay and gas cards.   

Ok using an extreme example isn’t going to help your argument but just to humor you even if you split it up into single game trades to avoid employee detection, there’s still nothing discreet about banking 400K points in a year. So the whole point about not going crazy with GS trades apply. We don’t know exactly how you got banned but in all likelihood you went over the limit on a particular game because it’s easy to lose track of your trade activity when you are trading in that heavily. An LP analyst could have caught you but there are some big time flippers on here that I know that have still not been caught because they were a lot more careful about their activity. If it was the sheer volume, I’m almost positive they would have been caught up too and they haven’t.
Here I thought 200k pts in 10 years was an extreme example of inactivity to avoid a ban.

Also im tired of people getting banned and then having to listen to their exploits for 10 pages. Its always the same story and the person refuses to listen to reason. This is cag not wag.

Guys, I may be a bit off-topic here but with all the purchasing that goes along with these flips I do have a quick question:

I currently have an ebates account and seem to be quite satisfied with it but am wondering if I would be better off with an ibotta account, do you guys recommend it? If so, what are your takeaways and/or opinions? 

As always, thanks in advance!

Guys, I may be a bit off-topic here but with all the purchasing that goes along with these flips I do have a quick question:

I currently have an ebates account and seem to be quite satisfied with it but am wondering if I would be better off with an ibotta account, do you guys recommend it? If so, what are your takeaways and/or opinions?

As always, thanks in advance!
Isn't ibotta in store only? I use both. BB has a $5 cash back rebate if you spend over $100

Fixed it for you
Also investing the extra $15 (extra account) goes a long way in avoiding a ban. I know it's CAG but especially flipping back to GS from GS you might want to play it more discrete. Have one account to buy from and other to sell from. Next flip deal reverse it. Don't have games you bought at store x 20 minutes later at store Y on the same damn account.

Also investing the extra $15 (extra account) goes a long way in avoiding a ban. I know it's CAG but especially flipping back to GS from GS you might want to play it more discrete. Have one account to buy from and other to sell from. Next flip deal reverse it. Don't have games you bought at store x 20 minutes later at store Y on the same damn account.
I feel like that is kind of pointless if your state requires an ID. Unless there's a way to avoid it that I'm unaware of.

Also im tired of people getting banned and then having to listen to their exploits for 10 pages. Its always the same story and the person refuses to listen to reason. This is cag not wag.
Well ban stories beat posts like yours by a country mile.

at least 1st person ban stories like mine. ;)

Plus they are rare compared to the other stuff that constantly gets repeated.

But I can't say the same for that other story stretching on here for awhile about some guy that got banned from GS and from CAG etc. That story is dragging. And not a 1st person tale.

I always do credit as cash seems to raise more eyes from GS. In my state credit doesn't need ID, but if you were to need it I believe you could do the old DL and Passport trick. Since the system tracks trades by the ID numbers on them. That's how a lot of us that got banned at Bestbuy way back got around it. Trade 3 on a DL and 3 on a passport.

I always do credit as cash seems to raise more eyes from GS. In my state credit doesn't need ID, but if you were to need it I believe you could do the old DL and Passport trick. Since the system tracks trades by the ID numbers on them. That's how a lot of us that got banned at Bestbuy way back got around it. Trade 3 on a DL and 3 on a passport.
The GS stores that I have been to all scan the driver's license. A regular passport will not work since it will not fit in the scanner.

I actually like hearing about how others got banned so I don't make the same mistake. Maybe you should go start your own thread.

So I was able to patch my code so instead of getting all the $4.96 online only prices on over 2000 games in the GS query, I am now able to get the actual in store prices for these games.

EDIT: Spoke to soon ran into a bug and it for some reason stalled at 5474 total games retrieved, so probably won't see the results for a day or 2 until I figure it out.

eDsFzyL.jpg

ti25p5V.jpg

So I was able to patch my code so instead of getting all the $4.96 online only prices on over 2000 games in the GS query, I am now able to get the actual in store prices for these games.

EDIT: Spoke to soon ran into a bug and it for some reason stalled at 5474 total games retrieved, so probably won't see the results for a day or 2 until I figure it out.

eDsFzyL.jpg

ti25p5V.jpg
cool shit

Got shot down for eBay out here in good old Colorado Springs. I was able to buy psn tho...i cashed out $400 this past weekend and have $ 130 left in gc's. I'll probably just use the remaining balance to do boomerangs and pay off my psvr over the next 70 days..

That's why I'm wondering if the TIV is going to take a dive tomorrow and to what value?
When I went to go trade in Lego Star Wars today the employee told me it was good that I brought it in today. He said that tomorrow I would have gotten 20% less in cash. Is that what you mean? Is this stated somewhere on the website/flyer?

I'm seeing Mario Party 10 for $29.99 new at Walmart as well.  I'm thinking that the TIV is going to tank soon at Gamestop and unfortunately none of the Best Buys around me have it in stock, only online.

To all the wannabe fn geniuses in this thread:   Not getting banned is like not losing at tic tac toe.    Get over yourselves.   Jesus Christ. 

When I went to go trade in Lego Star Wars today the employee told me it was good that I brought it in today. He said that tomorrow I would have gotten 20% less in cash. Is that what you mean? Is this stated somewhere on the website/flyer?
No I'm referring to when the stealth bumps reset. Some games were getting big boosts (I think L4D2 went from $15 to $22 for example). So if you applied a similar $7 boost, that would mean MP10 would not really be worth the effort in the end assuming it was one of the games that had a boost. Also, like dk just mentioned, if some more Wii U games hit a sale soon, there's that to consider as well.

I'm seeing Mario Party 10 for $29.99 new at Walmart as well. I'm thinking that the TIV is going to tank soon at Gamestop and unfortunately none of the Best Buys around me have it in stock, only online.
I ordered two copies that SHOULD be here by Wednesday. If the value tanks at GS by then I'll just return them

During these last couple weeks it sure has been a great time to build up your Wii U collection cheap while flipping to make it even cheaper. Now can we get another sale on Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, and some sales for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and Pokken Tournament?

Traded in 2 of my Disney Infinity figures today (Luke & Yoda) since I have the Light FX versions of them now, but the bonus 20% credit towards Pokemon items wasn't automatically ringing up when I tried to buy one of those new Arceus shirts with the credit.

Luckily, the employee was nice enough to manually override the system and gave me the extra 20% since the shirt was in their ad, so I ended up paying less than $7 out of pocket for it. The shirt looks pretty dang cool, so I'll take it, haha. :)

Mario Party 10 dropped to $25 base. Still worthwhile to use to convert to cash. Lego Star Wars dropped to $20 base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back