GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about PUR coupons. I have over 20,000 points now. If I request a $20 off coupon from the website, can it be used to purchase a PSN or Xbox Live gift card in store, or do I have to buy a physical game with it?

I have a question about PUR coupons. I have over 20,000 points now. If I request a $20 off coupon from the website, can it be used to purchase a PSN or Xbox Live gift card in store, or do I have to buy a physical game with it?
I believe the $ off coupons cannot be used on any type of "gift cards", you won't be able to use them on PSN or Xbox Live cards.

Just tried to order my 4th copy of tmnt on both systems from Amazon and said I hit the limit. Didn't realize they cut you off at 3 copies a game. Anyone know how long it takes for that to reset?

You do know they have PSN and Xbox credit certs you can redeem with points.

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about Target 50% off used games and the flips with that. I found Diablo for 13 and last gen deadpool for 9.
I was the one who originally mentioned it in the Target weekly thread. At the time, the discount wasn't working without a manager override and it was a pain in the ass to get them to honor their own shelf tickets. But yes, it is a good flip-portunity!

Thanks for mentioning the TMNT flip. I was able to PM two copies of TMNT at one Target, one for XB1 & one for PS4 (have Target credit). Went to 2 different GSs to trade in. Overall cash so far $306.

So I didn't even know these existed but I just checked my PowerUp Rewards account and I have an active offer for a free upgrade to Pro membership. I have been a Pro member and all the previous iterations for about 12 years straight and haven't renewed now in over a year so maybe that is why?

Regardless I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these? I was curious if it still would credit me a B2G1 free coupon to my active offers as if I were upgrading normally. Also, do these coupons still take days to get on to your account?

I was the one who originally mentioned it in the Target weekly thread. At the time, the discount wasn't working without a manager override and it was a pain in the ass to get them to honor their own shelf tickets. But yes, it is a good flip-portunity!
I noticed, but it was mentioned here once and was done.

I noticed, but it was mentioned here once and was done.
It's fine! I wasn't looking for acknowledgment, but I was just saying that I think that glitch that occurred when the Target deal started might have been what turned people off. I know that's what stopped me from going back there to check even after other CAGs reported that the 50% was coming off without the override. I might go back to the store up the street this afternoon to see if there is anything good left, but as was mentioned earlier, it might be a crapshoot. Mine had more Wii games than anything else, and most of those were licensed kid's games that weren't worth much when I checked the GameStop app. In all honesty, I was really looking for titles to fill out my 360 collection since all the pre-owned 360 and PS3 titles at Target are supposed to ring up for $6.49 each.

So I didn't even know these existed but I just checked my PowerUp Rewards account and I have an active offer for a free upgrade to Pro membership. I have been a Pro member and all the previous iterations for about 12 years straight and haven't renewed now in over a year so maybe that is why?

Regardless I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these? I was curious if it still would credit me a B2G1 free coupon to my active offers as if I were upgrading normally. Also, do these coupons still take days to get on to your account?

How many points do yo have in that account? It's free to upgrade if you have enough points every year. I haven't paid for a membership in about 7 years cause I get enough points from trading and buying every year.

How many points do yo have in that account? It's free to upgrade if you have enough points every year. I haven't paid for a membership in about 7 years cause I get enough points from trading and buying every year.
No yeah it definitely isn't from my points, I only had a small handful because I didn't realize they had changed the way you bank points and it autoassigned a monetary coupon a while back.

I guess then if the coupon you buy with Reward Points gives a b2g1 coupon then so should this random free one I received?

Someone else mentioned getting that after having their Pro lapse for a while. I would assume it's just going to treat it as a normal membership renewal like when you use the coupon from PUR points.

TMNT Mutants in Manhattan for PS4 went back up to $20 on Amazon. Xbox One version is still holding at less than $18. Price match while you can.

TMNT Mutants in Manhattan for PS4 went back up to $20 on Amazon. Xbox One version is still holding at less than $18. Price match while you can.
Oof. Thank goodness I pricematched this morning for $18ish.

Edit: TMNT on X1 is rising. Over $18 now. TMNT on PS4 is dropping. Under $20 now.

Damn that sucks. Do you know if it was because of doing too much cash trade ins or for trading more than 4 copies of a game in a month?
The game that I traded the most was TMNT: 3 :ps4: and 1 xbone copies. It must have been a credit/cash limit that I hit. And i thought that I was being careful...fail!

i am at 558.8 should i take my chance lol :/ tmnt bb give 20+2 for little profit.

I just split it up with my wife. To be safe. I also split it up with 2 accounts per person. 1 for passport and 1 driver's license. I just do 2-3 per account per 30 days. I've been doing this since last years summer flips and been fine so far.

I just split it up with my wife. To be safe. I also split it up with 2 accounts per person. 1 for passport and 1 driver's license. I just do 2-3 per account per 30 days. I've been doing this since last years summer flips and been fine so far.
Lol dang...I read it like "I just split with my wife. Trade blah blah" i was like savage took 2 PRO accounts in the settlement lol

i am at 558.8 should i take my chance lol :/ tmnt bb give 20+2 for little profit.
Up to you, its possible 500 might be overkill already. I went from 480 to 620 before trade ban so i cant say if it was 500 or 600 that triggered it. If someone else confirms it to be 500 you may as well just flip them since youd already be over.

The game that I traded the most was TMNT: 3 :ps4: and 1 xbone copies. It must have been a credit/cash limit that I hit. And i thought that I was being careful...fail!
I screwed up yesterday too. Traded in 1 too many accessories. I realized it right after I finished and got in the car. The worst part I had a paper list of what I could still trade in. Feel like an idiot.

just totaled it up. I think my cash trade total is $636.90, i was just under 500 before i did the $140 trade in.  trade ban msg popped up today.  So if anyone out there has the ban on between $500 and 599.99 we need to hear you  chime in, otherwise it may be $600 is the threshold.  i'm about out of things to flip in my area, so i took one for the team to test it out, had some XB1 TMNTs that i couldn't trade today... drove em back over to best buy and boomerang'd them lol

just totaled it up. I think my cash trade total is $636.90, i was just under 500 before i did the $140 trade in. trade ban msg popped up today. So if anyone out there has the ban on between $500 and 599.99 we need to hear you chime in, otherwise it may be $600 is the threshold. i'm about out of things to flip in my area, so i took one for the team to test it out, had some XB1 TMNTs that i couldn't trade today... drove em back over to best buy and boomerang'd them lol
when did you do the 140 tade in?

So is this whole trade ban thing only with in a 90 day period? Made about $80 today flipping 10 copies of TMNT. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back