GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a mighty sweet offer, both you guys should definitely redeem the coupon as I believe the upgrade should last a whole year.

Are you guys currently enrolled as PUR Pro (as in getting an extension) or do you guys have the free, PUR basic membership?

I'm assuming it was the latter since I checked my PUR Pro active offers but no dice. I'm aware woozies post says "free upgrade" but just want to make sure.
I definitely have the free membership, gonna go in store soon and get my free Pro upgrade before the offer expires =)

It's the latter.
I definitely have the free membership, gonna go in store soon and get my free Pro upgrade before the offer expires =)
Ohhhhhhh :whee: I guess it's time for us to make a few free basic accts & hope sometime down the road, they'll get free upgrades for more flips lolol...too bad they require DL for new memberships here tho =( grrr

Guess there is no way to make a free basic acct online is there without going in store?

Also is there a way to sign up for Skylanders Adventure Club without going in store? I thought they stopped that whole b6g1 deal coz I hadn't seen any advertisements lately but just noticed their advertisements again just now =/

Ohhhhhhh :whee: I guess it's time for us to make a few free basic accts & hope sometime down the road, they'll get free upgrades for more flips lolol...too bad they require DL for new memberships here tho =( grrr
Guess there is no way to make a free basic acct online is there without going in store?

=/
I made an extra PRO account and said it was a gift to my brother. Just say you're doing it for him and then don't give them your ID

Shit, right after I spent 15,000 points getting a pro membership coupon :/

Mine expired in June and I just renewed on Monday

I'll take the L unless I can stack it with my current year or just gift it to my cousin

Yeah, this dude didn't even check it at all though. The moment he saw the sticker he was like they can't take it. Didn't even ask for proof of purchase
It doesn't surprise me. Ultimately it's up to their discretion. They probably had a lot of people trade in stolen games (especially during this cash=credit promo) and just decided to put a complete stop to it.

As for getting shorted, are you sure he didn't put a refurb fee on your trade in? Whether he did or just shorted you the cash, let this be a lesson to you. Always know how much you are expecting back and always count the cash before you leave the register. The people at my stores always count it out in your hand, but I always watch them count it as they pull it out of the register too.

It doesn't surprise me. Ultimately it's up to their discretion. They probably had a lot of people trade in stolen games (especially during this cash=credit promo) and just decided to put a complete stop to it.

As for getting shorted, are you sure he didn't put a refurb fee on your trade in? Whether he did or just shorted you the cash, let this be a lesson to you. Always know how much you are expecting back and always count the cash before you leave the register. The people at my stores always count it out in your hand, but I always watch them count it as they pull it out of the register too.
Yeah I had no problem with the dude not accepting it but his tone made me think that he takes his job really seriously and/or a lot of people were trading in redbox games for cash. He rolled up the cash real good and didn't even hand the receipt until I asked for it which is why I think he did it on purpose. I guess I forgot to count it after asking for the receipt and grabbing my game back

Edit: And no there was no refurb fee on receipt

Im pretty sure the trade in values are going to last till sunday because a few of them with listed value are in the weekly ad. But its just a guess. You never know with gs.

Has anyone successfully traded over $500 cash over the last 30 days and not been trade banned for 90 days? I ask because I'm at $489 and need to save extra cash for my bros wedding (plane tickets).

When you guys say values have held, which values are you meaning? I need to convert some BB credit to cash.

Thanks.
The stealth bump that was active for the last two weekends. Games like Tomb Raider on the X1 are $27 cash/credit.

As for the trade thresholds it's been reported by others it's at least more than $500 cash. We don't know if it's $600/$700/$800/so on yet though. Need more contributions from cags that went over that limit. Only way to know is if they do a test trade and report back.

Has anyone successfully traded over $500 cash over the last 30 days and not been banned? I ask because I'm at $489 and need to save extra cash for my bros wedding (plane tickets).
I've definitely gone well past the $500 mark during this promo and haven't been banned. Just did a $82 cash trade this morning. I still have another trade in or two to do today but after that I can tally up my receipts and let you know the exact total.

The stealth bump that was active for the last two weekends. Games like Tomb Raider on the X1 are $27 cash/credit.

