GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck on finding the next QWERTY phone.
Ugh, I'm having enough trouble thinking about this during the past couple of years as it is. Hopefully it'll still last me a few more years until its completelly useless.

IMHO, there's nothing like the press of a physical button over a touchscreen.

Ugh, I'm having enough trouble thinking about this during the past couple of years as it is. Hopefully it'll still last me a few more years until its completelly useless.

Take a look at the BlackBerry priv. Comparable specs to last year's flagships.
http://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_priv-7587.php
Basically an lg g4 with a keyboard

Have the weekend bumps all tanked on Monday or Tuesday for previous weeks? Don't have time to go to a GS today before they close at 6pm =(
Hopefully values are same tomorrow...
Anyone get a phone call from GS randomly before? Do they call u if ur acct is banned?
GameStop app kicked me out last night, usually it always auto logs me in, but last night when I checked trade in values, it asked me to login o_O due to my acct not being linked to the app. Yikes lol never seen that screen before...I'm afraid to login lolol
A GS in the city I work in just called me, I didn't answer the phone coz I didnt recognize the # until I googled it lol...they didn't leave a msg o_O No Man's Sky doesn't come out til Tuesday so I don't think its about my preorder, and this is not a store that releases new games at 8:30pm the day before its supposed to be released either to my knowledge..unless the call was indeed to say I can get the game the night before, meaning tomorrow night lol. AFAIK, only 1 GS in this district releases games the night before...not this store though.
Paranoid af

It won't last you much longer, as the longer you hold onto it, the more insecure it gets as well as the harder to find apps to run on it.

The Blackberry Priv has a keyboard, though you can also get a clip-on keyboard for the Note 6 and Galaxy S6 Edge+. The Note 5 and the S6 Edge+ should be pretty close to zero or zero in price since they're last year model, plus you can get it on any carrier. The BB Priv is an AT&T exclusive.

Anybody in here preordered a limited edition of no mans sky just to get the 20% bonus trade in and is just going to return it? Would like to buy it from you(I know theres almost zero possibility of someone in here is doing this).

It won't last you much longer, as the longer you hold onto it, the more insecure it gets as well as the harder to find apps to run on it.

The Blackberry Priv has a keyboard, though you can also get a clip-on keyboard for the Note 6 and Galaxy S6 Edge+. The Note 5 and the S6 Edge+ should be pretty close to zero or zero in price since they're last year model, plus you can get it on any carrier. The BB Priv is an AT&T exclusive.
i don't know if it was, but clearly it isn't exclusive anymore. https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/blackberry-priv/

Few flips from eBay to gamestop with 20% promo. Or if you already have these games, you can trade them in and rebuy them on ebay.

New mario u + luigi u $35 to $39

Mario Kart DS $7.50 to $10.40

Mario Kart 7 $18 to $22.75

Splatoon $35 to $39

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 $15 to $19.50

Fire Emblem Awakening $25 to $29.25

Pokemon Platinum $20 to $29.25

Animal Crossing City Folk $10 to $15.60

Majora's Mask 3D $25 to $29.25

It was at time of release, though as I'm not a Verizon customer, I didn't know it was on Verizon as well.

If you need an Android phone wth a keyboard, it's one of very few options.
ChronoSlayer, i understand. I have have a friend who kept the HTC G1 as long as possible. The Blackberry for ATT should be clearanced out, because no one wants a BB or the exact type of phone you like.

That blackberry seemed interesting at first (has some great specs!) but I was a bit bummed out by seeing the keyboard opens vertically instead of horizontally. To me, this has somewhat of an impact when gaming on the phone since playing in landscape mode would become a bit akward, not to mention the screen size/ratio would be reduced drastically on portrait VS landscape. I can truthfully say that Mother 3 was an absolute joy to play on my Photon Q and one of the greatest RPGs of all time IMHO (also, the only game to ever make me shed a few tears lol)

As much as I wasn't expecting to derail the thread, I got to admit I was a bit surprised with everyone's feedback, Thanks for everyone's input.

