GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Free PS4s and MORE! Ya just gotta put in a little work. That's all!

p1wtYRc.jpg
So many people use this image, and I still have no clue what it means.

Bummer, couldn't do credit for an eBay card tonight

Had $300 ready to buy that Xbox one s bundle on eBay , someone trade me some eBay gift cards ;)

I only looked up about five random games but there appears to be a trade bump on the ones I did check.

Wished I had waited for Deadpool. Was scared it would drop further. Lol! New to this so I'm learning. Is it usual for TIVs to go up and down like this? How can you predict which games would hold their values eg GTA V?

1) Is it usual for TIVs to go up and down like this?

2)How can you predict which games would hold their values eg GTA V?
1) Yes. It's infuriating.

2) You can't!

I've no idea how they crafted their algorithm, because it seems idiotic at times. On several occassions I've witnessed them bumping up random trade values to ludicrous amounts, and a week or so later drop the selling price of the game to lower than what they were just paying out for it. Some of it is based on units on hand, which can be obnoxious because they'll drop the TIV and price of a popular game to next to nothing (perhaps because flippers across the US bombarded them with trades), only to raise it back up again a couple weeks later.

Mad Max $9 Redbox.  X1/PS4.  > $16.50 cash

Batman Arkham Knight $9 Redbox X1 >  $13.20

Kung Fu Panda X1 $9 Redbox > $13.20

Don't say I never gave u anything.

Still hoping to hear this too. I went over 600 and got trade banned. But if there are people over 500 who can still trade we'll know what the limit is
You've basically confirmed it then. Several people have gone over $500 with a test trade but not with $600. $600 is the limit then. What's your exact tally at (before your banned trade attempt)?

You've basically confirmed it then. Several people have gone over $500 with a test trade but not with $600. $600 is the limit then. What's your exact tally at (before your banned trade attempt)?
i posted it a while back, not going to do the exact calculations again but i think it was ~640. i went from ~480 to that and then a day or two later attempted a trade in and got the trade ban popup.

we still need people to not just go to 500, but trade in again after a few days to see if they get banned(or reports from people who have naturally done that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back