GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly unless your disc looks like complete shit, just take it back. Odds are the next store will take them in. Maybe give them a little polish with your shirt to take out any fingerprints or dust.
I had two RedBox games where taking the sticker off the center of the disc took some of the artwork with it. One of them was Transformers Devastation with that "RedBox Rental Disc" crap all over it, and one of my farther out of the way GS stores took them with no problem! I was shocked and impressed!

post 21204

Unless you have your post per page set to 5, you are lies.

The issue is that good Samaritans have taken the 5 minutes to explain every other page (if you have it set to 50 posts per page like a boss would). So instead of being a selfish person and expecting someone to take 5 minutes to walk you through something, be a cool person and take 5 minutes yourself to skim.

There isn't some high level Mason's Divinci Code cryptology going on here. No one is actively hiding and hoarding deals. Everyone is just tired of people jumping in and asking for help when that help was posted 3 posts above.
I just got my Madden 17, when do the GCU points post?!?

Quick question when/where would be a good time to trade games in? I have some PS3/PS4/3ds games I want to unload and hope to make enough for Final Fantasy Worlds and DQ Builders. Also is there any coupons I should be looking out for? I was trying to find my answer in this thread before asking but there is a lot of phrases going back and forth that I'm not picking up on.

Quick question when/where would be a good time to trade games in? I have some PS3/PS4/3ds games I want to unload and hope to make enough for Final Fantasy Worlds and DQ Builders. Also is there any coupons I should be looking out for? I was trying to find my answer in this thread before asking but there is a lot of phrases going back and forth that I'm not picking up on.
To add to what others have said, do you have a Gamer's Club Unlocked membership? If you do, you might want to keep your eye out for credit movers from GS to BB (buy a game from GS and trade it to BB) and preorder there instead for the extra 20% off.

To add to what others have said, do you have a Gamer's Club Unlocked membership? If you do, you might want to keep your eye out for credit movers from GS to BB (buy a game from GS and trade it to BB) and preorder there instead for the extra 20% off.
I don't. I rarely trade games in. I usually sell them here or on GameTZ. But nobody is buying so rather then have it gather dust I'll just take a loss and get somthing I want. :)

I don't. I rarely trade games in. I usually sell them here or on GameTZ. But nobody is buying so rather then have it gather dust I'll just take a loss and get somthing I want. :)
It's your call. I personally think all 3 memberships (PUR Pro at GameStop, GCU at BB, and Prime at Amazon) are worthwhile investments in the long run.

And yes, you can just cancel the preorder the next day.

And after all said and done I just remove the preorder the next day?

I did it at a mall the same day last month. I preordered for the bonus, shopped at the mall for an hour and then canceled. The guy tried to tell me I couldn't do that and he gave in after I asked if I can film him on my iPhone with him saying that.

But yes, you can cancel same day, next day, next month... Doesn't matter. And I won't let an employee try to bully me into thinking otherwise.

It would be really stupid of me to want the Infinite Warfare Legacy Pro edition....but I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

I'm surprised there has been no update on their season pass either. 

I remember someone saying you need the infinite warfare to play modern warfare, but after looking at the faq, it says it's a full game download, and one question is do you need infinite warfare in order to play modern warfare and the answer is you need to own infinite warfare in order to get modern warfare. So it sounds like the only way to get modern warfare is to buy the legacy, but you don't actually need it to run the game.

I know they want the promos to help sell the CoD CEs, but I can't imagine what they'll do with so many copies from people who just put the pre-order down and run. Stores will be stacked with the CEs from no one picking them up, and maybe they'll clearance them rather quickly in the long run. I'll probably hold on to my pre-order if I trade in for whenever and if ever they drop the price on those. Although knowing Gamestop, my copy will be gone or they'll lose my pre-order somewhere. I wonder if I can get a refund if that happens...

I remember someone saying you need the infinite warfare to play modern warfare, but after looking at the faq, it says it's a full game download, and one question is do you need infinite warfare in order to play modern warfare and the answer is you need to own infinite warfare in order to get modern warfare. So it sounds like the only way to get modern warfare is to buy the legacy, but you don't actually need it to run the game.
I'm not sure how it's going to work because I think they are allowing you to play the remastered version 30 days before release if you have it preordered. I'm kind of thinking of running through the campaign and then cancelling the preorder. Then I'll pick up the CE when it drops to super cheap like AW did.

I'm not sure how it's going to work because I think they are allowing you to play the remastered version 30 days before release if you have it preordered. I'm kind of thinking of running through the campaign and then cancelling the preorder. Then I'll pick up the CE when it drops to super cheap like AW did.
Unfortunately that's only for PS4, I'm on Xbox one. Sucks that the exclusivity is with Playstation now.

Chockingduck I messaged you about your coupon.

Does anyone else have a coupon for trade or bestow? My friend is looking for one now too. TIA

If you were planning on getting the modern warfare remastered campaign early, there are some rules that you might find interesting. You must pay off your preorder in full before getting the code. You also cannot cancel the preorder once you get the code.

Since you will have to pay off your preorder, I think this will affect your ability to take advantage of the 50% trade in boost unless you decide to preorder another copy.

If you were planning on getting the modern warfare remastered campaign early, there are some rules that you might find interesting. You must pay off your preorder in full before getting the code. You also cannot cancel the preorder once you get the code.

Since you will have to pay off your preorder, I think this will affect your ability to take advantage of the 50% trade in boost unless you decide to preorder another copy.
Bonus doesn't apply to :xb1: version?

Really hoping Madden will still be around 40 this weekend with the bonuses and such since I got it from the Xbox One S Bundle and I already own it on PS4.

So if we don't want to get stuck with the preorder, we should preorder the X1 version rather than the PS4 version, just to be safe? Thanks for the tip off

So if we don't want to get stuck with the preorder, we should preorder the X1 version rather than the PS4 version, just to be safe? Thanks for the tip off
Paying it off and keeping the pre-order only applies if you want to get the early access to the campaign. You could technically pre-order the legacy/legacy pro for either version to trigger 50% trade bump

I don't get where you're seeing you can't cancel the preorder. Only if you buy digital (pre-purchase) at GS does it say you can't get a refund. I don't get the big deal. You can only use it for 30 days, then you have to have the Infinite Warfare disc or own a digital copy. Their goal is to get people to go ahead and pony up the money and get attached to MWR.

Looks like NBA and NHL will be trading in for $48 with the 50% bonus.  NHL is $40 at BB with GCU currently

Resident Evil 5 and 6 are straight credit movers now and should be roughly $6 flips tomorrow.

I don't get where you're seeing you can't cancel the preorder. Only if you buy digital (pre-purchase) at GS does it say you can't get a refund. I don't get the big deal. You can only use it for 30 days, then you have to have the Infinite Warfare disc or own a digital copy. Their goal is to get people to go ahead and pony up the money and get attached to MWR.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/554xb3/lost_my_receipt_for_preorder_game_for_call_of_duty/

So the safe bet is to pre-order the :xb1: version, since there's no early access and it's included in the bonus.
You can just say you don't care about early access and not pay it off in full. I just wanted to give a heads up because I planned on blowing through the campaign, cancelling the preorder, then picking it up in the future ones the price drops. I guess I can't do that and need to decide if I want to pick it up at launch or not. I'm going to be busy with other games so I think it can wait.

I wouldn't get too excited about the stealth bump just yet. Remember, the 50% preorder bonus starts tomorrow, and the last stealth bump only lasted for one day

Any tradeup deals happening for ps4 > ps4k? 

Asking because I can get a ps4 w/ 6 games and 2 controllers on CL for like $125, want to trade up for a 4k though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back