CAG is certainly a great community.

I really hate to get off topic here but has anybody traded in an XBOX 360 E power supply in the last few days. I just wanted to see if they were still trading in for a higher amount than what was listed on the website.

I really hate to get off topic here but has anybody traded in an XBOX 360 E power supply in the last few days. I just wanted to see if they were still trading in for a higher amount than what was listed on the website.
$22 base

Few flips from eBay to gamestop with 20% promo. Or if you already have these games, you can trade them in and rebuy them on ebay.

New mario u + luigi u $35 to $39
Mario Kart DS $7.50 to $10.40
Mario Kart 7 $18 to $22.75
Splatoon $35 to $39
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 $15 to $19.50
Fire Emblem Awakening $25 to $29.25
Pokemon Platinum $20 to $29.25
Animal Crossing City Folk $10 to $15.60
Majora's Mask 3D $25 to $29.25
Where did you get Pokémon Platinum for $20?

I'm curious too. Cause I'd buy some if these games to keep for that price. I looked on eBay but couldn't find them.
I found individual listings and a bundle listing of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum for $14 each or $34 for all 3 but they definitely have to be fake (they are coming from HongKong of all places) Does GameStop even check to make sure they are real anymore?

I found individual listings and a bundle listing of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum for $14 each or $34 for all 3 but they definitely have to be fake (they are coming from HongKong of all places) Does GameStop even check to make sure they are real anymore?
Yeah you'll probably get them by a clueless employee but some 9 year old is going to end up with bootleg games.

So, I just got an email notification from bestbuy stating that they refunded me for one of my 3DS pokemon games that I apparently didn't pick up, which I totally did the other day....

Oh well, Alpha and Omega for ~$33ish  :D/

I'm curious too. Cause I'd buy some if these games to keep for that price. I looked on eBay but couldn't find them.
There was a seller selling them as "authentic" for $20.99 so I figured I would used that as an example but I guess it sold out.

Any chances of Lego Star Wars TFA having a TIV bump eventually? I ordered one of each for 360, WiiU and PS3 but I'm a bit hesitant on holding on to them since my return date is just around the corner. I know it seems like a no-brainer since I paid $24+tax ea and their current TIV are $13 base but just wondering how many people are on the same boat... 

I read a few posts behind that you're able to return unopened packages back to the sender and get a refund, how exactly does that work? Is it reliable? Anything to look out for? Thanks!

Week 5 of the sale just as bad as week 4 insomuch as there is no sale. Last week it was advertising trade in values towards the xbos that were the same as their normal trade in value, this week its just advertising their clearance section. What a joke.

Any chances of Lego Star Wars TFA having a TIV bump eventually? I ordered one of each for 360, WiiU and PS3 but I'm a bit hesitant on holding on to them since my return date is just around the corner. I know it seems like a no-brainer since I paid $24+tax ea and their current TIV are $13 base but just wondering how many people are on the same boat...

I read a few posts behind that you're able to return unopened packages back to the sender and get a refund, how exactly does that work? Is it reliable? Anything to look out for? Thanks!
Well, the sale ends tomorrow, so maybe they'll go back up after that? Cash=Credit ends on the 14th. I would just return them after that date if the values don't go back up

Might be a stupid question, but does a birthday coupon still work with a $$ off? I think the last time I did it was last year.
Yes, I did it on pro day with a birthday coupon, plus $10 off used coupon, $5 off used coupon, 10% off pro day bonus, 10% off regular pro bonus. It was awesome, got Uncharted 4 for like $11. :D

Traded in my xbox one controller and i noticed it got a bump today. I got $24.50 before the 20% preorder bonus+10% pur = $31.85

Week 5 of the sale just as bad as week 4 insomuch as there is no sale. Last week it was advertising trade in values towards the xbos that were the same as their normal trade in value, this week its just advertising their clearance section. What a joke.
There is a sale, but it's a thinkgeek sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back