GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So is Gamestop's own trade in thing on their site usually wrong?

Was expecting to get like 7 bucks for my 360 Slim AC Adapter but the girl rang it up and gave me $24 without Pro membership

Also, was trading 2 copies of New Leaf but she would only take one because of some dumb as fuck policy. First time I've ever been denied doing that before

She was like you can come back tomorrow and trade the other one in.

I get it's policy but I didn't even bother trying to argue how fucking pointless and stupid that is.....

So is Gamestop's own trade in thing on their site usually wrong?

Was expecting to get like 7 bucks for my 360 Slim AC Adapter but the girl rang it up and gave me $24 without Pro membership

Also, was trading 2 copies of New Leaf but she would only take one because of some dumb as fuck policy. First time I've ever been denied doing that before

She was like you can come back tomorrow and trade the other one in.

I get it's policy but I didn't even bother trying to argue how fucking pointless and stupid that is.....
The adapter is one of the only ones incorrectly labeled on the website. It's been like that for months.

Yes, denying you trading in 2 is policy. It deters people from stealing many copies of a game and dumping it at once.

Made a decent amount today in flips thanks to gamestops b2g1 coupon and $25 base values on the games at bestbuy. Did far cry primal PS4/X1 and Witcher 3 PS4. Paid $48 to gamestop and got $82.50 from bestbuy. Only took like 20 min for all of it too.

I am gonna try it out in about 3 or 4 hours, but i am sure someone here will be able to confirm before i can
any word on that? a GS employee i know said that he thought it was active in store too, but i didn't test it since that store was out of rainbow six siege for best buy trade in purposes

The adapter is one of the only ones incorrectly labeled on the website. It's been like that for months.

Yes, denying you trading in 2 is policy. It deters people from stealing many copies of a game and dumping it at once.
Just because it's policy doesn't make it less stupid. I mean, the logic behind the reasoning doesn't really even make sense. Like I stole 2 loose copies of New Leaf that have 100+ hours of gametime on both of them

The fact that I've done it multiple times at the same Gamestop

And the fact that she was like "Yeah you can come back in like 12 hours and trade it then....but not now"

any word on that? a GS employee i know said that he thought it was active in store too, but i didn't test it since that store was out of rainbow six siege for best buy trade in purposes
Yes they do indeed stack i was able to get 2 copies of Seige and 1 Primal for $53.91 subtotal. $58.36 after taxes here. Shows up as 2 different discounts on each disc on the receipt

I'm surprised someone hasn't confirmed yet just gotta call GS and ask...........

Just because it's policy doesn't make it less stupid. I mean, the logic behind the reasoning doesn't really even make sense. Like I stole 2 loose copies of New Leaf that have 100+ hours of gametime on both of them

And the fact that she was like "Yeah you can come back in like 12 hours and trade it then....but not now"
Wah wah wah stfu lol

it is a stupid policy. I have kids that like to play games together (specifically 3/DS). I wanted to trade 2 copies of the old lego marvel for 2 copies of Lego Avengers, got the same "come back tomorrow" BS. They take ID and clearly track people's trading habits. If it were really a theft issue, I think they've got it covered pretty well already.

Just show them this, it works for me all the time ;)

im-special.png

What a sad day. 10% ebay bucks and can't buy anything using a gift card cause I'm over the 2k limit. Apparently it was applied retroactively.
Been out of the loop for so long. Please explain this 2k limit, is it 2k in buying GC and is this limit quarterly? Is there any ways to check how much you already used?

Been out of the loop for so long. Please explain this 2k limit, is it 2k in buying GC and is this limit quarterly? Is there any ways to check how much you already used?
It is 2k limit on redeeming gift cards in a 60 day period. As far as I know the only way to check is through your purchase history.

I can confirm that the 15% works in store with PUR but couldn't test it with a B2G1 coupon because they couldn't find the used copy of Far Cry Primal....oh well, still ended up with a good deal. $43 for 2 Siege and Witcher 3

I don't get what the point was about being jerks about my observation

I mean, there's really no defending that policy other than pointing out that it's policy so get over it (Which I said originally, was just commenting on my experience)

I can confirm that the 15% works in store with PUR but couldn't test it with a B2G1 coupon because they couldn't find the used copy of Far Cry Primal....oh well, still ended up with a good deal. $43 for 2 Siege and Witcher 3
damn I went in store and grabbed ps4 games, I didn't know it was only xbone.............meh they only had one copy of primal xbone anyway.

She was cool about it though, said she would give me 15% off one game so grabbed primal. Figure I'll play it a bit and trade it in with the rest later on in the week.

I don't get what the point was about being jerks about my observation

I mean, there's really no defending that policy other than pointing out that it's policy so get over it (Which I said originally, was just commenting on my experience)
Yes sorry about that, the policy I believe it has more to do with loss prevention than theft. GS is always about the bottom line.

how did you get them for $43. $10 preowned coupon??

yeah but he said "but couldn't test it with a B2G1 coupon because they couldn't find the used copy of Far Cry Primal" as if he didnt use a b2g1.  but you are right he prolly did use a b2g1 coupon. 

yeah but he said "but couldn't test it with a B2G1 coupon because they couldn't find the used copy of Far Cry Primal" as if he didnt use a b2g1. but you are right he prolly did use a b2g1 coupon.
Pretty sure he meant he couldn't test the 15% WITH the B2G1 coupon... But he still used B2G1 on its own.

I had just assumed I had gone over $500 in cash trades (resulting in a trade ban), so I figured it wouldn't hurt to calculate just how much I had done over the past week. Just found out that I did $498.30.

FrayedSentimentalCalf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back