GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
CAG Bingo if anyone is interested. Looks like we got the top center one. (Sorry for Shike4242 name misspell)

2DNC9ty.png

just wanted to know how everyone is makin double their $ from gs but everyone has to be a cum guzzling cock swalloing fgt on here. dumb ass blk beard keep posting ur spread sheet when i tell u idk what any of tht shit means
You are not going to get much help now by insulting blackbeard.

I am going to break it down in the interest of minimizing stupid questions continuing to clutter the thread.

1. Use and understand the spreadsheet, and know it can change daily

2. Never bite the hand that feeds (that means quit attacking blackbeard you lurking tools)

3. There is no awesome flip/boomerang at GS at the moment. That one day deal died yesterday so it doesn't matter what the deal was.

4. Keep yours eyes open, as you never know when the next trade bonus, GS math fail glitch, or TIV weekend bump will happen.

Definitions for the truly retarded:

GS - GameStop

flip - buying item cheap at one store and selling for more to another store

boomerang - buying item cheap at one store and selling for more to another store of the same retailer

TIV - trade in value

sarcasm - Example: When someone lazy asks "What are the good flipz pleeze?" and someone responds with the crappiest deals they can find such as telling them to trade high value games like Mario Kart 8 and Left4Dead2 when the TIV was less than $2 each

I am going to break it down in the interest of minimizing stupid questions continuing to clutter the thread.
Maybe someone can finally update the first post with this info so the same questions don't get asked over and over again. Who is allowed to make a new thread anyway?

1. Use and understand the spreadsheet, and know it can change daily

2. Never bite the hand that feeds (that means quit attacking blackbeard you lurking tools)

3. There is no awesome flip/boomerang at GS at the moment. That one day deal died yesterday so it doesn't matter what the deal was.

4. Keep yours eyes open, as you never know when the next trade bonus, GS math fail glitch, or TIV weekend bump will happen.

Definitions for the truly retarded:

GS - GameStop

flip - buying item cheap at one store and selling for more to another store

boomerang - buying item cheap at one store and selling for more to another store of the same retailer

TIV - trade in value

sarcasm - Example: When someone lazy asks "What are the good flipz pleeze?" and someone responds with the crappiest deals they can find such as telling them to trade high value games like Mario Kart 8 and Left4Dead2 when the TIV was less than $2 each
#3 was all anyone needed to say

i wasnt getting any help to begin with and this wasnt directed at him but he falls into the category forsure.
haha, i wasnt talking about blackbeard when i said "dumbass blackbeard" aka i just figured out i better try and put out the bridges i set on fire before its too late.

There is a FAQ on the first post if you are confused on how trading in games work.

If you can't read a spreadsheet, then I don't think anyone here can help you. You might need to find a 3rd grade math teacher to help you learn subtraction and multiplication in a way that you can understand.

Before I get too much into figuring out the code, I believe I found a way to compare GS, BB, and now Amazon TIV all in one query. My question is though how many of you trade games into Amzaon? Would it be worth my time trying to get it to work for all of you? Thanks for your input in advance. 

EDIT: Also how many of you care about BB preowned prices being on the sheet. I find usually all the normal flips for those are never in stock anyway.

oh thx for clearing that up ...idiot
I'm giving you a citation for being fucking stupid without a license and another for just being cancer. Court date is October 22nd because Battlefield 1 comes out on the 21st and I gotta play that shit day one.

Maybe someone can finally update the first post with this info so the same questions don't get asked over and over again. Who is allowed to make a new thread anyway?
Great idea. Too bad that when it is put into execution, people still don't bother looking at the OP.

Before I get too much into figuring out the code, I believe I found a way to compare GS, BB, and now Amazon TIV all in one query. My question is though how many of you trade games into Amzaon? Would it be worth my time trying to get it to work for all of you? Thanks for your input in advance.

EDIT: Also how many of you care about BB preowned prices being on the sheet. I find usually all the normal flips for those are never in stock anyway.
The only reason I don't trade into Amazon is because I'm too lazy to compare values there too. I'm sure if you added the feature then I would start ;)

Edit: looking at the posts below, I don't think it is worth the effort if trading in is that much of a hassle.

For BB preowned it is so hit or miss that I honestly don't look at those flips anymore.

amazon trade in is dead to me, they reject things for no reason and take a month to send it back and by then its worthless. it may be valuable to include for when something is high enough to take the risk, but every day trading i dont think its all that great.

preowned best buy isnt important to me either since like you said its never in stock and my local best buy has nothing worthwhile in the used section.

Amazon trade in system is dead, there are more and more rejections and for all the bull shit reasons. I'd stay the fuck away from Amazon.