As for the trade thresholds it's been reported by others it's at least more than $500 cash. We don't know if it's $600/$700/$800/so on yet though. Need more contributions from cags that went over that limit. Only way to know is if they do a test trade and report back.
Time to take up a collection for someone to be the sacrificial lamb?

Not really a deal, but for those of you that need to hide your IP address Hidemyass.com takes gamestop (and many other) gift cards.  I have no idea about the Points to dollar value, but check it out, sorry I do not have a GS gift card on me to check..

Figured with everyone losing EBAY GCs, an outlet for GS credit this might be good for some.  I am not endorsing the site/service just trying to provide an outlet for excess GS credit and I have not seen this posted in the GS thread.

https://secure.paygarden.com/pay/site/prvx/hidemyass/card-details.

This is the perfect time to have a bunch of BB credit and too bad I only had about 50. So just did a few redbox and pm'd a few at Amazon to trade to gs

Not really a deal, but for those of you that need to hide your IP address Hidemyass.com takes gamestop (and many other) gift cards. I have no idea about the Points to dollar value, but check it out, sorry I do not have a GS gift card on me to check..

Figured with everyone losing EBAY GCs, an outlet for GS credit this might be good for some. I am not endorsing the site/service just trying to provide an outlet for excess GS credit and I have not seen this posted in the GS thread.

https://secure.paygarden.com/pay/site/prvx/hidemyass/card-details.
Commercial VPN IP numbers are too well known by the big sites. Take the Best Buy cards and buy a t-mobile hot spot instead. Just my opinion though if you want true stealth.

What are you talking about with the vp and t mobile thing? Would you break it down for the technically inclined? What are you being stealthy about?
In case your IP address gets black-listed and you can't place orders through it, you can use the different IP address you get from the mobile hotspot instead.

So i would like to confirm the $500 cash limit may have changed.  Not sure if they have it changed because of the current promo but i have done well over $500 and waited  a week and did a trade in tonight and had no issues doing cash again.  I have also been going between two different accounts which are both tied to the same ID as well. 

So i would like to confirm the $500 cash limit may have changed. Not sure if they have it changed because of the current promo but i have done well over $500 and waited a week and did a trade in tonight and had no issues doing cash again. I have also been going between two different accounts which are both tied to the same ID as well.
do you have a rough estimate of what your current total is? i don't recall anyone being sure that 500.00 was the limit, just that we had some very nebulous view of it being some amount over 500 was unsafe. it could be that the limit has always been lets say 600 for argument's sake, but if the people who are getting trade banned are all doing 750+ and everyone else is staying under 500 in cash we wouldn't know

So i would like to confirm the $500 cash limit may have changed. Not sure if they have it changed because of the current promo but i have done well over $500 and waited a week and did a trade in tonight and had no issues doing cash again. I have also been going between two different accounts which are both tied to the same ID as well.
But did you go over $500 on one account?

People keep saying well over $500 but I'll start believing it more once someone comes up with an actual $$$ all done on one account (implying they actually crunched the numbers). It's very easy to think you did well over $500 and actually be under.

Just tallied and double checked my receipts, from July 11th to yesterday I did a bit over $2000 in cash trades, and today I did a bit over $100 (no, those aren't typos). And during the last cash=credit promo I didn't get banned even though I went over the $500 mark, so I'm sticking with my theory that they get rid of the limit during promos like these.

Just tallied and double checked my receipts, from July 11th to yesterday I did a bit over $2000 in cash trades, and today I did a bit over $100 (no, those aren't typos). And during the last cash=credit promo I didn't get banned even though I went over the $500 mark, so I'm sticking with my theory that they get rid of the limit during promos like these.
hmm interesting stuff. if values hold tomorrow i might have to stop by a local pawn shop, and a well stocked redbox around 10 minutes from my house in that case

Seeing as how the trade limit is $2,000 itself I'm quite surprised.  Thanks for reporting though.

Watch all the angry cags that come back and complain if they find out they got hit with the banhammer going over $1K =)

Man i though my $800 in cash trades was high. Well done good sir

So the fine print on the cash same as credit on gamestops website says that it ends 8/28/16. Has anyone confirmed that it goes to the 14th as said before or the 28th like the website says?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back