GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Haul to date: Hastings is closing down so 90% off used, $9.99 rentals

Cash Trade in:  with PRO CARD                              50% extra trade in plus pro towards call of duty       not trade yet

Bloodborne :      $9.99    GS: 13.75                         Wii Party U $9.99 GS: 24.00                               Witcher 3 xb1 $9.99

Splatoon:            $9.99    GS: $27.50               forza horizon 2  $9.99  GS:32.00                        borderlands 2Goty $3.20

Dishonored PS4 $9.99    GS:13.75                  rise tomb raider $9.99  GS:16.00                        mario galaxy 2       $9.99

Ultra SF ps3       $1.50    GS: 7.70                    RORY Pga        $9.99  GS: 24.00                      red dead goty ps3  $2.50

XCOM EW xb3   $2.60    GS: 7.70                   far cry 4 xb1     $3.39   GS:9.60

Tales Vesperia     $1.90    GS:6.60

Diablo 3 ult ps4   $9.99    GS:19.25

GTA V XB1          $5.50     GS:22.00

Total                    $51.46   GS:118.25                           total     $43.35   GS: 84.27                                              $ 25.68

spent $120.49 out of pocket       got back $118.25 cash and $84.27 credit     with the potential to get $42.35 MORE IN CASH or $63 in credit with the 50% bump plus pro card

best haul ever   such a great rush    thank you to everyone here with all the awesome info!

I traded in to a GS I rarely go to last night, where the very knowledgeable about everything employee suddenly didn't know that preordering CoD was giving a 50% trade in bump, so I had to show it to him on the flyer... then he puts my $5 deposit on a regular version, says "OK but you can't cancel this $5 deposit" (thought you didn't know about any bonus!) and I say OK, he hits return, and nothing happens to the running total.  

I again show him the flyer and ask why it didn't add the 50%, and he takes the flyer and squints and says  "Oh you have to get the deluxe or premium (whatever the 2 are called) edition", and so he does switches it and again says to me "I'm putting a note here that you can't cancel the $5 preorder deposit."   I thought he was just being a jr detective (which he probably is) but then I came here and read all the hubbub.

It's ok though, I'll take a $5 for $90+ deal anyday.

I honestly don't care about the impact it has on the employee. Not my problem. I was wondering if it flags your account to be banned.
based on all your suspicious behavior I wouldn't cancel before release. so yes it does hurt you

I am actually considering keeping it anyway if I can get a clan together on here. I've cancelled preorders in the past on the same day but I never received an e-mail saying they put a note on my account for suspicious behavior.

I am actually considering keeping it anyway if I can get a clan together on here. I've cancelled preorders in the past on the same day but I never received an e-mail saying they put a note on my account for suspicious behavior.
You're thinking GS would email you to let you know they'd put a note on your account for "suspicious behavior"? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Funniest thing I've heard all day.

well apparently ive been out the loop cause i just tried to buy a steam card and shell card with store credit and was denied the shell card. I knew about the amazon cards. that sucks, guess im done with gamestop now for the most part.

I guess gamestop making up for the same value for cash or credit for California's, as it's not valid on california

also, starting on the 6th all california gamestop will start doing finger prints and not sure if he mentioned taking picture. this is according to one of the manager that i usually go to.

Made just under $300 this weekend and I was able to convert all my BB credit to GS. PS4 Pro will be paid off after I trade in my old PS4. Plus, I got the Rocket League DLC. Thanks again, Blackbeard!

Made just under $300 this weekend and I was able to convert all my BB credit to GS. PS4 Pro will be paid off after I trade in my old PS4. Plus, I got the Rocket League DLC. Thanks again, Blackbeard!
so you bought rocket league (brand new) at best buy and traded it at gamestop? that is a good idea just to get the DLC

you really think they are going to email you saying "we think you are a fraudulent customer?" They tag your account and then sometimes send it to corporate and the other shops in the area.

PS. 1999 called and said they want their clan back...

You're thinking GS would email you to let you know they'd put a note on your account for "suspicious behavior"? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Funniest thing I've heard all day.
That would be like all of us personal messaging someone and telling them they are annoying, instead of just trolling them in the open. :whistle2:

When AMZ banned me they e-mailed me and told me why.

Amazon banned you?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhocking!

i was wondering why there was a left to right scroll bar at the bottom of my browser, guess that answers that question lol

What game is it?
Turns out the item was sold, surprise surprise. It was actually a preowned Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo. As someone who works there, can you help me understand how this could have happened? He said it was on a web hold for somebody else, yet the item isn't listed on the website, the mobile website, or the app. I'm thinking he saw it and wanted it for himself, and used that as an excuse to not ship it to me. Can you offer a possible explanation?

I honestly don't care about the impact it has on the employee. Not my problem. I was wondering if it flags your account to be banned.
Why don't you care about the Gamestop employee? I think several pages back you became irritated that people wouldn't hand you everything on a silver platter. You even went after Blackbeard. Is it all take and no give for you? Do unto others my friend.

Turns out the item was sold, surprise surprise. It was actually a preowned Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo. As someone who works there, can you help me understand how this could have happened? He said it was on a web hold for somebody else, yet the item isn't listed on the website, the mobile website, or the app. I'm thinking he saw it and wanted it for himself, and used that as an excuse to not ship it to me. Can you offer a possible explanation?
I mean could be anything. They could have gotten it from another store for a customer, could be a web in store order, could have bought it himself.

I'm more thinking it's time for you to get banned on here, since you're obvious doing so much to make yourself a member of the community. No one's going to kiss your ass, hand you things with an engraved invitation or do your work for you. Grow a pair and put on your big boy pants, or just hit the door and don't come back since you're not needed around here, you waste of space.

I dont cancel the preorder. I just leave it there. When im doing trade ins that net me an extra $150 in credit im not going to draw attention to my account over $5.00. Ill usually leave it there until the employee asks me if i want to move it over or cancel it.
Same, I'm actually still waiting for them to see if I want to move or cancel this

[attachment=23937:Screenshot 2016-10-03 at 10.34.18 PM.png]

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back