GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
What if (instead of values tanking as the haters think they will) they do a weekend trade bump at the same time as this bonus?

It could be EPIC!
Yes this would be great but GS has done weekend tanks as well in the past and most of the time the weekend bumps happen the last Friday of the month (9/30)

After going through my archive I just noticed shortly after Deus Ex Mankind Divided released Gamestop jacked up the price of Human revolution from 2.99 to 9.99 and the directors cut for the ps3 went from 9.99 to 14.99.

After going through my archive I just noticed shortly after Deus Ex Mankind Divided released Gamestop jacked up the price of Human revolution from 2.99 to 9.99 and the directors cut for the ps3 went from 9.99 to 14.99.
Wow, now I'm really glad I replaced my standard edition copy when it first dropped to $2.99.

What a scrub! Game Crazy it where it's at!

Pretty sure they're long out of business...
3054981-inline-i-5-these-are-the-bill-nye-reaction-gifs-you-didnt-know-you-needed.gif

Some stores will either refuse to honor saved values or not know how to manually override values.
This. I stopped trying the last time I had the guy adamantly claim that the saved value was the base value plus the bonus. Despite doing the math to show that makes zero sense, he refused to budge.

If I'm recalling the last time it was around noon-ish or 1pm EST.  Values changed mid day and an email was sent to stores that decreased certain values.

Ugh, douchebag manager at Best Buy denied me a price match for A Link Between Worlds in hopes of a flip today. He was one of those detective managers who looked at every possible way to deny it. He first wanted the cashier to call Frys to see if the price was correct. Then he realized the line behind me was getting pretty long, so he wanted to verify it on the store computer rather than my phone. He clicked "add to cart" and that still wasn't enough. Backed out of it and then decided to "check store availability." It was out of stock in my local Frys, so he pointed at the screen and was all like "See! it's out of stock. We can't price match it." Even though it was in stock at another Frys about 100 miles away.

I was going to dispute it, but decided to just give up due to all the effort he was putting into denying it. Gonna try another Best Buy today.

Ugh, douchebag manager at Best Buy denied me a price match for A Link Between Worlds in hopes of a flip today. He was one of those detective managers who looked at every possible way to deny it. He first wanted the cashier to call Frys to see if the price was correct. Then he realized the line behind me was getting pretty long, so he wanted to verify it on the store computer rather than my phone. He clicked "add to cart" and that still wasn't enough. Backed out of it and then decided to "check store availability." It was out of stock in my local Frys, so he pointed at the screen and was all like "See! it's out of stock. We can't price match it." Even though it was in stock at another Frys about 100 miles away.

I was going to dispute it, but decided to just give up due to all the effort he was putting into denying it. Gonna try another Best Buy today.
Thanks for pointing this one out. I'm definitely gonna try and flip this. That's like a $16 profit for me for each. The next closest store in stock (I'm in Houston) is in Georgia though haha. I'm hoping for a cashier who won't pay attention.

Their PM policy is to only match with a local competitor, normally within 25 miles of the location, so it sounds like he was just doing his job. Sorry you had one of the competent ones this morning.

That's when you tell him you'll buy it anyway. Then come back the next day, ask for him by name and say that you want him to handle the exchange for you. When they ask for the reason for the return, you simply say you weren't satisfied with the service you received. Some things are worth blowing a few minutes on.

Last week I managed to snag someone who sold their PS4 lot for $50 on craigslist. Three controllers, Dying Light, Need for Speed, and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I got a lucky deal there.

Now time to go trade them all into GameStop with this bonus and get a better deal. $36.75 per controller, can't complain.

Last week I managed to snag someone who sold their PS4 lot for $50 on craigslist. Three controllers, Dying Light, Need for Speed, and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I got a lucky deal there.

Now time to go trade them all into GameStop with this bonus and get a better deal. $36.75 per controller, can't complain.
That deal, though.

I'll give you $60.

looks like they updated. values already dropped on a few old games I was watching. hope the Xbox controls are still $23 to get rid of a couple so I can finally have an official bright orange and blue control.

Some Nintendo Selects are trading in for more than they are being sold for lol.

See Donkey Kong Returns 3d and Windwaker HD for examples.

Yes, $10 base is $16 after promo (with pro). All used games (with pro) are 20% less than new. Nintendo Selects are $19.99 new making them $15.74 used.

$16 > $15.74

Yes, $10 base is $16 after promo (with pro). All used games (with pro) are 20% less than new. Nintendo Selects are $19.99 new making them $15.74 used.

$16 > $15.74
I'm all about flipping and I'll flip some low values too if I'm already going to the store but is 26 cents really worth it?

I'm all about flipping and I'll flip some low values too if I'm already going to the store but is 26 cents really worth it?
Lol I had a copy of DK3D that I needed to get rid of. I just thought I'd mention how trade in is more than what it is sold for used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back