Brick & Mortar has its advantages, imagine arguing with Amazon on why the disc is scratched to hell when it was pristine when you sent it.

Amazon would be amazing.

I dont used the BB used prices because I can never find the games I need.

I am not sure if Amazon would be worth it, as much as I would like it. If you follow the Amazon thread, nearly all the flips are older games. Also once posted, the allotted amount of trade ins goes quickly.

The BB preowned prices seem useless unless there is a b1g1 or some similar promo going on.

haha, i wasnt talking about blackbeard when i said "dumbass blackbeard" aka i just figured out i better try and put out the bridges i set on fire before its too late.
did u read what the other moron quoted? bc that wasnt in there...one more dumbass. take dudes dick out of mouth why dont u

nvm i dont remember what i post and who quotes what....but really tho take that dick out of ur mouth

Got :pS4: Destiny yesterday to boomerang for a very small profit but mostly wanted to rack up PUR points since I wasn't losing anything. The guy swapped it under the counter for a used Taken King copy, the 30 day PSN trial was used but the Taken King DLC wasn't! Now I just got to buy back Destiny today for $5 using the free credit from yesterday lol.
This got lost in the shuffle. Unless you get the ROI DLC, you will feel left out.

I wonder if the $50 off xb1 coupon was sent to those who have t GS credit card. A GS associate told me the credit card decision was responsible for this promotion. I would call them about the coupon but I don't want a GS credit card nor do I want to hear the sales pitch.

Personally I wouldn't care about Amazon TIVs since you have to send it to them and deal with them possibly scratching it and sending it back for no reason, at that point you might as well sell them on eBay. As for Best Buy preowned, I find that the website is always wrong for preowned game stock (says they have a game when they don't, says no stores have it when they actually do, etc.), so I never bother with Best Buy preowned games. Plus if you get them online it's a pain to return them since preowned games come shrinkwrapped.

Amazon TIVs would be great but jq finds some good values for cags in the Amazon thread. The spreadsheet would help but the values would die so quickly and change so fast idk

Well it seems Amazon trade in values are not very helpful to you guys, I see your points, but what about Amazon prices (PM at other stores)? I know they can change at any minute throughout the day but I figure at least a snapshot can give you an idea what it will be around. I have been optimizing the BB/GS query so it takes a lot less time to do (~2hrs down to ~20 minutes) maybe I can update that tab multiple times a day to compensate for Amazon price changes.

Well it seems Amazon trade in values are not very helpful to you guys, I see your points, but what about Amazon prices (PM at other stores)? I know they can change at any minute throughout the day but I figure at least a snapshot can give you an idea what it will be around. I have been optimizing the BB/GS query so it takes a lot less time to do (~2hrs down to ~20 minutes) maybe I can update that tab multiple times a day to compensate for Amazon price changes.
I'd definitely get some use out of that.

That would be useful even if you only do it once a day.

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Now the flip during last summer with the 50% receipt coupons were nuts. $75 for pikmin 3 and $60 for plenty of other games let everyone make out with several thousands.

Even if you did 4x of yesterday's glitch it was around $150 profit. It's not pennies on the dollar but there's so much trolling and name calling over a small amount.

I wonder if the $50 off xb1 coupon was sent to those who have t GS credit card. A GS associate told me the credit card decision was responsible for this promotion. I would call them about the coupon but I don't want a GS credit card nor do I want to hear the sales pitch.
I don't think so. Both me and my wife have 2 separate PUR Pro accounts and we each have had the credit card since the early days of it's release, and neither one of us got the coupon.

Also, my account has an Xbox One S purchase tied to it, but hers does not, so that doesn't seem to make a difference either.

My PUR account has a little over 500,000 points lifetime and I probably use it in some way once a week, whereas hers still has under 100,000, but probably hasn't been used in 2 or 3 months, so I don't think it has to do with purchase frequency or volume, either.

I can't think of any other reason why some got the coupon and some didn't other than it just being completely random.

I have a credit card and I didn't get one so null on that theory.

As others have commented BB preowned price are only good when there is a buy some get some deal. I think Amazon would be a good addition, seeing as getting Amazon gift cards is no longer an option.

AMZ is useless since their prices move so fast and frequently

BB used games are only good once in a while during B_G_ sales. but personally it's a pain to find something to pair up when they usually limit 1 of each per transaction

unless you have tons of time to kill i think maintaining the BB GS TIV/flip would be the most efficient use of your time. 

I would definitely use the Amazon prices even if it were once a day. I don't think trade ins would be as useful since they die so quickly on Amazon now and you'd to wade through a lot of paltry trade in values.

I haven't gotten the coupon either and have no GS CC, nor have I preordered the Gears bundle for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back