GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghostbusters (XB1, PS4) is a BB DOTD for $23.99 GCU. You can trade it in for $27.50 cash. Probably one of the last chances you'll get to convert credit to cash.

Can someone clarify the current Xbox One S trade-in promo?  I have a Day One edition Xbox One and Day One edition controller I want to trade but I want to keep the Kinect.  There seems to be a bunch of various Xbox One models listed so I assume they are basically saying any Xbox One with a controller will get you $150 trade credit but I wanted to make sure it doesn't have to be an exact version they list there.  The closest listing I can find to mine would be:   Xbox One Black 500GB w/Original Controller

http://www.gamestop.com/trade#tradeupxb1s

Can someone clarify the current Xbox One S trade-in promo? I have a Day One edition Xbox One and Day One edition controller I want to trade but I want to keep the Kinect. There seems to be a bunch of various Xbox One models listed so I assume they are basically saying any Xbox One with a controller will get you $150 trade credit but I wanted to make sure it doesn't have to be an exact version they list there. The closest listing I can find to mine would be: Xbox One Black 500GB w/Original Controller

http://www.gamestop.com/trade#tradeupxb1s
You don't need to trade in the Kinect.

Can you buy a GameStop gift card in store with GameStop gift cards/trade credit cards? I have 16 GameStop gift cards/trade credit cards that I want to consolidate into one gift card. 

Can you buy a GameStop gift card in store with GameStop gift cards/trade credit cards? I have 16 GameStop gift cards/trade credit cards that I want to consolidate into one gift card.
I know for sure that you can consolidate gift cards, but I've had cashiers reject me when I pull out paper gift cards or use my Gyft app.

The only thing I'm confident is that you can't combine gift cards and trade credit into one card. They are considered different currencies.

I know for sure that you can consolidate gift cards, but I've had cashiers reject me when I pull out paper gift cards or use my Gyft app.
I'm guessing they reserve the right to do so but isn't that the whole point of the gyft app? To reduce wallet clutter?

I'm thinking this merits a burn...

you can buy a gamestop giftcard with your trade credit.
YMMV on this one. Numerous people have recently been denied since the POS doesn't allow it as a valid payment tender.

EDIT: My bad, apparently you can buy Gamestop GCs with trade credit. The POS will only deny gas cards and ebay cards if you're planning on paying with trade credit.

Wrong. The POS denies it for eBay and gas cards.

Nothing else.
my bad, but since that is the case then:

Are there any notable differences between trade credit and a GS giftcard other than trade credit not being taxable (in some areas)?

I'm guessing they reserve the right to do so but isn't that the whole point of the gyft app? To reduce wallet clutter?

I'm thinking this merits a burn...
When you don't have space on your phone for the GS app, might be best trying to burn someone else from using their phone with space to spare. :speaktothehand:

Weekend bumps usually last through Monday. Tomorrow will be drop day.
I'm probably the furthest thing from a GameStop trade value historian, but hasn't it been shoved down our throats in this very thread that those stealth weekend bumps usually end COB Tuesday, making Wednesday TIV drop day?

I'm probably the furthest thing from a GameStop trade value historian, but hasn't it been shoved down our throats in this very thread that those stealth weekend bumps usually end COB Tuesday, making Wednesday TIV drop day?
They have dropped the values on Tuesdays while not actually updating the prices on the app on website. So we just say Monday to be safe.

They have dropped sometimes after Monday and sometimes after Tuesday.

I personally do anything I have to do on Monday just to be safe.

I've been holding on to my Tomb Raider and Diablo UE for no apparent reasons. Hoping I can trade them tonight because those values dip 10 dollars lower after the bumps end.

Odd thing happened at GS today. Brought mad max for $15 new on sale recently. Returned it today with receipt. Was given $29.99 in trade credit and $1.80 in cash (for tax). Not complaining, just surprised.

If you have PRIME Now, you can get a delivery in 2 hours or less. I ordered Ninja Turtles, :ps4: Lego Avengers, and Just Dance 2016 for the xbox one over the weekend. It was nice way to turn my gift cards into cash.
forget prime now exist. i will do it if value hold tmrw(probably not).

Someone on the Gamestop reddit said that the cash same as credit promo has been extended through the end of the month. Not sure if it's true, just spreading the rumor.

Tried to do a trade on my second account and found out I hit the cash limit. I was expecting it but definitely traded over $500 on that one. My main one is probably still good and at around $400 I think. 

Tried to do a trade on my second account and found out I hit the cash limit. I was expecting it but definitely traded over $500 on that one. My main one is probably still good and at around $400 I think.
Any way for you to accurately total what you did and how much over the 500 you went? I know some people were thinking you could do 550 or potentially a little more.

This would help narrow down the limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back