GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
App reflects that values have held and cash now matches credit as Deader and a few others have suggested would happen today.

As a PSA for anyone who hasn't read it before, Monday is usually the last day of weekend stealth bumps. So if you have any games with higher than normal values trade them in today, or they will drop in value tomorrow.

Hey blackbeard, I think on your sheets the tab for GS/BB comparison TiV is broken. Tried it on desktop and mobile and all I get are empty cells

Ended up picking up an XBox One S last week with Horizon 3 as my free game.  I haven't opened it as I was going to give as a gift.  Found out they already have it.  If I have a receipt, will I get grief if I try to exchange for Mafia III this week or Gears next week?

Ended up picking up an XBox One S last week with Horizon 3 as my free game. I haven't opened it as I was going to give as a gift. Found out they already have it. If I have a receipt, will I get grief if I try to exchange for Mafia III this week or Gears next week?
I don't think so because I've done it my self, but ymmv. Depends if you have cool employees there and also make sure you don't open the game. I always say it doesn't hurt to at least try. Just explain your situation and hopefully they're cool about it.

I don't think so because I've done it my self, but ymmv. Depends if you have cool employees there and also make sure you don't open the game. I always say it doesn't hurt to at least try. Just explain your situation and hopefully they're cool about it.
Yeah, definitely have it still sealed and will keep it that way. I wasn't sure since it was zeroed out if they would give me grief or refuse. I bought the Ultimate Edition myself and will probably use XBox credit (from XBox fitness purchases) to just pick it up digitally. I'll trade the disc in during a promotion.

Lego Jurassic World for most platforms (360 is best) is a flip/credit mover from BB to GS if you are still doing the 50%

There is a rare game I want and the only GS to have it is 90 miles away. I went to my local store to have it shipped and after 5 minutes of him doing a SKU check, the employee from the far away store told my store's employee that it was on a web hold. Well that's funny because the game isn't even listed on the website or the app. After that I called the store and called him out on the item not being on the website or the app, and the guy got defensive, saying he had no idea how or why that could happen, but that he could sell it to me tomorrow if it's still there.

So I'm thinking he saw the game, tried to frantically come up with an excuse to not ship it so he could buy it for himself, and got caught in a lie. What are my options? This is like the fifth time this has happened to me where a rare game just "happens" to be on hold for someone else. fucking stupid that employees can pull that shit.

Hey Blackbeard, on the 4th tab of your spread sheet I'm seeing the games listed as boomerang but am not seeing how the values add up, is there something I'm missing ?

There is a rare game I want and the only GS to have it is 90 miles away. I went to my local store to have it shipped and after 5 minutes of him doing a SKU check, the employee from the far away store told my store's employee that it was on a web hold. Well that's funny because the game isn't even listed on the website or the app. After that I called the store and called him out on the item not being on the website or the app, and the guy got defensive, saying he had no idea how or why that could happen, but that he could sell it to me tomorrow if it's still there.

So I'm thinking he saw the game, tried to frantically come up with an excuse to not ship it so he could buy it for himself, and got caught in a lie. What are my options? This is like the fifth time this has happened to me where a rare game just "happens" to be on hold for someone else. fucking stupid that employees can pull that shit.
What game is it?

I'd rather not say, on the off chance that it lasts until the end of the day and someone here snipes it from me lol. If it gets sold I'll let you know which one it is though, maybe you can offer me a possible explanation
If I was that employee, I would have directed you to my ebay listing page. If you have anything else to say, make that roundtrip of 180 miles lol

What game is it?
180511b.jpg

You didn't want to put $5 down on an Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition preorder to make that $20, and cancel the preorder later?
I know I probably should but just never feel like doing that dance. I only paid $11.99 plus tax for the game at BB so I am happy to get that back.

Just an fyi. Was confirmed today that you need infinate warefare disk in order to play Modern Warfare remastered so anyone who was planning on getting it just for modern warfare and trading in infinate warfare wont work.

I typically fulfill the pre-order and then just return the game later, maybe even to a different GS.
Maybe if I had a stack of games or accessories it would have been worth that effort. I will keep that in mind for the next time though. There is a GS near my job which is decent and easy to get to at lunch time. Having to drive past my house up to the mall to return at a different GS is a hassle for a few bucks.

Just an fyi. Was confirmed today that you need infinate warefare disk in order to play Modern Warfare remastered so anyone who was planning on getting it just for modern warfare and trading in infinate warfare wont work.
Yeah saw that. Almost stopped at BB at lunch time to pre order the standard version for a co worker. Free $10 cert/points.

wait a minute, i have RE6 PS4 too.  It works for the CoD pre order thing?  Can I pre order two CoDs (I have Dead Island to trade in too) and get $40 and then cancel later?  Im planning on getting Killing Floor 2 instead for that $40.

I never go to Gamestop anymore.

wait a minute, i have RE6 PS4 too. It works for the CoD pre order thing? Can I pre order two CoDs (I have Dead Island to trade in too) and get $40 and then cancel later? Im planning on getting Killing Floor 2 instead for that $40.

You don't have to preorder one copy for every game you trade in. You only have to preorder once to get the boosted values on everything you are trading in during that transaction.

wait a minute, i have RE6 PS4 too. It works for the CoD pre order thing? Can I pre order two CoDs (I have Dead Island to trade in too) and get $40 and then cancel later? Im planning on getting Killing Floor 2 instead for that $40.

You can actually trade both in and get the 50% extra on both games with just 1 preorder. Hell, you technically only need to put $5 on COD, I believe.

You don't have to preorder one copy for every game you trade in. You only have to preorder once to get the boosted values on everything you are trading in during that transaction.
Also, you can go back later and add more to the same pre-order and take advantage of the bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back